Survey- For those with misfire issues

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
A: I love the idea of adding a couple hundred horsepower to my JT...
B: That's the problem, though. If it is a cam phaser issue, Jeep should be broadcasting that to the service centers via a bulletin. That's not happening. If it's some other software related issue, Jeep should be sending out a bulletin that tells service centers the release schedule for an update, and to not throw parts at vehicles exhibiting this problem. That's not happening. At my dealership, they are still wanting to tear into the engine - and that's not okay by me, and shouldn't be okay to FCA. And unlike some, I'm not going to drive around on a CEL because it's under warranty on the hopes everything just works out okay and if not, well shucks they can replace the engine later. No thanks - it's not how this is supposed to work.
Sponsored

Codemodlife

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabercator
Just wanted to post up a quick update. Dealer replaced the PCM, software update and then calibrated the brake position sensor. Thus far no problems for a week.

Stark25

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 overland
Occupation
Electrician supervisor
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues C8BD88F1-8F5C-46C6-A806-CA533AA89111

Let the games begin! damn dealer won’t take Jeep back even though the bank still hasn’t finalized the loan. Only had this pos in my driveway for less than 48 hours :mad:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
You shouldn't have to but I would have them reflash the PCM and then get it out on the interstate and run it hard for about 45 minutes. It will probably work until fca comes up with a fix

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues C8BD88F1-8F5C-46C6-A806-CA533AA89111

Let the games begin! damn dealer won’t take Jeep back even though the bank still hasn’t finalized the loan. Only had this pos in my driveway for less than 48 hours :mad:
Drive it like you own it! Sorry to say but it sounds like at this point you own it. I say keep driving it. Have the dealer keep clearing the code. It will either fix itself at some point or FCA will eventually come out with a fix. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with it.

Sponsored

Stark25

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 overland
Occupation
Electrician supervisor
Complete educated guess, but the issue causes the engine to start pulling timing. And the act of pulling the timing, then creates an actual problem, now the timing is off, the shifting is off, and the fueling is off. That is my guess as to how your JT progressed to shaking.

I am not sure if the dealer can clear the adaptive Learning. If you could get the latest software and then drive it for a bit like it owes you money, it may drive good for a while as long as there is not some real Mechanical issue like phazers, rockers or lifters.
Drive it like you own it! Sorry to say but it sounds like at this point you own it. I say keep driving it. Have the dealer keep clearing the code. It will either fix itself at some point or FCA will eventually come out with a fix. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with it.

I don’t disagree with you, but it does actually start misfiring on acceleration. They won’t “release“ it for me to drive until they can get it to stop misfiring but on the other hand I was persistent enough that I wasn’t driving a damn car until they finish molesting my Jeep. Swapped the car out for a loaner rebel. That on the other hand I will drive like I stol.... I mean own it:devil:

Gladiator Rube

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Owner
Hmm. if FCA is so sure that they have a software update coming then why don;t they send out the service bulletin to all their dealers.? Mine is still in the shop after the second drop off at the dealer.
Ok brought the JT in for round two and finally the FCA contacted them. The dealer said there is another one in his shop for the same thing and at this time all they are doing is resetting the code until FCA comes out with a fix.. I was driving off the dealer lot and I got the start/stop A@! light error again. I just pulled over and restarted the vehicle and it turned off.

We'll see how long it lasts until I have to bring it in for Round 3.

Like I said this vehicle has a really nice $59,000 compass and radio, too bad its primary function doesn't work.

Tracey8337

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Insurance agent
I bought mine so I would have “reliable” vehicle to tow my run around 2 horse trailer. I didn’t even have 500 miles on it when I got the auto stop start then check engine light. Took it to dealership and the removed the code and couldn’t get it to replicate after 30 miles and 3 days. Had no problem till this weekend I decided to install my hothead liners took off top. Drove it around as first time topless . Bingo it happens again only this time it drives awful after I start it from putting on top then the next time I start it check engine light . I have had auto stop start not work on and off since first visit. But this is really annoying. I do not want to be stranded on the side of the road with a trailer horse and dog. Not my idea of reliable which was why I bought a new vehicle. Not happy especially with hubby telling me I bought a lemon. Hopefully FCA will make lemonade and get us all fixed

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
I bought mine so I would have “reliable” vehicle to tow my run around 2 horse trailer. I didn’t even have 500 miles on it when I got the auto stop start then check engine light. Took it to dealership and the removed the code and couldn’t get it to replicate after 30 miles and 3 days. Had no problem till this weekend I decided to install my hothead liners took off top. Drove it around as first time topless . Bingo it happens again only this time it drives awful after I start it from putting on top then the next time I start it check engine light . I have had auto stop start not work on and off since first visit. But this is really annoying. I do not want to be stranded on the side of the road with a trailer horse and dog. Not my idea of reliable which was why I bought a new vehicle. Not happy especially with hubby telling me I bought a lemon. Hopefully FCA will make lemonade and get us all fixed
What’s the build date? Seems to be like October 2019-January 2020 from what I’ve seen on here

Sponsored

Tracey8337

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Insurance agent
What’s the build date? Seems to be like October 2019-January 2020 from what I’ve seen on here
I’m not sure it is the sport s max tow. It is currently at house waiting to go to dealer I am in the hoe at the horse barn. I will check and let you know

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I got mine back last Friday after an email to the CEO of the dealership about my concerns. As of this moment, no recurrences of the CEL or the ESS fail. The dealership replaced the left side cam, the #6 following arm, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll see about posting the work sheet when I get home for the specifics. So, now I'm in the land of doubtful, yet cautious optimism. My only remaining concerns surround any lost value to my Jeep with all the work done to it, and the constant staring at where the CEL is on the console waiting for it to show up again...

Warlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I got mine back last Friday after an email to the CEO of the dealership about my concerns. As of this moment, no recurrences of the CEL or the ESS fail. The dealership replaced the left side cam, the #6 following arm, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll see about posting the work sheet when I get home for the specifics. So, now I'm in the land of doubtful, yet cautious optimism. My only remaining concerns surround any lost value to my Jeep with all the work done to it, and the constant staring at where the CEL is on the console waiting for it to show up again...
THank you, Yes please when you get a chance please post the work sheet with the specifics. Took mine last monday to the dealer and last friday they told me basically the same thing that Jeep recommended to replace the left side engine block cover and couple lifters. Still waiting.

Thanks,

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
We are contemplating when, if ever, I get my JT back, putting a 5.7 hemi I it. It comes with modified wiring harness and beefier transmission. That might solve some problems and restore some trust in the truck. Any of you heard of someone doing this? This week will be 30 days at the dealership.

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
THank you, Yes please when you get a chance please post the work sheet with the specifics. Took mine last monday to the dealer and last friday they told me basically the same thing that Jeep recommended to replace the left side engine block cover and couple lifters. Still waiting.

Thanks,
On the 2nd attempt to fix my JT, the FCA Engineers replaced VVL solenoids on both banks along with rockers and lash adjusters on cylinders 5/6. Additionally they replace both CAM phasers that set the codes along with the OCV for those phasers installed. Zero success. Was back in the shop 2 days later. As I shared on an earlier thread, they are now replacing the complete engine. 55 days of ownership with less than 300 miles. Shop has the vehicle going on 33 days and counting.
Sponsored