Survey- For those with misfire issues

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hopefully a solution for all of you who have been waiting, and us 9/19-2/20 build dates that could potentially have the issue in the future.
Sponsored

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
i just hung up from my dealer service manager. She reported that software update For this problem is now available and was installed. Gladiator will be test driven tomorrow to verify the fix. I will update this thread
once I hear back tommorrow.
All hopes hinges on this update to be fixing the real problem rather than opening up the entire engine. Fingers crossed for you!

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Dtrees,

How did you initiate FCA buyback? Did Jeepcares offer? Did you assert a Lemon Law claim? My selling dealer suggested they might trade my vehicle, but I have a lease and am not sure that will work because I certainly do not want to pay more $$ for a problem I did not cause.
SJK - Everything's been handled through FCA, although not complete yet. I had to escalate within FCA, which in itself is somewhat challenging. Dealership also escalated to the FCA regional POC, which helped. I didn't need to assert Lemon Law due to the issues, but would have if necessary. It definitely meets the criteria in the state of MN. I initially offered to work through the dealership for a swap, but numbers were not working out (i.e. I wasn't willing to throw anymore $'s on the deal). PM if you want more specifics. Good luck to you!

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
Jeepcare is usless! There voicemail box is full! What a joke!

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Creative Director
Seems to be a few people on here that have stated there's an available software update to fix the recurring 0300 misfire problem. To those who have had the update performed-Has it helped?

Sponsored

speedracer0481

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (lemon law), 2021 JTR (on order!), 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
i just hung up from my dealer service manager. She reported that software update For this problem is now available and was installed. Gladiator will be test driven tomorrow to verify the fix. I will update this thread
once I hear back tommorrow.
No luck for me. My dealer ran the software update today. The code came back.

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it does help some. Keep us posted

speedracer0481

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (lemon law), 2021 JTR (on order!), 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
Sorry to hear that. Will you pursue buyback through lemon law?
Not yet. This all just started for me. I only have 380 miles on the thing. This thread did help though. Iā€™m definitely keeping my ducks in order in case we canā€™t successfully get this thing repaired.

JayHop

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director
Not yet. This all just started for me. I only have 380 miles on the thing. This thread did help though. Iā€™m definitely keeping my ducks in order in case we canā€™t successfully get this thing repaired.
Best of luck to you. It is a really fun vehicle, and I would really be surprised if FCA can't come up with a solution that fixes this for all of us affected.

Sponsored

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I just heard from the Service Manager at my dealer today who said they did the software update and test drove and no CEL. He says FCA says this software is the fix. Heā€™s going to have it test driven again tomorrow to make sure it is fixed and then Iā€™ll pick it up. Weā€˜ll see how it goes.

Minnie2011

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accounting
I just heard from the Service Manager at my dealer today who said they did the software update and test drove and no CEL. He says FCA says this software is the fix. Heā€™s going to have it test driven again tomorrow to make sure it is fixed and then Iā€™ll pick it up. Weā€˜ll see how it goes.
Just talked with service manager. They updated software yesterday and the update appears to have worked. I am picking it up in the morning. On one hand, I am very excited. On the other, a bit more cautiously optimistic. I certainly hope this works!

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully it does help some. Keep us posted
No luck for me. My dealer ran the software update today. The code came back.
I just picked up my Gladiator. Made it home with no CEL or ESS error messages.. Repair invoice stated the update was to Part 68433756AK from Part 68433756AI. My fingers are crossed that the problem is fixed because I love my Rubicon.