First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
So, he's like basically every other communist leader the world has ever seen?
Exactly, he is nothing more than an (albeit very successful) authoritarian. It really doesn't matter what a persons politics happen to be, if they are an authoritarian sociopath (or is it psychopath), their goals are: consolidate power, put strict controls on everything, close the ranks with strong allies, take the money to caymans...
Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I cant believe this thread hasn't been shut down and people banned. The owner must have a real interest in watching this thread play out.

Just like any real world topic, this one is politcal. Everything is politcal anymore
It's not political in the sense of Republicans vs Democrats unless you consider unions and corporations proxys for each but that's really not what's happening here. More economic ideology than partisan politics.

There are gas station employees making 75% of what I make with precisely 0 risk, M-F, etc.
That's the most ignorant thing said on the internet today:

https://www.businessinsider.com/more-retail-workers-police-officers-killed-homicides-2019-8

Exactly, he is nothing more than an (albeit very successful) authoritarian. It really doesn't matter what a persons politics happen to be, if they are an authoritarian sociopath (or is it psychopath), their goals are: consolidate power, put strict controls on everything, close the ranks with strong allies, take the money to caymans...
You mean just like our politicians and the people who own them along with the Wall Street and Fortune 500 executives??

Last edited:

ErylFlynn

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkn Mojave, 2008 JK Unlimited Det Yellow
Was thinking that replacing the workers might be hard. I know a lot of places can't get people to work around here. Not sure how it is near these plants but I have a feeling it might not be too different.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I cant believe this thread hasn't been shut down and people banned. The owner must have a real interest in watching this thread play out.

Just like any real world topic, this one is politcal. Everything is politcal anymore. You can thank our politicians and their corporate media friends who pit us against each other and we reward them with viewership and votes.
I think most of us can have an honest debate without disrespecting each other. I don't hate someone who disagrees with me politically. Discussions help everyone see both sides. As long as we aren't name calling and being disrespectful, I think Admin/Moderators are willing to let an important discussion like this go. Afterall, we all have an invested interest in the Gladiator and want to see a resolution.

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Sorry, I should have said "significantly less risk" being a gas station employee. Over 60k LEOs were assaulted in 2020. We train multiple times a year, every year, on how not to get killed on duty. How not to get killed is like 40% of the academy. That's a major part of the job, and we go into every call doing what we can to minimize the risk of getting hurt/killed and it STILL happens often because it's often out of our hands.

Considering the number of patrol cops working their beats every day vs retail workers, I'd say it's pretty clear which is more dangerous overall.

It's like people loving to point out that "statistically" (depending on how you view the stats/elements) loggers have a more dangerous job, while ignoring that there are different kinds of danger. One person is worried that a piece of tree might fall on them or fly out of a mis-used machine, the other gets ambushed by people with guns and attacked by other humans intent on hurting or killing them.

Citation: FBI statistics https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...cers-assaulted-and-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, I should have said "significantly less risk" being a gas station employee. Over 60k LEOs were assaulted in 2020. We train multiple times a year, every year, on how not to get killed on duty. How not to get killed is like 40% of the academy. That's a major part of the job, and we go into every call doing what we can to minimize the risk of getting hurt/killed and it STILL happens often because it's often out of our hands.

Considering the number of patrol cops working their beats every day vs retail workers, I'd say it's pretty clear which is more dangerous overall.

It's like people loving to point out that "statistically" (depending on how you view the stats/elements) loggers have a more dangerous job, while ignoring that there are different kinds of danger. One person is worried that a piece of tree might fall on them or fly out of a mis-used machine, the other gets ambushed by people with guns and attacked by other humans intent on hurting or killing them.

Citation: FBI statistics https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...cers-assaulted-and-killed-in-the-line-of-duty
Also think about the injuries and hazards after retirement. Hip injuries, back and shoulder, neck and knees, all very common in first responders from all of the repetitive movements, fights, sitting in unnatural positions, lifting heavy people and items in awkward places, etc. I’m not sure about LEO, but in the fire and ems side of we are seeing young people with heart problems and adrenal fatigue requiring TRT rather quickly.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Was thinking that replacing the workers might be hard. I know a lot of places can't get people to work around here. Not sure how it is near these plants but I have a feeling it might not be too different.
One would not want to be a scab breaking a strike anyways.

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Also think about the injuries and hazards after retirement. Hip injuries, back and shoulder, neck and knees, all very common in first responders from all of the repetitive movements, fights, sitting in unnatural positions, lifting heavy people and items in awkward places, etc. I’m not sure about LEO, but in the fire and ems side of we are seeing young people with heart problems and adrenal fatigue requiring TRT rather quickly.
you're absolutely correct. I'm not in my mid 30s yet I've already had multiple broken bones, torn shoulder, a really nasty high ankle sprain from getting hit by a car, and lingering neck and back pain.

Good news is, I only have 21 more years until retirement lol

Sponsored

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
you're absolutely correct. I'm not in my mid 30s yet I've already had multiple broken bones, torn shoulder, a really nasty high ankle sprain from getting hit by a car, and lingering neck and back pain.

Good news is, I only have 21 more years until retirement lol
I feel you there brother. I'm 45 and my medical records look like they belong to somebody 75...

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
AS an interesting side conversation, Putin was a true believer in the Soviet Union. He's smart and ruthless and just because he hasn't officially returned Russia to Communism doesn't mean he doesn't dream of it. He's also a pragmatist. He's got goals of restoring as much of the former borders as he can. As for officially restoring the communist party and the rules of Communism? I don't think even he'd get away with that, but it doesn't mean he isn't trying to get as close to is as he can.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The UAW is concerned that as new vehicles are designed for automated production, it will take fewer and fewer workers to produce those goods.
The goal/purpose of business is not to employ people.

Status
Not open for further replies.