First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Bought a leftover 2020 JTR last weekend, and as this was the first time it really rained, am now seeing the window leak for the first time. Sent an email to my dealer. I will also PM @JeepCares with my VIN number to get the case escalated.

I hate to think what damage may have been done with this thing leaking on the lot for a year and a half.
D716F6B5-BF54-41B3-A3BD-EFB0508F038E.jpeg
2B24F104-9CE8-4CDD-A69F-0BAFBD9BA132.jpeg
13CDE7B5-25AE-4159-91F4-C5A1CA344862.jpeg
896A2B6F-9A30-414D-AB0C-222383356F88.jpeg
Sponsored

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
same here---leaking right in the middle.
didnt notice it but a buddy had the issue and told me about it--so i looks and sure a shit the #$#$ is leaking all over the subwoofer.
got appointment tomorrow....will see how that goes...

Xxtavixx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
So wait, dealers are replacing whole tops to fix this?

what happens when these are out of warranty?

Coastal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Gladiator Rubicon
I just found mine leaking and have an appointment today.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
same here---leaking right in the middle.
didnt notice it but a buddy had the issue and told me about it--so i looks and sure a shit the #$#$ is leaking all over the subwoofer.
got appointment tomorrow....will see how that goes...
Let us know how your appointment goes, cleatus. If you need any additional assistance while there, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

I just found mine leaking and have an appointment today.
Keep us updated on what the dealer says, Coastal! We're here if you need an extra layer of assistance during the repair process.

Kate
Jeep Cares

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Add me to the rear glass leaking club. Appointment next Wednesday. Went to run the girls to practice and had the jeep outside the garage as I was doing some home projects. Girls jumped in and said "dad you left a window down or something the seats are wet". Got back there and noticed the rear window leaking in three places. It is garaged at work, and home. Also bought it off the show room floor, so who knows how long it has been like that.

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
Let us know how your appointment goes, cleatus. If you need any additional assistance while there, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Keep us updated on what the dealer says, Coastal! We're here if you need an extra layer of assistance during the repair process.

Kate
Jeep Cares
they are evaluating it now--gave em pictures too so hope it helps

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
I had mine in for replacement in December. Glass company scratched the hell out of my top so the dealership was ordering a new top. Apparently the new tops come in without the glass the top has been at the dealership for weeks now but the glass is back ordered so four months later and I'm still waiting to get my roof replaced.

Good luck everyone!

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
got their response: top has hairline crack apparently--nice
never had the top off either.
They are ordering a new one and it will have to be painted as its matching color top
sounds like 3-4 weeks

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I've checked mine after the last couple of rain storms and everything has been dry. We are a dry climate here in Ut, so I'll continue to monitor.
Rain storm today so I went and checked again. I found a few drops of water on the trim piece above the center of the rear sliding window...off to call the dealer

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Time to vent a bit. I'm quite frustrated at this point. I took my Jeep in on March 16 for the rear locker sensor issue and the roof leak. The new rear differential was backordered, but they completed that work on 4/7. It is what it is, I didn't have any major frustration over this being backordered. Anyhow, did they take care of the glass during the 3 weeks they were waiting for the rear diff? No...they didn't start that process until last Wednesday. My dealer said they sent the photos to Jeep on 4/8 and still no approval for a known issue! I got Jeep Cares involved on Monday of this week...still no results from corporate. Here it is 31 days after I dropped off my Jeep and it will be at least another weekend that I have to wait. We were supposed to go camping this weekend. I also miss my Jeep. :mad:

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Time to vent a bit. I'm quite frustrated at this point. I took my Jeep in on March 16 for the rear locker sensor issue and the roof leak. The new rear differential was backordered, but they completed that work on 4/7. It is what it is, I didn't have any major frustration over this being backordered. Anyhow, did they take care of the glass during the 3 weeks they were waiting for the rear diff? No...they didn't start that process until last Wednesday. My dealer said they sent the photos to Jeep on 4/8 and still no approval for a known issue! I got Jeep Cares involved on Monday of this week...still no results from corporate. Here it is 31 days after I dropped off my Jeep and it will be at least another weekend that I have to wait. We were supposed to go camping this weekend. I also miss my Jeep. :mad:
Just got the notice that Jeep approved the window replacement...should be done on Monday.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the notice that Jeep approved the window replacement...should be done on Monday.
Not trying to one up you; but more make you feel better...
I first made contact with my dealership about the window leak Oct 21, 2020.
I literally just got an email that the glass is in and to be installed this Monday(tomorrow).

Yay, I guess.
2 weeks after my window was reported to the dealership, my locker came on; they and Jeep won't do anything for it (even look at it) until the window is fixed.

Since then, I've had the wandering issue creep in; again, that is to be addressed after the window.
As a former Service Writer, there are no words. I get that sh!t happens, but it's been almost 7 months.

This is my 1st new vehicle ever, first time spending more than 12k on the vehicle actually at the ripe age of 50.

I was supposed to be in the middle of a 2 month long Jeep/mountain bike trip across the US right now with another happening in the Fall; but I frankly have ZERO faith my JTR will be running well by the end of 2021; I mean, it's only 7 months until 2022 and they have to fix and axle and steering issue.

My fault for falling into the trap of thinking $50k would buy more than a clunker I could've spent $10k on... We all dare to dream

PS: My wife and I are a 1 car family; but we literally bought a new car just to drop the JTR off at the dealership with a note; please don't call until finished.
Sponsored