Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is total glamping, but nice product, too bad you can't change the language of the site, lol
Not a problem for some of us, ;) unluckily my phone "damn auto correct" wouldn't let me type my response in German.:LOL: after living in Germany for almost 6 years. Nice but one heck of a sticker shock for it. Otherwise.... Das ist gut.
Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a problem for some of us, ;) unluckily my phone "damn auto correct" wouldn't let me type my response in German.:LOL: after living in Germany for almost 6 years. Nice but one heck of a sticker shock for it. Otherwise.... Das ist gut.
yeah, I was in Lahr for seven years, but as a child and didn't retain any of the German I learned back then, lol.....it was in the 70's

Definitely sticker shock, yikes

VA Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubi 06 LJ Rubi
Google translate got me the most important part. The price 134850.00 euro

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Google translate got me the most important part. The price 134850.00 euro
When I read it I knew it would be stupid expensive and then seen the cost I was really surprised.

Sponsored

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Just finished a 2k miles journey, I've got to say that I did see a lot of idiots with slide-in, aka 1500 short bed with a 850 Lance, the truck was Twisted in its parking spot, just imagine on the road... Or a Canyon with a Palamino sticking 3 feet past the tailgate. JUST LIKE I SAID THERE'S A LOT OF IDIOTS, THAT PHYSICS AND COMMON SENSE ISN'T PART OF THERE LIVES.
Yes sometimes your eyebrows flicker and say wtf....
Hi Jean,
Do you have pictures of your finished camper? Inside & out.
I'm originally from Sherbrooke but now live in NC. I'm interested in your camper. Thanks!

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Real Estate Broker and Yacht Broker, 503-781-9967
Here is my Slide in Camper option, all custom made Aluminum and ultra light gr fiberglass panels. Loaded 1300 pounds, made truck modify to make sure I have a great and safe ride, teraflex 3.0, hellwig Sway bar, airbags 10 PLY open Country at3
Cheers Jean

20200510_130532.jpg
Where do we get one? Making them custom? Love how clean the interior is. Simple but fully functioning.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I wish Scout Campers would make a Yoho that fits in a Gladiator. To me this is the perfect combination between too much (e.g. full size Lance luxury) and too basic (Go Fast Camper etc - [NOTE: I LOVE the GFC but need a bit more comfort for my other half)]. What I like about the Scout Yoho is the simple water system, heating system and cook system. Lots of storage room, no tanks to deal with so more easy to us 4 seasons etc. I also like a slide in model that I can easily slid out and get my "truck" back for commuting etc. But when I want to head north I can load up at home etc and slide on and go. Like a backpack!

https://www.scoutcampers.com/scoutyoho

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I wish Scout Campers would make a Yoho that fits in a Gladiator. To me this is the perfect combination between too much (e.g. full size Lance luxury) and too basic (Go Fast Camper etc - [NOTE: I LOVE the GFC but need a bit more comfort for my other half)]. What I like about the Scout Yoho is the simple water system, heating system and cook system. Lots of storage room, no tanks to deal with so more easy to us 4 seasons etc. I also like a slide in model that I can easily slid out and get my "truck" back for commuting etc. But when I want to head north I can load up at home etc and slide on and go. Like a backpack!

https://www.scoutcampers.com/scoutyoho
Looks nice. I don't think Gladiator's have the payload capacity though for this type of stuff. Not sure what type of insurance risk there is with that scenario (if much of any). Seems like these options make more sense for a full size vehicle.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks nice. I don't think Gladiator's have the payload capacity though for this type of stuff. Not sure what type of insurance risk there is with that scenario (if much of any). Seems like these options make more sense for a full size vehicle.
The Scout Yoho is specifically designed for midsize trucks. The pictures on their website show a Toyota Tacoma. A 2021 Tacoma 4x4 v6 auto TRD Off Road has a load capacity of 1155lbs: https://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features/weights_capacities/7594/7544/7582. Four Wheel Camper's Swift Model is also designed for mid size trucks and their page shows a Taco too.

I agree that the JT's load capacity would be a challenge since both of these campers start around 900ish lbs and with options etc probably get to 1200lbs dry.

But with the right springs it could work. I just don't understand why 4Wheel Camper and Scout don't include the Gladiator. Probably because Taco's are really popular so larger market... but one can dream right?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I can give you all my two cents opinion on this topic, I do have one so that makes me a professional on this matter 😂,... Because the truck "as is" cannot without any mods handle a camper there is no way a company would produce a camper for it. Also you need to keep in mind that the rear axle is located very close to cab witch makes a huge lever in the back, and the frame isn't beefy enough, only thru proper mounting on frame and not on the flimsy hook in the box makes it partly possible, then there is weight distribution. Center of gravity must be on axle, and don't even think of hauling any trailer. When you calculate everything it works well, I can say that I'm very happy with my setup. But I know exactly what not to do, because happiness can turn to nightmare if you disregard all safety precautions.
Thank you - this is very helpful! Where can I order one of your campers 😁

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went with the GoFast Camper GFC, probably not what you were thinking but it works for my needs.
1) Has to fit in standard height residential garage
2) Stay mounted 24-7 but still have room in bed to haul items and to truck stuff.
3) Sleep 2 and a dog(below) and out of the elements
4) be able to secure items in bed
5) have a way to mount an awning that can be easy on/off
Load capacity for the top is 500lbs and the struts are rated to lift and hold 75-100lbs if utilizing the roof rack crossbars. The weight is 250lbs and can be removed with 4-5 adults and removing 6 bolts.

DC4087DC-689D-4D3B-A452-38CF964C4683.jpeg
54A28ADD-6C65-4017-9286-F337AA531B9C.jpeg
9F4727F7-438A-4D96-9AB7-E3FCCA4CCB54.jpeg
So... now that I know I'm scrwed on a Scout Yoho or 4wheel camper Swift... please tell me more about your experience with GFC? I have seen a lot on you tube but mostly Tacos and 4runners - anything about the JT I should know? I live in MN and one think I was looking for was a safe heat source that was fixed to the camper rather than being another piece of gear to carry and hook up... any pics of your set up, pro tips etc. would be welcome.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So... now that I know I'm scrwed on a Scout Yoho or 4wheel camper Swift... please tell me more about your experience with GFC? I have seen a lot on you tube but mostly Tacos and 4runners - anything about the JT I should know? I live in MN and one think I was looking for was a safe heat source that was fixed to the camper rather than being another piece of gear to carry and hook up... any pics of your set up, pro tips etc. would be welcome.
I'm not the guy with the GFC, but I've spent waaaay too much time researching it. Sadly, the cost has stricken it from my plans (though the DIY GFC on the Tacoma forums is still teasing me.)

The new v2 version of the GFC is starting to ship and if you order one now a) it won't be started until at least August and b) will include the new features and functionality... all major upgrades over the v1. Specifically, it's 20% lighter, has removable panels, has a new lower frame that is only available in black, but super light and strong. The price also went up from v1 to v2 (but they also increased the minimum wage to $25 an hour for all employees.)

Everything about the company is positive, they will make it right and offer lifetime warranties of some sort on each camper. If I could justify $8k for camping, I would... right now my plan is to start camping more to justify the 8k in the future. (c;
Sponsored