First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Drove around town today. A lot of stop and go and about 50 miles. These are the conditions that usually set off the CEL in the past. I can now say for certain the idle is much smoother than before the cam was replaced.

I’m guessing the cam was just enough out of spec to set off the CEL on occasion. Certainly JEEP wouldn’t have issued the bulletin and pay for the cam replacement unless it was required.

Somewhere, someone at Jeep knows what the problem was - serial numbers, production dates or something. In any case, fingers crossed to see what happens but I’m pretty convinced it’s fixed.
Sponsored

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Another day and no CEL. Idles like silk now. What a difference. Not that it matters much at this point but, was the cam profile the problem or indexing of the lobes?

Whatever the manufacturing “defect” of the camshaft was, it must have been minor - but enough to set off the occasional CEL.

I hope I feel the same relief a month from now….

User Banned

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Music Industry
We have a 2021 Gladiator Sport Max-Tow that we had built and took delivery in August 2021. Now, 7 months later, and it's sitting at the dealer because we got a flashing CEL and the following codes:
  • P0171
  • P0137
  • P0300
  • P2096
It's been there for almost 2 weeks now, and we knew the dealer is quite backed up in the service department, but they finally looked at it and determined that he engine was leaking oil from the head gasket and it was dripping on an O2 sensor causing the misfire. However, those other codes are showing a lean bank, and after reading some of these comments, it seems like the issue might be deeper?

The dealer gave us a loaner for the entire time they have it, but should I be pushing the dealer to look at or fix other things besides the leaky head gasket?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
P0300 is multiple cylinder misfires - I can see a soaked O2 sensor causing that as it's going to try to compensate for the faulty O2 reading by changing the mixture. Oil on the O2 could be the cause of the lean bank error. It THINKS it's lean.
I'd get the leak and O2 sensor fixed and go from there............ you can't fix all things at once, take care of one thing at a time.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
It’s gone as deep as replacing camshafts and lifters. They tend to fix the minor stuff first and see what happens. If problem still persists, FCA would have them move forward with other items. I didn’t have the camshaft replaced right away on mine but it was done with my second trip back for my misfires.

Sponsored

JTJared

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Welder
Build date: (will have to get back to you as it’s at the dealer but it is a 2022 gladiator sport s max tow)
Mileage when it first occurred: around 1160
How many times has it occurred: 4
What exact codes did it throw: p0300
Is the issue on going? Yes
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? First time k441 circuit was repaired for chafed cam angle sensor wire, second time nothing was done and opened a star case, 3rd time ethanol test was performed and came back clean, 4th time (currently) new spark plugs were ordered to be replaced even though there was no sign of bad spark plugs. Dealer states they don’t know what’s wrong this is just a guess
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Not yet

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I’m surprised they didn’t do a camshaft replacement. I’ll bet there’s a lengthy waiting list for those so they’re trying other repair attempts. You wouldn’t want them to take the top of your engine off only to have rags covering it and truck sitting outside waiting for the cam to some day show up like what happened with me last July for over over 40 days. This was mine sitting at the dealership…waiting….the air was thick with smoke blowing in from BC, rodents running around getting under the rags crapping in my engine.

The sign on the lot to explain why there was no vehicles that said “All new vehicles are safely inside”. …and my new vehicle sat outside.

Good luck.

2BC304F6-FB87-4B0F-ABCB-6C96F23DAFF5.jpeg

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I have just run into the same issue.

Ran like Crap in a rain storm yesterday. Engine Light was blinking on and off, thew 2 engine codes
P0300 and C2226
Today, I took it for a drive around the block and it was fine.

This is the 3rd weird issue I have had with this vehicle.

Other 2 were the 20A fuse blowing and I lost the connection from the brake pedal to my trailer brakes

and the P0563
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/p0563.55149/

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Build date: 072006
Mileage when it first occurred
: 1,902
How many times has it occurred: 3
What exact codes did it throw: P0305/Cleared Itself/P0305
Is the issue on going?
Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Dealer Check and Clear / Light Went Off / Scheduled for service to inspect and replace #5 coil pack / plug
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
N

Purchased Used - Feb 26, 2022

First code while driving home (heavy acceleration on ramp), but dealership was closed and 2 hours away.
Took to my local dealer Feb 28, 2022 - Code P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire - Code Cleared and road tested. No issues found. No mention of TSB 18-024-21 (Why is that such a secret?)

Second Incident - April 11, 2022 - Engine light flashing and violent vibration while under heavy acceleration on Interstate. Light went out and vibration abated after coasting a few seconds and reducing speed.

Third Incident - April 24, 2022 - Engine on and stayed on under moderate acceleration to obtain traffic speed from intersection stop.

I will take the vehicle to have the code checked again tomorrow and update this post accordingly.
I pray it can be remedied. I love the truck, but this is very concerning.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues PXL_20220310_174754540

Last edited:

Pglover91

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator sport s
Welp. Still an issue. ‘22 sport s with 1477 miles. Blinking CEL with what feels to be misfires. Towed to the dealer and should have more info tomorrow. Lovely.

Sponsored

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, thank God
I can happily report that 2 months after the right intake can was replaced - and more than 100 stop/starts and more than 2,000 miles - there are no more CEL or ASS faults.

In looking back the idle was lumpy which I had thought was “normal” before the can replacement. The idle is so smooth now, I can hardly tell if the engine is running.

That is not to say that if your Jeep has P0300 faults it needs a camshaft. There can be many causes as elaborated by many on this thread.

I guess what I’m saying is, diagnosing this problem needs to follow a logical process, which thankfully the dealers I worked with in Alabama and Florida did. It was frustrating and painful to go through but it has ended at least for me.

Hang in there guys, with a capable dealer technician, the problem can be fixed!

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sort S
Occupation
Security
Had a moment of silence for you thinking of your post and how this is tearing you apart…

The fix for P0300 is to replace the engine… “according to Chrysler”. …
There’s much to consider here and maybe some questions too.
If I were you, (and I did this one thing), go to the dealership your truck has been parked at for these 2 weeks and go straight to your truck and look under the hood. Take a photo of perhaps the top of the engine is missing with rags laying on top.

This will explain why it’s been 2 weeks with no explanation AND (in my case, I waited 50 days for my truck to get a camshaft replaced for my misfire and 50 days it sat in the parking lot with the top of the engine off only covered by rags) ….you’re waiting for a complete engine and maybe a chip or two is needed for that and it’s only been 2 weeks. ?? I’m feeling your pain dude. I hope the dealership gave have you a loaner to drive.

Mine did for the 50 days from Enterprise and it cost them $2200 cad.

The (from the factory floor) issue with mine is, I’ve got an internal coolant leak detected by my several oil analysts since 1000klms. The misfire happened at 16k klms. They replaced the injector first then it misfired again. They cited the cam as being valve damaged and replaced the cam. They REFUSED to address the coolant leak and possible connection to the misfire but for now the engine runs great for the last 4000 klms but it is consuming coolant.

I did interview the next dealership service manager and we are all watching the numbers on the internal coolant leak and lab results. I’ll be getting a new engine out of this too and a promised loaner vehicle once the coolant leak is more of a problem. Basically my engine needs to blow up or cease.

Let your dealership do their repair. If you feel they did not care for your vehicle as it was in their care or neglected to care for you, call FCA and build your file. GO sit down and interview other service managers and explain what’s happened and see if you’d receive the same
treatment or different. Interviewing Service Managers before you’re a customer puts some serious pressure on them to come to the table to keep you as a customer.
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues PXL_20220310_174754540
Yes the dealer gave me a loaner and it took them about 3.5 months to replace the motor. I am in the process of restoring my 2000 Wrangler and as soon as it is complete the Gladiator is history. Warranty is about up and I can't afford to drive a money pit.

tempImagectChPJ.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That is not to say that if your Jeep has P0300 faults it needs a camshaft. There can be many causes as elaborated by many on this thread.
If it was, then the shop snuck a new cam into my wife's Jeep.........and didn't tell anyone.

P0300 is misfire, multiple cylinders.
If there's a number at the end instead of the '0', it's the number of the cylinder where a misfire was detected.

Faults found.
P0303
Error code: P0303
Cylinder 3 ignition failures
Test not complete
Error intermittent
Error warning lamp not requested
CARB Freeze Frame:

Nocandoozy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build date: 12/21
Mileage when it first occurred: 982
How many times has it occurred: 5

What exact codes did it throw: P0300, P0401, P2100, C121C

Is the issue on going?
No

If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Dealership performed a TSB that fixed a throttle actuator issue, and I returned my Taser Mini for a new one.

Was the issue ever fully resolved?
Yes, so far. Currently at 6500 miles.

I started my Jeep ownership a bit rough. Fortunately, the dealership performed a TSB to fix some issues. Jeep drove great after that, then of course the P0300 came back a week later. The only other item I had that would mess with anything was a Taser Mini.

I hit up Taser, or Zautomotive, and they told me they recently had a bad batch of Taser's go out. The issue was the molding of the plastic would not allow a full connection. They replaced my Taser and so far, at 6500 miles I've had no CEL and no P0300. It's driving great. I've been wheeling every weekend and put about 1700 miles on the JT this last month alone between work and wheeling. It's been reliable with the stuff i've been doing with it off road.

08BA4D86-CBE5-411D-B17E-57461426ECCD.jpeg

Eeeckman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hey! Purchased my Mojave JT on Veterans Day, 2021. CEL came on within a month or so of city/highway/off-pavement and light (2Klb) trailer tow driving. The engine has developed a rough sound at all times but otherwise drives fine.
Mileage when it first occurred: 700 miles
How many times has it occurred: 20 or more
What exact codes did it throw: P300 and others
Is the issue on going? Yes
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Dealer read and reset the codes. CEL came back after a week or so. Dealer troubleshot and asked to keep it overnight. Needed more trouble shooting time so set up a new appointment. Changed 2 oxygen sensors, reset codes. CEL came back in a week or so, dealer verified P300 as main issue and set up a new appointment. Dealer found one of the catalytic converters running 30 degrees cooler. Dealer ordered and changed the cooler running catalytic converter and reset codes. CEL came back on after a week or two. Dealer verified P300 and set up a new appointment for 3rd week in June 2022.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N
Build date: 092220 DOM: 9-21
Sponsored