Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
The misfire numbers under normal driving - like you've got, aren't scary to me - those look similar to what my 2020 did, and aren't much different from my 2022 when it's working normally.

Numbers like this bug me, though. Maybe a real expert will pop in and say "stop being paranoid and learn how it works - that's normal" but for now, it seems weird.
MINUS long term, MINUS short term on one bank, positive numbers for both for the other.

1664390375800.png
I wanted to dive into the other parameters just like this (where the two banks are being monitored independently) and see how that looks as well. Once I spend more time with JSCan I'll start pulling up more. Is there a way to save the PIDS so that I don't have to keep opening each one that I want, each time that I open the app?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to save the PIDS so that I don't have to keep opening each one that I want, each time that I open the app?
Excellent question - I need to dig into that. If you find a way please let me know! My fingers don't work well with touch screens because of years of oil, grease, solvents, damage (lucky I still have them) and so on - and I have to keep tapping those boxes to make something finally happen so if there's a way to save any favorites like that, I'm all for it.

Information leads to solutions. That's in cars or IT or anything. The more we find out, the better off we, and FCA, are as far as a solution.
Not all shops are this way, but the ones closest to me actually listen and look when I go in with any detail or reports.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Excellent question - I need to dig into that. If you find a way please let me know! My fingers don't work well with touch screens because of years of oil, grease, solvents, damage (lucky I still have them) and so on - and I have to keep tapping those boxes to make something finally happen so if there's a way to save any favorites like that, I'm all for it.

Information leads to solutions. That's in cars or IT or anything. The more we find out, the better off we, and FCA, are as far as a solution.
Not all shops are this way, but the ones closest to me actually listen and look when I go in with any detail or reports.
Will do.

Again, short five mile drive back home, but I added fuel trims - and they were very consistent.

Even on two short drives, the odd side is rougher (very slightly). Not enough data to mean anything in the world, but again will keep screenshotting this as I go on longer trips...

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues Screenshot_20220928-165436_OBD JScan

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Will do.

Again, short five mile drive back home, but I added fuel trims - and they were very consistent.

Even on two short drives, the odd side is rougher (very slightly). Not enough data to mean anything in the world, but again will keep screenshotting this as I go on longer trips...

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues Screenshot_20220928-165436_OBD JScan

You may want to charge your phone this evening...............

Anyway, your fuel trims, both short and long, are a lot closer bank to bank than mine were.

bank 1 min -21 max 23
bank 2 min 99.22 max 99.22

HUH??
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 1664411550525

Daniel Nykon

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
retired teacher
Hi @DTrees, @oztek, @Minnie2011,

We are sincerely sorry to hear about these misfire issues that you have with your Jeep Gladiators! If you would like additional support while in service, please message us with your VIN, mileage, and dealer.

Hi @jwork435,

We have already been in communication in private messages. If you would like a case escalated, please let us know.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Ducked

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
So I have the dreaded p300 code issues as well. Have had the reflash done. Second dealership wouldn't do anything to fix it. I have a Case manager with fca and they are getting nowhere as well. I have 900 miles left on my warranty. Seems like I am just getting the run around so my warranty will expire and they don't have to do anything. Since getting it back from the 2nd shop it runs worse than before. Loud ticking and extremely rough idle. Feels like I'm sitting in my deisel truck. Not supposed to feel like that at all.
@JeepCares
Paying good money for a vehicle I can't drive or depend on. It went into limp mode at one time in 70 mph traffic on the interstate. Luckily was able to get pulled over and got have an accident

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have 900 miles left on my warranty. Seems like I am just getting the run around so my warranty will expire and they don't have to do anything.
That's not how it works. If a problem is reported, and there's record of it - they can't "wait it out".
To make SURE, get it all documented - track details, people/names, times, dates and more. Track invoice numbers (get PAPERWORK even if there was no charge).
Can't hurt to contact jeepcares here so there's record of it there as well and save all messages.
Nope, once it's reported as an issue during the warranty period, they can't wait it out. It's not how things work. Some may try, but all you gotta do is push back (and try another dealer)

Since getting it back from the 2nd shop it runs worse than before. Loud ticking and extremely rough idle. Feels like I'm sitting in my deisel truck.
Since you have a 2020, and the ticking - they need to check, physically look at, the cams and rockers/followers. 2020 had some cam issues that caused misfires and TICKING.
These are normally quiet engines - to the point that some get out forgetting to turn the thing off.

Ducked

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I have an appointment with a different shop so we shall see what happens. Thank u for the insight. Now if I can get them to listen to me. Some people think that they know it all

Ducked

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
That's not how it works. If a problem is reported, and there's record of it - they can't "wait it out".
To make SURE, get it all documented - track details, people/names, times, dates and more. Track invoice numbers (get PAPERWORK even if there was no charge).
Can't hurt to contact jeepcares here so there's record of it there as well and save all messages.
Nope, once it's reported as an issue during the warranty period, they can't wait it out. It's not how things work. Some may try, but all you gotta do is push back (and try another dealer)

Since you have a 2020, and the ticking - they need to check, physically look at, the cams and rockers/followers. 2020 had some cam issues that caused misfires and TICKING.
These are normally quiet engines - to the point that some get out forgetting to turn the thing off.

Another problem is a loaner while it is being worked on

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Another problem is a loaner while it is being worked on
Why are people stuck on the idea that they are due or owed a loaner?
It's a new concept that has come from somewhere - where, I don't know. There is only one dealership I have ever been to in my life that offered loaner vehicles under certain circumstances.
There's nothing anywhere that says we are due loaners for warranty work.

Besides, for the last couple of years, even rental agencies and businesses have been short on rental vehicles. Dealers have had to sell their vehicles just to survive, so there's nothing out there to loan. Car lots are nearly empty in many places. My son flies a lot for business and he's had trouble getting rental vehicles in some cases.

So, not only are we not owed loaners, even if we were or it was written somewhere - not all dealers would even have any, or have access to any to give out.

I've driven for 50 years, owned a lot of vehicles, and I've always had to work out my own situation. Maybe it's one reason I have always tried to have a second vehicle, even if it was a beater. I rely on me.

Vehicles break, they all can no matter the make or model. Some more than others, but because it's possible for the engine to blow even in the best of vehicles, always have a plan B.
If I HAD to go somewhere and my truck was in the shop and my wife had her Jeep out, worse comes to worse, I toss enough parts back in my Javelin to make it run again and drive it. (except in winter - I don't want that much torque and HP going to the wheels with the light ass-end on slick roads....... or if it's raining, the carbs would fill with rain water and she'd hydrolock with the stacks sticking up through the hood. Ok, bad idea, leave that car sitting unless it's nice and the sun is shining.)

Sponsored

Ducked

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
It's a new concept that has come from somewhere - where, I don't know. There is only one dealership I have ever been to in my life that offered loaner vehicles under certain circumstances.

Besides, for the last couple of years, even rental agencies and businesses have been short on rental vehicles. Dealers have had to sell their vehicles just to survive, so there's nothing out there to loan. Car lots are nearly empty in many places. My son flies a lot for business and he's had trouble getting rental vehicles in some cases.

So, not only are we not owed loaners, even if we were or it was written somewhere - not all dealers would even have any, or have access to any to give out.

I've driven for 50 years, owned a lot of vehicles, and I've always had to work out my own situation. Maybe it's one reason I have always tried to have a second vehicle, even if it was a beater. I rely on me.

Vehicles break, they all can no matter the make or model. Some more than others, but because it's possible for the engine to blow even in the best of vehicles, always have a plan B.
If I HAD to go somewhere and my truck was in the shop and my wife had her Jeep out, worse comes to worse, I toss enough parts back in my Javelin to make it run again and drive it. (except in winter - I don't want that much torque and HP going to the wheels with the light ass-end on slick roads....... or if it's raining, the carbs would fill with rain water and she'd hydrolock with the stacks sticking up through the hood. Ok, bad idea, leave that car sitting unless it's nice and the sun is shining.)
I don't like relying on anyone either. My issue is that they are giving me the runaround. I am paying good money for a broken vehicle that is NOT my fault it is a jeep issue that is a widespread problem being as they have a bulletin out on this. Warranty work qualifies for a loaner. They state this themselves

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder

I took my 2013 SS Camaro to the dealer once to have the AC looked at (compressor went out within the warranty period). The dealer gave me a ride back to work that morning and because they replaced compressor same day they sent someone back out to pick me up to get the car. They are also the biggest Corvette dealer in the state of Louisiana, so they may be pressing a little harder on customer service.

Anyway, loaners and other niceties are generally up to the dealer and how helpful they want to be. Be it nothing, a ride to work, or a car to drive. A fella in our local Jeep club had the engine go out on his 46 day old JLU. I think that dealer gave him a car off the used lot (or a new 'cheap Jeep') to drive for the time being. I forget exactly. But you're correct. Purely discretion on the dealers part...

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I don't like relying on anyone either. My issue is that they are giving me the runaround. I am paying good money for a broken vehicle that is NOT my fault it is a jeep issue that is a widespread problem being as they have a bulletin out on this. Warranty work qualifies for a loaner. They state this themselves
May be worthwhile to try a different dealer. They all act a little (or a lot) different.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi

In contrast, I've bought over 15 new vehicles through the years of different manufacture and mostly from different dealers. Every single dealer offered a loaner, even for a simple oil change. My wife gets a loaner from Alfa every time she needs service.

So, I think if you come from a different manufacturer, you may be accustomed to them providing a loaner without even asking.

Many of us also have more than one vehicle. But, sometimes the logistics of getting home to drive another vehicle is the issue. For those that do not have another vehicle, I can see a long term repair with no loaner as an issue. Many owners are paying their loan while also then having to pay for a rental. This can be hard to swallow when you bought a brand new vehicle.

sosomething

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant

Great post, really good guidance and advice. Thanks for this.

I have a 2020 and I've got the ticking too. It's persistent as well.

Sounds like I need to get it into a service center to get the issue on file, at the very least, and have the cams checked.
Sponsored