Sponsored

Still f*** no

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
That sounds like something is wrong or heavily modded. Or you drive under yes/no conditions to where the throttle is fully pressed or not all lol. You're experience is not the norm, as an outlier, you don't count :P
4.10 gears, 315/70/17 tires. Recalibrated for tire size. I drive like an old man.

I Have had her for almost 3 months. Mostly local driving - Not on the hwy much. Lucky to hit 14 once in awhile.

Wasnt much better when it was stock. Basically stayed in 14's ... lucky to hit 15 back then.

Plenty of guys in the same boat. Honestly, doesn't really bother me. Went into it expecting shit fuel economy and thats what I got lol

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
4.10 gears, 315/70/17 tires. Recalibrated for tire size. I drive like an old man.

I Have had her for almost 3 months. Mostly local driving - Not on the hwy much. Lucky to hit 14 once in awhile.

Wasnt much better when it was stock. Basically stayed in 14's ... lucky to hit 15 back then.

Plenty of guys in the same boat. Honestly, doesn't really bother me. Went into it expecting shit fuel economy and thats what I got lol
Man, I'm full stock Sport S (Max Tow, so 4.10s too) and I'm averaging 20mpg... I'd be pissed with 14, that's under city mileage.

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
If my wife hadn't recently traded for her 2021 WK2 and if she wasn't so in love with it, I'd be looking in that direction for her as she LOVES driving past all kinds of gas stations.
My wife happens to be one of those people. She drive 9 or so miles round trip to work. Most of her friends and family are within the 20 mile trip.
Totally off topic but... but.. I have to ask: is the 'my car / her car' really a thing for some married folks? Like, you would never drive 'her' car and 'she never drives my car' thing?

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Totally off topic but... but.. I have to ask: is the 'my car / her car' really a thing for some married folks? Like, you would never drive 'her' car and 'she never drives my car' thing?
My car / her car just means who picked it out, who primarily drives it, and maybe even who pays for it.

Do you just call everything "ours"? Ignorant single guy asking here. 😁

Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Since about mid 2020 I haven’t found a dealer that answers the phone, let alone calls people back. Maybe this guy is a swinger. Creepy.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
For us I have my diesel jt she has her 4xe wrangler WE both have jeeps. She works from home a lot and hers is a lease I drive 1 to 2 hrs a day and we bought mine. We each drive both on occasion depending on need. What’s mine is yours and what yours is mine and if she leaves me what’s mine is really only half mine and what’s hers is …well it’s still hers. Divorce law is gay like that.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
my wife says "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine."

not sure if she's joking... 😜

we pretty much drive the JT everywhere. we haven't put 5000 miles on the Audi since we started WFH in April '20.

Sponsored

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th anniversary edition Gladiator, 2021 QX80
Eh. The 4xe is for pretty specific people.

My wife happens to be one of those people. She drive 9 or so miles round trip to work. Most of her friends and family are within the 20 mile trip.

We've had her Jeep for close to a year now (got it early summer?) and she had put gas in it maybe 4 times.

She was over 1,000 miles before filling up.
She also cracked a windshield and had to get it replaced before needing gas.

If your commute is more than 20 miles OR you don't put time between trips (to recharge) it is pointless. Not MY type of Jeep.

It IS fun to skinny pedal, honestly.
This is us as well as I work from home and my wife drives 5 miles to her work so we put about 7500 miles a year on our vehicles and thats including traveling about 150 miles to visit our adult son.

One of our Jeeping buddies recently got a 4XE and my wife loves it so we are heading this weekend to look at a couple at our local dealer.

Plus our home is 100% solar powered so the charging is basically free so we think the 4XE will be perfect for us

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th anniversary edition Gladiator, 2021 QX80
Well we decided to go check out the 4XE and my dealer just made me an offer I couldn’t refuse so traded in the Gladiator even though we were only half way through our lease. Yeah we love the Firecracker Red

Jeep Gladiator Still f*** no 4F1128AD-C923-4FC0-8896-A0D2AE263DCD

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My car / her car just means who picked it out, who primarily drives it, and maybe even who pays for it.

Do you just call everything "ours"? Ignorant single guy asking here. 😁
Sounds about right. But her Jeep IS her Jeep. She chose every aspect of it, I only helped explain a couple of options. She is primary driver which is fine as It's a hard vehicle for me to get in and out of, and not as comfortable as mine. But I've always been the type to arrange legal documents and such thing so that if anything ever happened to me she would have no hassle, not have to transfer or fight for anything.
Weird thing, though - because I signed up for the TreadLightly affiliate program and it was in my name, when we bought her Jeep it ended up in my name first. But when we bought my Jeep, she wrote the check and things ended up with her name first. She loves to point out that truck is "technically hers" since her name is first.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Not only no, but hell no. I like being able to still drive when it gets really cold outside. Call me crazy.
Sponsored