Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Graphic designer
Yes.
That's the short answer.

Otherwise, the first time in July, it was dinging and flashing, then stopped flashing and then after a second or two, set it solid.

This time, a couple of days ago, it was dinging a little, flashed the CEL, then finally set it solid after it flashed for a while. The CEL went away on its own after a couple of shutdowns and restarts over the next day. It's been fine since.
it's very specific - drive it enough miles to get everything 100% warmed up.
Stop for maybe a meal, or some quick shopping, come out after 15-30 minutes and start it again and it MAY misfire. The CEL will flash, it will ding, and the CEL will finally come back on and stay.
It bucks and jumps - but if I "give it some gas", take it off idle into the mid-teens as far as RPM, it settles down or if you wait, it may settle down.
It's only idle or very low RPM and light load after sitting a few minutes. It's as if something gets warm from being shut down without fans running.
In the old days I'd call that "heat soak" when coolant temperatures are likely to jump due to the hot spots of the engine putting heat into the coolant but the coolant not being cooled by moving or the fans. Temperatures would actually rise way over the normal 190-200 degrees in older cars and trucks- maybe into the 230 or higher range where if you had a bad radiator cap the coolant would boil AFTER you shut it down because no more heat was removed from the coolant but hot engine parts were still heating the coolant in the block and heads.
I don't drive mine everyday, so today it just sat. Tomorrow I have an errand to run so I’ll see if the CEL is still on. If it is I’ll bring it by the dealer for them to check and clear it. I’m keeping a running log on the previous incident and this one. I hate to have them rip into it when it’s running so well.
Sponsored

sosomething

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
Build date: 08/20/19
Mileage when it first occurred: 39,000
How many times has it occurred: Continuously
What exact codes did it throw: Didn't last long enough to code
Is the issue on going? YES
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Please see THIS THREAD where I shared the latest information from my local Jeep service center.

Was the issue ever fully resolved? No

My situation is no different than everybody else here, save for the fact that, because I bought it used with 39k miles, I have no idea when the problem actually started.

• Check engine light comes on about 90% of the time the truck is started.
  • Auto Start/Stop Unavailable warning comes on maybe 60% of the time it's started.
    • If you're quick with the button to disable the feature after starting the truck, there seems to be a better chance it doesn't bring up the error.
    • Sometimes when it does bring up the error, it's combined with a flashing CEL coupled with an extremely rough idle that feels like the truck is going to sputter/stall out. When this happens, it dings. Then the CEL goes to solid-on, then back to flashing, back and forth. Dinging every time.

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not the gas cap.

sosomething

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Not the gas cap.
Yeah, I'm guessing not.

The only odd thing is... this is just now showing up? Everybody else in this thread is hitting this issue after 200, 500, 1000 miles... My truck has 39k. And I've viewed the entire service history - it's never been in for this before. Seems mighty odd that it's only now developed the problem, and similarly odd that it's had it all along and the can has been kicked down the road to me with every oil change on record but not a single look into a rough idle or CEL.

My fingers and toes are crossed, but I'm expecting to be back here editing my post to describe the reappearance of the problem before too long.

Pglover91

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator sport s
Update: The jeep was initially returned a week later and the dealer said they were having trouble recreating the issue but could see misfire codes had been thrown.
Fast forward two months of intermittent CELs that would pop up and go away. I returned the jeep to the dealer a few days ago with a consistent CEL. Can see the misfire codes and the engine is now being taken apart. No telling what the issue is but very frustrating having had the car for 3 months and now in the shop for a third time with zero success.
Third times the charm? Who knows…should’ve stuck with a wrangler.
Well I haven’t posted in awhile but wanted to give everyone an update. P0300 errors started around 800 miles. I am now at 6k with several visits to the dealer. Interestingly enough, this is the first time the corporate engineers have acknowledged a wider issue from my experience and told the techs to no longer touch it until they can come up with a fix. Couldn’t give me a timeframe which is understandable but not sure what to take from this lol.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well I haven’t posted in awhile but wanted to give everyone an update. P0300 errors started around 800 miles. I am now at 6k with several visits to the dealer. Interestingly enough, this is the first time the corporate engineers have acknowledged a wider issue from my experience and told the techs to no longer touch it until they can come up with a fix. Couldn’t give me a timeframe which is understandable but not sure what to take from this lol.
If you count the JL, it has been 5 model years already with reoccurring misfire issues of some sort or another. Do not let your Lemon Law rights lapse waiting on any fix. Just something to keep in mind.

Pglover91

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator sport s
If you count the JL, it has been 5 model years already with reoccurring misfire issues of some sort or another. Do not let your Lemon Law rights lapse waiting on any fix. Just something to keep in mind.
Oy vey. Been trying to avoid that route. Was working with the dealer as the mediator on buy back and 2 months later they said it hadn’t been in enough. Wonder how much more difficult lemon would be or if this admission from them gives any more leverage?

sosomething

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
I was just told the same thing about a day ago by the authorized Jeep service center near me.

The advice from the service manager was, literally, "drive it 'till it blows up."

EDIT: After some discussion in the linked thread, the braintrust here is somewhat divided on whether this is helpful information or not.

Last edited:

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
For some reason the JL did not have these misfire issues like the JT does. I've been on the JL board since 2018 and had never heard of them until they started getting posted on here.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

Snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic designer
I got the same response from my dealer yesterday.

Snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic designer
Well it finally happened again, flashing CEL. We’re at 6700 miles now , the first time it happened was back in June at 2300 miles. Identical situation as the first incident. Drove the Jeep in the morning to and from church (very short distance, less than a mile.) decided to go to lunch, no issue, after lunch(approx 1 hour) Flashing CEL comes on briefly as we drive away from the restaurant. Truck never ran rough. Continued on to our second stop. wife stayed in the car so I left it running, then drove home. Decided to let it sit for awhile and see if the light would come on when I started it again. The CEL came on and stayed on when I drove it around the block. Never once ran rough. I’ll take it to the dealer and let them check the code, I’m sure it will be the same P0300.
Took the Truck to the dealer yesterday. They called me in the afternoon and basically said the vehicle is running fine (which it was other than the CEL coming on). They said that Jeep engineering is aware of the P0300 errors and is working to resolve it. They referenced a STAR case (See photo) and was told not to do any repairs. Service advisor stated that Jeep will issue a recall once a fix is found.
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 4BA07C24-9789-491D-A035-E26241F7B120

sosomething

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Took the Truck to the dealer yesterday. They called me in the afternoon and basically said the vehicle is running fine (which it was other than the CEL coming on). They said that Jeep engineering is aware of the P0300 errors and is working to resolve it. They referenced a STAR case (See photo) and was told not to do any repairs. Service advisor stated that Jeep will issue a recall once a fix is found.
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 4BA07C24-9789-491D-A035-E26241F7B120
This makes 3 of us who've been told the same exact thing by 3 different service centers in the last week.

I received a lot of skepticism in my other thread (which was 100% understandable) but I think we can consider this confirmed.

Snook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic designer
This makes 3 of us who've been told the same exact thing by 3 different service centers in the last week.

I received a lot of skepticism in my other thread (which was 100% understandable) but I think we can consider this confirmed.
Agreed.

Holy_Crap

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was told by my service advisor today that they are putting a new engine in my 2022 Mojave. Earlier he said the technician was working with Chrysler engineers and they wanted some tests with the equipment connected. I guess it didn't pass the tests... I just hope this resolves the problems so I can enjoy my new Jeep...
Sponsored