First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Just noticed the leak in mine today. 2020 Rubicon w 10k miles on it. Major puddle behind the back passenger seat in the cubby. Looks like the dealer shouldn’t be surprised when I call next week.
Found out today that my repair hasn’t yet been authorized, over 2 weeks after they assessed it. The service advisor had told me it was approved for repair when I picked it up. Now they need a picture of my odometer, because the fat-fingered tech entered an extra digit on my mileage, resulting in my Jeep appearing to be out of warranty. Ugh...
Mines a 2020
2020 launch edition purchased Father’s Day of 2019.
@JeepCares
Vin number 1C6JJTBG6LL111711
@JeepCares

2020 Gladiator
Vin - 1C6JJTBGXLL120217

Happy to have you open a case as I sit and watch the water pouring into my vehicle.

Will be contacting dealer this week.
Spoke with my dealer yesterday, they are going to replace the window. Going through the Warranty process with FCA. Said the window is on backorder and they arent sure how long it will take to come in. Luckily i still have 5weeks before i can drive while recovering from ankle surgery.
Hello, everyone. I tired to grab all posts that I saw with a concern and would be happy to discuss further with you. I ask that each of you message me separately with details that include the most recent dealer appointment so I can get started. Additionally, for those that put there VIN on the forum, we recommend removing them for safety, as that is a personal detail. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Czajka90

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator, 2016 wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1949 CJ3A
Occupation
Firefighter
Just got the phone call today that my glass arrived and they wish to start work Monday. My original date of submission of claim was 05 Feb 2021. Can’t thank JeepCares enough. I will post how the install went. Thank you

peteawalk

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Just got the phone call today that my glass arrived and they wish to start work Monday. My original date of submission of claim was 05 Feb 2021. Can’t thank JeepCares enough. I will post how the install went. Thank you
Wow 2 month backorder? I guess I have another month left...

Czajka90

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Wow 2 month backorder? I guess I have another month left...
it has been awhile and I’ve done as much as I can to mitigate the water collecting I’m on the floor boards. But honestly it’s been the best experience I’ve ever had with a vehicle manufacturer. I mean every other time I’ve left either ignoring the problem or paying for it feeling like I got, got. It’s easy to get frustrated at the dealers and take it out on the people at JeepCares but really they don’t have anything to do with prejudgment Of the dealers. Luckily mine was way helpful. But jeepcares not only watched over the whole situation but kept me well informed. I completely sympathize about the difficulties of the leak but they can only assist us if we are able to understand, practice patients, and be kind to one another. It’s easy to to overlook the quality of service someone provides if you can’t show empathy to another person. Everything has been really messed up and I’m sure there’s no need to remind. Yes the windows have been on back order but so is a lot of other parts and that’s something then no one can do about it. 2 months isn’t really a lot of time when you haven’t really gone without. Think about the people that have rear broken glass from a break in. Not saying you in general peteawalk. There’s just some people on here that assumptions are getting the best of themselves or unwilling to go through the process.

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
UPDATE on glass delivery date: My Jeep case agent called yesterday (she calls weekly) and said the estimated date is April 19. That would 1.5 months from dealer visit to repair if the part arrives. My rep wasn't able to answer the "why so long" question.
UPDATE: My dealer called me on Saturday April 3 to say the glass had arrived. Now just trying to schedule the install with the glass company. I am told it is a one day repair.

Sponsored

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealer appt is today. They tried to cancel the appointment because ‘they use a 3rd party service’ to assess leaks.

explained to them it is a documented issue that can be found with a 3 minute google search - and very clear to see where the vehicle is leaking - and that would like it assessed simply so the glass can be ordered.
Appt today at 2pm - @JeepCares - sending you my info now.

Ammo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JT
Come on Jeep, this is ridiculous. Been waiting 3 months to date. My claim was submitted 1/6/21. Unacceptable. Jeep Cares has been involved and still has not been expedited.

Czajka90

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I just picked up the jeep from the shop today. Rear glass fixed and it passed another leak test. Also the rear defrost feels that its activating. It's been a long 3 months but couldn't be happier. Stay strong ya'll.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Come on Jeep, this is ridiculous. Been waiting 3 months to date. My claim was submitted 1/6/21. Unacceptable. Jeep Cares has been involved and still has not been expedited.
My total time was just over 4 months. JeepCares was instrumental in getting to moved along (and I’m very grateful for their involvement), however I was told that the way the dealer ordered the part was the issue. Not sure what the Jeep rep meant, as they did not provide any additional details. Rest assured that Jeep will take care of it!

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealer appt is today. They tried to cancel the appointment because ‘they use a 3rd party service’ to assess leaks.

explained to them it is a documented issue that can be found with a 3 minute google search - and very clear to see where the vehicle is leaking - and that would like it assessed simply so the glass can be ordered.
Appt today at 2pm - @JeepCares - sending you my info now.
Update - by the time I got to my appointment today - the Service Manager had already research the leak issue (said Chrysler has it clearly stated on their site) and it was a no hassle process. They ran some low pressure water - saw the leak - and have submitted for warranty approval and expect to have the parts ordered by the end of the day.

Kudos to Heritage Jeep in MD for the high level of customer service. Now - to see how long the glass takes to get. Luckily - it’s soft top weather.

Sponsored

DeepSea

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT LE, T120, JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Diver
Feb 23-first dealer appointment, glass put on order and I sent JeepCares a message on this forum.

Mar 25-glass arrived at dealer.

Mar 29-dropped off truck for Mar 30th appointment at the glass shop and got a Grand Cherokee for a loaner.

Mar 30-dealer notified me the glass shop scratched my hardtop while cutting out the old window.

Apr 6-got my truck back and all is well so far.

Back on Feb 23 there was another JT in the shop with the same problem. Their glass was ordered before mine, yet mine came in first. They are still waiting on their glass to come in. I was told by the dealer that my claim had an elevated status due to JeepCares involvement. Thanks JeepCares and Jimmy at Waldorf Jeep for helping me out. You guys rock!

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Took mine to dealer via @JeepCares, dealer said corporate rejected the claim, wouldn't tell me why, and Jeep Cares said it is out of their control. I'm at a loss as to the way Jeep treats some of us.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Took mine to dealer via @JeepCares, dealer said corporate rejected the claim, wouldn't tell me why, and Jeep Cares said it is out of their control. I'm at a loss as to the way Jeep treats some of us.
What the.......so no reason given at all and they just said "claim denied" and want you to live with the leak? Are you beyond 36k miles or something? Wow.

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
What the.......so no reason given at all and they just said "claim denied" and want you to live with the leak? Are you beyond 36k miles or something? Wow.
14k miles, not even 2 years old just said claim denied, unbelievable.

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
My 1st Contact with the dealership was Oct. 20, 2020 about the rear leak.
A week later, the issue was confirmed by the dealership.

I heard nothing for almost 2 months, in the meantime, my locker light came on.
It's been on/off randomly since.

Dealership won't even look at the locker light issue until the glass is fixed.

Fast forward to Jan, when Jeep Cares saw my post about this.
I've been assigned no fewer than 4 Jeep Cares People in the background.

I had an appointment for Feb 18th at the dealership for all items to be verified.
A day earlier, the dealership calls to say my window was approved and it would be about 2-weeks for the glass.

Now, April 6th and Jeep Cares reached out to tell me my glass is still on B/O until at least the end of April.

My first brand new automobile, my first Jeep, $50 freak'n k and 10 months old and I've had water pouring in for 6months of ownership!

Seriously, at what point does someone just say, give the man a new top if we can't get the glass??
And the screwed up part is that I don't dare sink any more $ into my Jeep (it was supposed to get new suspension and re-gearing) because I don't need to drop $2500 on gears to have Jeep tell me they need to replace my axle and re-gearing again is on me, or worse, they won't cover it because I re-geared it.

The worst part for me, we bought a new Jeep to build and travel. Now, all of the plans we had to take the Jeep on a 2 month Overland / Off-Roading trip starting a week ago have halted. (First World Problem for sure, but it still sucks!)

And... Now my steering is having issues. Not nearly as bad as some, but definitely wonders about on the roads. Since I live in the mountains with little to no straights, you don't notice it too much. But, I went on the highway for the first time all since last Fall and it was constant corrections to keep it in the lane. Almost exhausting at times.

I love the Gladiator, but frankly, I'm becoming increasingly skeptical on the brand and parts supplies. At least I'm not as bad off as the other member who can't get a transmission on an almost new Jeep.

PS: I've worked for Honda/Yamaha/Can-Am dealerships for about about 10 years and the last 4 years of my work was as a Service Writer. I'm calm and understand about delays. But this is getting to be a pain in the @$$ and frankly, I have little faith my Jeep will be completely fixed by the end of 2021 at this rate.
Sponsored