Survey- For those with misfire issues

black_gladiator_TX

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Finally picked up my Jeep today after almost 10 weeks in service. Attaching the service docs but in summary they replaced the engine after trying to adjust the valves. Will report back in a few weeks unless I get the A! or CEL anytime sooner.

Attachments

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Wow! It’s been a while since I’ve been on this thread. I can’t believe this is still going on. I have about 3500 miles on Gladiator #2. No problems yet with this one. I’ve had it down at the Outer Banks twice on the off road beach. We just got back from OBX today been there for 3 days. I see a lot of Glads on the road. Whenever someone says they like my truck I tell them my story along with some of the other nightmares I’ve read on here and tell them to hold off a couple of years.

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
As I write this my Gladiator has 4,100 miles and has not set an ESS or CEL in almost 1,000 miles (previously 20+ faults) mostly after a start/restart.

I only use top tier, premium fuel and the weather is colder now - no A/C. Maybe that's part of it?

I took it to the dealer for an oil change, they ordered a steering gear and refreshed the PCM per 20-053-2020. I find no difference in drivability except the shift points seem to be higher.

As with any modern vehicle, there are mechanical problems and electrical/electronic ones. In my case I believe it's a voltage/programming issue.

The service advisor - a great guy - said that battery voltage, especially the auxiliary causes problems. My Jeep sat on the lot for more than 8 months before I took delivery so, this could be part of the problem.

Yes, I'm sure there are mechanical problems out there - cams, lifters, etc. but, my suspicion is that most of the problems "we" are having is likely due to programming and supply voltage.

Am I wrong?

Sponsored

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Sigh...thank you. I’m so ready to get it gone and not look back.
So, since you are doing just a buyback, I think it is 3-4 weeks. I pick up my swap today. Exactly 3 months since my original glad went in the shop for the 3rd time. The real tragedy in this is both vehicles have been sitting at the dealership for the last 2 and a half weeks while FCA was getting their shit together.

Let's all hope my '21 is better than the truck I have owned for 4 months and possessed for 15 days.

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
How many misfires are to many? This is from a 6.5 mile trip up to the store. The numbers were a little lower on the return trip. This is after the flash and replacing parts. I have not gotten a CEL or ESS light since the update but I have had times I would feel a stumble. Decided to log and see what I got.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 1605892075355

big0729

First Name
Joe Gags
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
VP
'21 Mojave....beautiful day in the northeast, took the panels off. Hit the highway, engine was stuttering no power and engine light came on. Dropped off at dealer and misfire in cylinder 3, needed to leave it there and wait to hear back on monday. Wtf....$61k ordered from factory and engine issues after 1,300 miles????

So sad.....

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
'21 Mojave....beautiful day in the northeast, took the panels off. Hit the highway, engine was stuttering no power and engine light came on. Dropped off at dealer and misfire in cylinder 3, needed to leave it there and wait to hear back on monday. Wtf....$61k ordered from factory and engine issues after 1,300 miles????

So sad.....
I think this is the first '21 with misfire issues that have posted here. I would have thought this issue would have been resolved when '21's went into production. Guess not! FCA is just cranking them out with a give no shit attitude it seems.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
I think this is the first '21 with misfire issues that have posted here. I would have thought this issue would have been resolved when '21's went into production. Guess not! FCA is just cranking them out with a give no shit attitude it seems.
I believe we have seen a couple production dates in July and August. I finally got my swap done Friday and am scared to death to install all the Items I have been waiting to put on it.

The new vehicle excitement and all that has been sucked out of me after going 3 whole months in the shop. This is what I found when I went to remove my headlight Guevara from the '20 overland.

20201120_140408.jpg

Sponsored

ebayy

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Had my check engine light come on and took it to the dealer (3rd time for the same issue) they tried to clear it and give it back to me again when I told them that clearing it and driving 5 miles and saying its fixed is not a fix. After I said that they decided to contact FCA and have now put some sort of monitoring device to see what is causing the problem. I told them to drive it more and it will come back on its own. They told me that they drove it 30 miles and did not see the problem. I know they are lying about the 30 miles part since it has only had 10 miles put on it when checking my Uconnect app. Started to contact jeep cares last week, I am thinking to start a case for lemon law.

RKB3

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build date: 01/20
Mileage when it first occurred:780
How many times has it occurred:2
What exact codes did it throw:A! Followed by CEL (p0300)
Is the issue on going? Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? First dealership attempt to fix was cam shaft relearn
Was the issue ever fully resolved? N

Hello All-
My 2020 JTR first experienced p0300 at 780 miles. First attempt by the dealer to fix was the cam shaft position relearn. As to be expected the CEL came back on about 100 miles later. My second trip to the dealership is scheduled for Monday morning. Can anyone give me advice on what to tell/ask the dealership at my next visit? I’d like to try to avoid the TSB followed by another CEL followed by a top end rebuild and so on. Should I request a STAR case opened this early on? Or get FCA/Jeep cares involved? Or should I wait for the third CEL? I’m in California, the lemon law here is 30days or 4 attempts to fix.
I’d really like to expedite the process to a new engine or replacement vehicle. I’d very much appreciate advice from anyone that is/has gone through this process.
Thank you!

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Build date: 01/20
Mileage when it first occurred:780
How many times has it occurred:2
What exact codes did it throw:A! Followed by CEL (p0300)
Is the issue on going? Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? First dealership attempt to fix was cam shaft relearn
Was the issue ever fully resolved? N

Hello All-
My 2020 JTR first experienced p0300 at 780 miles. First attempt by the dealer to fix was the cam shaft position relearn. As to be expected the CEL came back on about 100 miles later. My second trip to the dealership is scheduled for Monday morning. Can anyone give me advice on what to tell/ask the dealership at my next visit? I’d like to try to avoid the TSB followed by another CEL followed by a top end rebuild and so on. Should I request a STAR case opened this early on? Or get FCA/Jeep cares involved? Or should I wait for the third CEL? I’m in California, the lemon law here is 30days or 4 attempts to fix.
I’d really like to expedite the process to a new engine or replacement vehicle. I’d very much appreciate advice from anyone that is/has gone through this process.
Thank you!
You need to get the latest software update and see what happens next. It works for some and not others. Honestly you don't get to dictate how the dealer moves forward with the process. The dealer must follow what FCA and star tell them to do. You are just along for the ride. You can get Jeep cares involved but honestly it will change nothing.
Good luck and hope the update fixes the problem.

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
You need to get the latest software update and see what happens next. It works for some and not others. Honestly you don't get to dictate how the dealer moves forward with the process. The dealer must follow what FCA and star tell them to do. You are just along for the ride. You can get Jeep cares involved but honestly it will change nothing.
Good luck and hope the update fixes the problem.
I agree with Glacier. I recorded over 20 CEL/ESS warnings/missfire faults in 4,000 miles. Right or wrong, I cleared the codes and never took it back to the dealer until recently for the software update and an oil change.

My Glad sat on the dealer's lot for almost 9 months before I took delivery and I think auxillary battery voltage was part of the problem.

Mine always ran well and got great mileage on long trips. Rough idle was a rare occurrence and no abnormal noises.

A new vehicle should not have these faults - I agree. But sometimes, putting on some mileage and getting everything broken-in sorts things out.

If the vehicle is running well, idles smoothly, no unusual noises, getting decent mileage, get the software update and put some miles on it.

It may not work for you but it did for me...

Sportyrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, TJ wrangler
How many misfires are to many? This is from a 6.5 mile trip up to the store. The numbers were a little lower on the return trip. This is after the flash and replacing parts. I have not gotten a CEL or ESS light since the update but I have had times I would feel a stumble. Decided to log and see what I got.

1605892075355.png
Here is mine in a 1.7 mile run with a warm engine

IMG_1451.PNG
Sponsored