Roof leak in back

Kwillong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Add another leaking rear window to the list. Calling the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed and i am still having an issue with the third-eye break light in the tailgate not working.

Just wondering, is this just a 2020 issue or is it also on 2021 JTs too?

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back 5EA9C158-9C5D-447C-A0F1-F5B328F5AEA7

Jeep Gladiator Roof leak in back C90F7A88-62C1-42C1-908E-96A731B10018
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have had my Gladiator over a year now and it just sat outside overnight in a hard rain for the first time. I was curious if mine leaked too and to my surprise, it did. I’m not taking it to the dealer because:

1. I don’t trust them to fix it more than I trust them to mess something else up.
2. It’s not a big leak and it’s the first time in a year. Not to mention it stays inside of a garage 99.5% of the time it’s not being driven.

Good luck to the rest of you.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Add another leaking rear window to the list. Calling the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed and i am still having an issue with the third-eye break light in the tailgate not working.

Just wondering, is this just a 2020 issue or is it also on 2021 JTs too?

I have not taken notes when reading all of the threads about this....but it seemed to mostly be 2020s...if not exclusively. I truly believe it has to be/have been a problem with a batch of windows, an assembly procedure on the line or something else "systematic". It seems that too many folks are having the exact same issue for it to be random.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have had my Gladiator over a year now and it just sat outside overnight in a hard rain for the first time. I was curious if mine leaked too and to my surprise, it did. I’m not taking it to the dealer because:

1. I don’t trust them to fix it more than I trust them to mess something else up.
2. It’s not a big leak and it’s the first time in a year. Not to mention it stays inside of a garage 99.5% of the time it’s not being driven.

Good luck to the rest of you.
Your prerogative but it will get worse over time.

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
Just dropped the JT off at dealer this morning. Supposed to be back to me today.
Here's a full recap:

March 4 through 6 – diagnostic appointment at dealership

March 10 – glass replacement was approved; glass ordered

April 3 – glass arrived to dealer

April 8 – glass installed at dealer

April 9 – picked up vehicle. Noticed hard top damaged in several places.

April 10 – spent several hours removing glass from bed of truck and inside the cab behind the rear seats

April 13 – talked to dealership about damage.

April 15 – brought vehicle back to dealership so they could see the damage

April 16 – dealership agrees to repaint back of hardtop; appointment set for April 26.

Despite the frustration of dealing with the leak and the repairs, I am pleased with the dealership taking responsibility to make it right and for Jeep Cares / Jeep Wave working with me and the dealership throughout.

Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Local dealer told me that they plan to replace the rear window. The manager told me that gladiators and ram trucks were having the issue and that they are aware. He believes it is the sealant - which I find odd, you'd think they would simply re-seal the window if that's the case. I'm waiting for glass now. 3 windshields and now rear glass...

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Local dealer told me that they plan to replace the rear window. The manager told me that gladiators and ram trucks were having the issue and that they are aware. He believes it is the sealant - which I find odd, you'd think they would simply re-seal the window if that's the case. I'm waiting for glass now. 3 windshields and now rear glass...
I could be wrong but my understanding is the rear window and the surrounding frame are held into the hardtop with a pre formed molded rubber seal as a friction fit. Actual sealant or butyl is not used.

anduff

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2000 XJ, 98 XJ, 96 XJ
Occupation
Firefighter
My dealer called and said Jeep has authorized a aftermarket rear window. It can be installed next week as opposed to at least 45 days. Not sure how I feel about that. Seems like I'm not getting what I paid for.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer called and said Jeep has authorized a aftermarket rear window. It can be installed next week as opposed to at least 45 days. Not sure how I feel about that. Seems like I'm not getting what I paid for.
hmmmm right.....if you consider it be sure it has the slider window. I think I read here somewhere that someone was offered an aftermarket rear window without the slider window.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Update. Glass was supposed to be in on April 19th. Called Monday - no glass.

Not thrilled with the sudden ‘can’t get it’. @JeepCares any help appreciated.
Hey, Matthew. If you need additional assistance, please follow up in that message thread we have started. Thanks.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealer ordered new rear glass and updated me today that they expect the glass in next week.

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
my Dealer called me today, glass arrived and should be in either tomorrow or monday. I also had tires to be mounted and balanced but they wont do them because they are larger than stock. Has anybody ever heard of that before? I have a sport S and an putting 285/70/17s on

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my Dealer called me today, glass arrived and should be in either tomorrow or monday. I also had tires to be mounted and balanced but they wont do them because they are larger than stock. Has anybody ever heard of that before? I have a sport S and an putting 285/70/17s on
Yep pretty common. Dumb.....but common. Even had a few big chain tire stores do the same in the past.....if it was not listed as standard size in the computer they wouldn't touch it. Just find a decent local tire shop. I never use the dealer for anything but warranty repairs.

klejeune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 White Max tow
Just scheduled my first appointment with dealer for 12/7. I’ll update progress. Who is paying to have window re-tinted if they have to replace it?
My glass is after market tinted as well. What was the result in your replacement? Did they re-tint it or will I be eating the cost to re-tint?

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
If my glass comes in and it isnt the slider im going to not be very happy, i usually leave the back portion of the hard top on for the kids and just open the slider
Sponsored