Sponsored

Survey- For those with misfire issues

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have yet to see a positive fix from anyone having this issue.. my Gladiator has been at the dealership since june 4th...no progress at all just removing and replacing random parts and components. I've been dealing with a p0300 misfire since December. Jeep and their engineers couldn't fix a bowl of cereal.
Sponsored

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
Latest update. I’ve been driving the Gladiator for just under a week now and have not had further issues. However, that week equates to about 100 miles, so there may not have been time for things to materialize quite yet. We’ll see. I’ve posted the work sheet from the service department which shows some pretty hefty part replacement.

5038BA54-67C7-41EE-AC62-E8DA5F2C4F66.jpeg
So I have a follow up question for those that are having this issue;

how many people have never had any symptoms associated with the CEL random misfire problem?

has anyone had the dealer service center actually provide a fix?

thanks
I'm supposed to pick mine up today, they have replaced the #2/4/6 cylinder head, cam shaft, rocker arm and rockers, timing censor, intake, and coils. Ill let ya know if it's fixed when i get it back and drive it a few days...

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Update.

Finally spoke with a humane service advisor yesterday. Who tried to explain that no one knows how to fix problem yet and they opened their own case with FCA that is sending a field engineer out but they don’t have solution yet either. I Then called the financing bank to verify they have not finalized the contract and would cancel it if that’s what I wanted. I then fought with sales for 6 hours calling them out on their lies saying they already had title to my trade in and it’s sold all ready (even though it was still in the back). Then they tried to give me a different gladiator of same value for $7,500 more or I would have to deal with FCA on misfiring gladiator. I had to call the bank back on speaker in front of finance manager for her to stop lying, after several more knife fights over blatant lies they finally offered another gladiator of same value at the original price I agreed to for the original jt that started misfiring at 50 some miles one day after I drove off the lot. Hopefully I’ll be one of the lucky ones and have no issues with new jt.

I Absolutely will never walk into another Autonation dealer unless I have to take a $hi+. I also understand this problem stems from FCA but I was lucky enough to have a great financing bank that gave the dealer a great opportunity to make it right and put me in a vehicle without issues (presumably) without any loss to them or me other than our time given I only put around 15 miles on misfiring jt and the FCA will be compensating the dealer for it . They chose to use this opportunity to try a shaft me for more money and tried to refuse releasing my trade in back to me. when I would not accept said shaft even though they knew it was not their right given the fact my bank had not closed existing contract in my name on the trade in, or finalized contract on the misfiring jt.

Never in my life have I seen adults blatantly lie and not skip a beat moving on to the next lie when they are busted like the worms in Autonation Katy’s finance department.

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to check the build date in the door. The newer the build date the better chances you have. I was surprised to see one for 2/20 with problems.

Sponsored

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly why i refused an engine tear down when FCA told my dealer this was the next step. I dont trust the "technicians" at dealerships to tear down and put my engine back to the same quality it was assembled from the factory. Dealer technicians, in my opinion, know squat compaired to old mechanics. If ther is not exact code thrown then they have no ideas how to go about getting to the bottom of the issue at hand. This is why all these dealers are scratching their heads to the P0300 multiple cylinder misfire code. It too vague and they dont have a clue how to remedy it.
Our first one had a build date of 7/19. Went thru all the same fixes. Out of service 52 days in 4 months. There was serious damage to the cam shaft (broken) after the CEL was on and started blinking. Had to leave it mid-trip 300 miles from home for 30 days. The dealers are fixing what FCA tells them to fix. Our dealers have been very competent but FCA waited a long time to try to fix this problem,. We traded the first Gladiator Overland and bought a new one and have not had any problems with the new one build date 4/20. I hope I did not just jinx it.

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Our first one had a build date of 7/19. Went thru all the same fixes. Out of service 52 days in 4 months. There was serious damage to the cam shaft (broken) after the CEL was on and started blinking. Had to leave it mid-trip 300 miles from home for 30 days. The dealers are fixing what FCA tells them to fix. Our dealers have been very competent but FCA waited a long time to try to fix this problem,. We traded the first Gladiator Overland and bought a new one and have not had any problems with the new one build date 4/20. I hope I did not just jinx it.
Oh, you SO just jinxed it... :LOL:

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
I just got a text from our dealer and a Jeep engineer was there the last two days looking at mine. He was told their Software attempt should be out mid to late July. The engineer was just gathering info and analyzing the cause.

Tracey8337

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Insurance agent
My build date is 2/20
Got the cel at 500 miles dealer cleared it could not replicate 3 days at dealer. Got cel at 2400 miles they cleared did relearn crank and cam per star cleaned ocv 5 times on each valve then reset. Got it back less than 2 days no more 50 miles I did a remote start and it started then stopped. Manually started and the cel is on again it is also running noisy. Back to dealer Monday. They have started a star case. First Jeep I was so excited. Hubby now calls it my little lemon. He drives a 3500. I had started putting on AM but stopped as I am thinking it may lemon then I have to pull it all off.

OrangeGlad2020

First Name
Darian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Wrangler 2Sport 2dr
Greetings all, having the same issue with my JT. I have a build date of 10/19. Started getting the intermittent EES lights/malfunctions at about 2k miles. I would restart the truck and it would go away. As of late it I have gotten the CEL P0300 code. Headed to the dealer to start down the same disappointing path as so many of you. I really appreciated this forum and all of you posting your experiences to help inform your fellow JT owners, THANK YOU! I thought (first mistake) since the 3.6 was such a good engine and used on many FCS platforms and the JL had been out awhile most large-scale issues would have been resolved. One buys new vehicles to avoid service/dealership visits. THANKS AGAIN ALL and to GlacierGladiator for kicking this thread off.

Build date: 10/19
Mileage when it first occurred: Approx. 2500
How many times has it occurred: Started with many EES lights, engine restart fixed it (to find out only temporarily)
What exact codes did it throw: P0300
Is the issue on going? Yes, now CEL and occasional slight rough idle.
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Waiting to see if there was a software update to avoid unproductive dealerships visits and potential (let’s say) deceptive trade practices.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? No, ongoing and will update.

Sponsored

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
Well here is the update on mine. I got it back Friday and the combined two trips to the dealer they had it a total of 26 days. They replaced the #2/4/6 side cylinder head, cam shaft, cam censor, rocker arm, rockers, intake, and coils. I've driven it a couple hundred miles and it seems to be fixed and is running well. Ill keep you all posted if i have any other problems. I am meeting with the Chrysler rep tomorrow and will be demandi g an extended warranty on the drive terrain.

Devildog

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2017 Rubicon Recon and 19 Corvette and a 03 Corvette
Occupation
Chemical Worker
If you have had the CEL light come on with misfire codes, please respond to this thread.
Build date:
Mileage when it first occurred:
How many times has it occurred:
What exact codes did it throw:
Is the issue on going? Y/N
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N

I'm just curious how many of us are dealing with the same issue and how much of a problem it truly is. I know for a fact that on my build date that 10 other JT's failed final inspection for the same misfire issue so I know there are plenty out there based off of this alone.
Mine just came on
Build date 1/20
1750 miles
Code P0300
It’s Sunday so can’t get to my dealer tell this week

ps Haven’t made first payment yet
Aggravated is understatement there FCA

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
My build date is 1/20. Purchased May 14. I am on my third CEL today. Jeep Cares and dealer claim software Fix is coming soon. Hope it works.

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Mine has been at the dealership since June 4th for a P0300 repeat issue. JUNE 4TH!!
Sponsored