First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
I just bought a new 2020 Gladiator and at 250 miles i had check engine light and the start/stop system service light come on along with rough idle. After a week at the dealer they said it had a multi cylinder misfire on 2/4/6 and they ended up replacing the head. I got it back and less then 100 more miles same problem. It's now been at the dealer for another 2 weeks and has had new CO censors installed and they are currently replacing the rockers and rocker shafts. They have until the 13th to repair it at which point it becomes a Lemon Law buy back. They have not mentioned anything about it being a software issue.
Know your build date by chance? Sorry youā€™re having to work through this man.
Sponsored

gmhkred

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Add me to the list. Bought my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon yesterday. It was a Demo with 5000 miles. On way home was at a stop sign and as I started off it felt like some one ran into me. Next morning on the way to work had to stop for a light. As I started to go there was a violent shake and the A! light came on. It's at the dealer now.

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
Add me to the list. Bought my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon yesterday. It was a Demo with 5000 miles. On way home was at a stop sign and as I started off it felt like some one ran into me. Next morning on the way to work had to stop for a light. As I started to go there was a violent shake and the A! light came on. It's at the dealer now.
So sorry to hear you are going through this as well.

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Latest update. Iā€™ve been driving the Gladiator for just under a week now and have not had further issues. However, that week equates to about 100 miles, so there may not have been time for things to materialize quite yet. Weā€™ll see. Iā€™ve posted the work sheet from the service department which shows some pretty hefty part replacement.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 5038BA54-67C7-41EE-AC62-E8DA5F2C4F66

Sponsored

lewishouse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow
So I did a little test this week. I cleared the codes and made sure the AC was not running and didn't put it into gear until the idle came down to normal. The code has not returned all week. Next I will try having the AC on but let the idle come before driving down to see what happens. If that's good I'll keep the AC off and drive before the idle comes down.

Deleted member 31576

If you have had the CEL light come on with misfire codes, please respond to this thread.
Build date:
Mileage when it first occurred:
How many times has it occurred:
What exact codes did it throw:
Is the issue on going? Y/N
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Y/N

I'm just curious how many of us are dealing with the same issue and how much of a problem it truly is. I know for a fact that on my build date that 10 other JT's failed final inspection for the same misfire issue so I know there are plenty out there based off of this alone.
Build Date: 09/19
Mileage: 846
First time this has occurred. Occurred when I accelerated into traffic. Vehicle has run rough on startup but not all the time.
Appointment made with dealership for tomorrow.

I wish I wouldā€™ve read this information prior to my purchase. I have never owned a Jeep. I retired and thought I would buy my wife a car she wanted. She picked out the Jeep. I wish I wouldā€™ve researched more.

I was so excited for her and I actually like the truck myself. In fact we were getting ready to have tires put on tomorrow. Now it will be a trip to the dealership.

Very deflating to see all the stories and all the things that people are going through.

Question, is it safe to reset the code and wait for a software update???

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnie2011

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Accounting
First time this has occurred. Occurred when I accelerated into traffic. Vehicle has run rough on startup but not all the time.

I wish I wouldā€™ve read this information prior to my purchase. I have never owned a Jeep. I retired and thought I would buy my wife a car she wanted. She picked out the Jeep. I wish I wouldā€™ve researched more.

I was so excited for her and I actually like the truck myself. In fact we were getting ready to have tires put on tomorrow. Now it will be a trip to the dealership.

Very deflating to see all the stories and all the things that people are going through.

Hi, I think it depends. My dealer did not release mine back to me (on the second visit) due to multiple misfires on cylinders 2, 4 and 6. I think others have been released to their owners. I would take it in to verify the problem and then follow their guidance.

Also, some dealers may not be aware of this problem and have just reset the code and released it back to the owner. This actually happened in my case (on the first visit) and the CEL light came back on the same day that I picked it up. I took it back in, they diagnosed the issue, and kept the vehicle awaiting instructions from FCA. The dealer also indicated mine was the first one they had encountered with this issue. Subsequently they have had at least one more come in with the same problem. Good luck!

Last edited:

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR

Mine was released to me the 3 times I went in because I only got the random misfire code and never a specific cylinder code. Tech said that code could mean a host of things and they couldnā€™t replicate the light. Going in to have it documented is probably best. But after 3 resets Iā€™m going to reset it myself until I get a more specific code. Each time I lost the truck for a day or 2 just to have the code reset.

Deleted member 31576

Mine was released to me the 3 times I went in because I only got the random misfire code and never a specific cylinder code. Tech said that code could mean a host of things and they couldnā€™t replicate the light. Going in to have it documented is probably best. But after 3 resets Iā€™m going to reset it myself until I get a more specific code. Each time I lost the truck for a day or 2 just to have the code reset.
Thanks. Since the truck is brand new I will take it in tomorrow.

Sponsored

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thanks. Since the truck is brand new I will take it in tomorrow.
Hope they figure it out quick for ya Gunny. They really are cool trucks and fun to drive!!!

Deleted member 31576

Hope they figure it out quick for ya Gunny. They really are cool trucks and fun to drive!!!
Thanks - it seems like there isnā€™t a fix. Iā€™m hoping they tell me something because I was suppose to get my tires on today.

Deleted member 31576

So I have a follow up question for those that are having this issue;

how many people have never had any symptoms associated with the CEL random misfire problem?

has anyone had the dealer service center actually provide a fix?

thanks

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland

how many people have never had any symptoms associated with the CEL random misfire problem?

thanks
Never, not one issue and currently at 11,000 miles

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

thanks
Hi there,
we were able to follow up with your private message. Please continue to work with us there for further assistance.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored