Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
PS: I think I'll put the whole Jeep back to factory tomorrow and drop it off at the dealership. Since we're heading out via a new car we just purchased, it can sit there for months until it's fixed or I might pull it and trade it. It's not why I pay $600 a month.

#fedup
Sponsored

B18ROH

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2016 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Well......I just got a call from the dealer, apparently the glass did NOT make it to the dealer yet so the ETA now is the first week in April. And so it begins.....
Last Visit was March 10th, Still haven't heard a word about the ETA on my window. Good thing it doesn't rain in the spring here in MN.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Feb 23-first dealer appointment, glass put on order and I sent JeepCares a message on this forum.

Mar 25-glass arrived at dealer.

Mar 29-dropped off truck for Mar 30th appointment at the glass shop and got a Grand Cherokee for a loaner.

Mar 30-dealer notified me the glass shop scratched my hardtop while cutting out the old window.

Apr 6-got my truck back and all is well so far.

Back on Feb 23 there was another JT in the shop with the same problem. Their glass was ordered before mine, yet mine came in first. They are still waiting on their glass to come in. I was told by the dealer that my claim had an elevated status due to JeepCares involvement. Thanks JeepCares and Jimmy at Waldorf Jeep for helping me out. You guys rock!
You left out what, if anything, happened between Mar 30 and Apr 6. What, if anything, did the dealer do about your scratched roof?

Roof damage during replacement is my greatest fear with this.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully everyone on here with the leak isn’t just getting water in the Jeep until their glass arrives. I used electrical tape to put a “seal” at the top, and I think that is working as a temporary solution.

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
UPDATE: My dealer called me on Saturday April 3 to say the glass had arrived. Now just trying to schedule the install with the glass company. I am told it is a one day repair.
Just dropped the JT off at dealer this morning. Supposed to be back to me today.

Sponsored

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
What the.......so no reason given at all and they just said "claim denied" and want you to live with the leak? Are you beyond 36k miles or something? Wow.
Hi everyone
Update.... the day after I posted this, the dealer called me back and said someone named Christine had contacted him, I assume she is affiliated with Jeep or @JeepCares. He said he may have made an error in submitting my claim and was going to try again. Called me back today and said he would be ordering my back glass. I am not sure who to thank, Christine for sure whoever she is, and this forum for giving me an opportunity to reach Christine. I will post back whenever the new glass comes in. Thanks for everyone's help.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
PS: I think I'll put the whole Jeep back to factory tomorrow and drop it off at the dealership. Since we're heading out via a new car we just purchased, it can sit there for months until it's fixed or I might pull it and trade it. It's not why I pay $600 a month.

#fedup
Ive realized jeep sucks. Once they get your money they could careless. Their customer service is terrible. I’m going through a mess with them. On top of that my back window leaks as well. You would think for a 50k plus vehicle they would have their act together. Mine will be traded as soon as they fix my electrical issues. I’m hoping I can lemon it.

DeepSea

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT LE, T120, JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Diver
You left out what, if anything, happened between Mar 30 and Apr 6. What, if anything, did the dealer do about your scratched roof?

Roof damage during replacement is my greatest fear with this.
The glass shop sent it to a body shop on or about 31 Mar and returned it to the dealer on 2 April. The dealer wasn't completely happy with the repair, so they sent it back to the body shop. I then got it from the dealer on 6 April.

Roof scratches were my biggest concern going into this as well. I even warned the dealer about it, but what else can you do. This was covered under warranty and I had a loaner vehicle, so other than time spent going to and from the dealer I wasn't put out too much.

I couldn't tell where the repaired area was after looking it over. Even after it was pointed out to me, I still can't see anything. So I will keep an eye on that area in the future to see if it changes any.

Things to look for: scratches on the outside hard top around the window, broken/cracked inside trim piece at the top of the window(dealer is replacing mine), broken glass down low on the inside of vehicle(I didn't see it, but heard it rattling around. Will vacuum it out.)

Hope this helps you guys.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Hi everyone
Update.... the day after I posted this, the dealer called me back and said someone named Christine had contacted him, I assume she is affiliated with Jeep or @JeepCares. He said he may have made an error in submitting my claim and was going to try again. Called me back today and said he would be ordering my back glass. I am not sure who to thank, Christine for sure whoever she is, and this forum for giving me an opportunity to reach Christine. I will post back whenever the new glass comes in. Thanks for everyone's help.

Wow! That's great to hear. I would like to think/hope it was JeepCares/FCA stepping in based on seeing this thread. It sounds like your classic "wrong box was checked" on a form or something along those lines. I truly despise dealing with warranty issues on cars. I have had issues with near new cars from multiple brands where I have had to dig in and fight (and even produce internal tech documents or other proof of a known issue) on more than one occasion when the service writer was trying to wiggle out of their obligations.

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Update - by the time I got to my appointment today - the Service Manager had already research the leak issue (said Chrysler has it clearly stated on their site) and it was a no hassle process. They ran some low pressure water - saw the leak - and have submitted for warranty approval and expect to have the parts ordered by the end of the day.

Kudos to Heritage Jeep in MD for the high level of customer service. Now - to see how long the glass takes to get. Luckily - it’s soft top weather.
Update - first dealer appt was Tuesday this week - just heard from dealer the glass should be in by the 19th. (April 19th).

Sponsored

Czajka90

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator, 2016 wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1949 CJ3A
Occupation
Firefighter
My 1st Contact with the dealership was Oct. 20, 2020 about the rear leak.
A week later, the issue was confirmed by the dealership.

I heard nothing for almost 2 months, in the meantime, my locker light came on.
It's been on/off randomly since.

Dealership won't even look at the locker light issue until the glass is fixed.

Fast forward to Jan, when Jeep Cares saw my post about this.
I've been assigned no fewer than 4 Jeep Cares People in the background.

I had an appointment for Feb 18th at the dealership for all items to be verified.
A day earlier, the dealership calls to say my window was approved and it would be about 2-weeks for the glass.

Now, April 6th and Jeep Cares reached out to tell me my glass is still on B/O until at least the end of April.

My first brand new automobile, my first Jeep, $50 freak'n k and 10 months old and I've had water pouring in for 6months of ownership!

Seriously, at what point does someone just say, give the man a new top if we can't get the glass??
And the screwed up part is that I don't dare sink any more $ into my Jeep (it was supposed to get new suspension and re-gearing) because I don't need to drop $2500 on gears to have Jeep tell me they need to replace my axle and re-gearing again is on me, or worse, they won't cover it because I re-geared it.

The worst part for me, we bought a new Jeep to build and travel. Now, all of the plans we had to take the Jeep on a 2 month Overland / Off-Roading trip starting a week ago have halted. (First World Problem for sure, but it still sucks!)

And... Now my steering is having issues. Not nearly as bad as some, but definitely wonders about on the roads. Since I live in the mountains with little to no straights, you don't notice it too much. But, I went on the highway for the first time all since last Fall and it was constant corrections to keep it in the lane. Almost exhausting at times.

I love the Gladiator, but frankly, I'm becoming increasingly skeptical on the brand and parts supplies. At least I'm not as bad off as the other member who can't get a transmission on an almost new Jeep.

PS: I've worked for Honda/Yamaha/Can-Am dealerships for about about 10 years and the last 4 years of my work was as a Service Writer. I'm calm and understand about delays. But this is getting to be a pain in the @$$ and frankly, I have little faith my Jeep will be completely fixed by the end of 2021 at this rate.
Ordering or replacing your hardtop won’t fix anything. The hard tops come delivered with the glass uninstalled that then has to be installed into the top. Hard tops are on back order due to the glass on back ordered. Some auto glass installers are capable of having the glass sooner but it will be an aftermarket glass abs sometimes only straight, no rear slider. Auto glass now was about $300 five or take. That’s an option if your willing to pay out of pocket. Sorry about your frustrations

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully everyone on here with the leak isn’t just getting water in the Jeep until their glass arrives. I used electrical tape to put a “seal” at the top, and I think that is working as a temporary solution.
Yeah, I finally installed some FlexSeal Tape across the back window.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I had not choice; I live in the mountains with almost daily snow & rain, so, My Jeep started to smell like a gym locker after 4 months of water entry, now moving towards month 7. :mad:
Best of luck getting that off.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Bought a leftover 2020 JTR last weekend, and as this was the first time it really rained, am now seeing the window leak for the first time. Sent an email to my dealer. I will also PM @JeepCares with my VIN number to get the case escalated.

I hate to think what damage may have been done with this thing leaking on the lot for a year and a half.
Sponsored