Sponsored

Suspension/Lift for 35's with emphasis for On-Road manners.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
"Proper springs"....Im a big fan of OME, has anyone heard any scuttlebutt of them coming out with a JT suspension?
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
"Proper springs"....Im a big fan of OME, has anyone heard any scuttlebutt of them coming out with a JT suspension?
Yes OME make some great springs. Another great spring is the TeraFlex Outback springs, great on overland vehicles. If you add just springs or spacers as some suggest, you are going to throw off your alignment specs and you'll find it difficult if not impossible to get a proper alignment. Kits that come with new arms take into the account of the lift to get things back to "close". A kit that has all 8 arms being adjustable make it possible to get your alignment where it should be.

TeraFlex has their Alpine kit for the JT if you have close to $3K to spend. It's a proper kit with all 8 control arms being adjustable which you need for proper alignment.

Again as so many people have said before, do it right or wait until you can afford to. You'll be happier and will have a safe rig.

StinggrayJT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S Max Tow with bushwacker flat fenders, 35's and NO lift. Have since switched to Rubi take off wheels so im not throwing road debri onto the jeep so much. Rides almost stock

Jeep Gladiator Suspension/Lift for 35's with emphasis for On-Road manners. F2

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S Max Tow with bushwacker flat fenders, 35's and NO lift. Have since switched to Rubi take off wheels so im not throwing road debri onto the jeep so much. Rides almost stock

Those fenders look good. I have been debating on grabbing a set of tube fenders, but haven’t came across any I really dig. I’m going to check those out.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Rubi Take off Shocks & front coils installed along with a daystar 3/4" front spacer. Got about 1 1/4" total lift in the front end & the back end of course stayed the same. There is now right about 1/2" rake down from back to front so its just about right for me.

Only drove it about a mile after so I dont really have a feel for how it handles, but seemed fine so far.

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Rough Country 2.5" Lift with Dual Steering Stabilizer . 35X12.50R20 Tires.

Great look. I just ordered the same Skyjacker lift kit today, but with the 295/70 Ridges to keep the tires tucked in a bit. I added a steering stabilizer, but was not putting in a track bar for now. Did you add either of those to your rig? I'm also doing the speedometer correction as I pull trailers often and want to maintain good shift points, but not sure how important that would have been.

Hemi09

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Dodge Challenger R/T , 07Jeep Wrangler,2011 Ford F350, 2020 Gladiator Sport S
Great look. I just ordered the same Skyjacker lift kit today, but with the 295/70 Ridges to keep the tires tucked in a bit. I added a steering stabilizer, but was not putting in a track bar for now. Did you add either of those to your rig? I'm also doing the speedometer correction as I pull trailers often and want to maintain good shift points, but not sure how important that would have been.
I added a dual steering stabilizer

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My Rubicon rides just like it does stock... I put the lift on before I had my new tires & wheels, so I was able to drive it a fair bit before the new E-rated tires and 20's, and it rode just like stock, just slightly taller. Spacer lifts on most vehicles are not a good idea, but on a coil-sprung vehicle with a 2-link, 3-link, or 4-link setup, it's not really an issue. Only going with 2.5" is no different than a leveling kit on a Ram 2500 or 3500. Which changes nothing but front-end height allowing for better stance and bigger tires.

Also, I will say this... "Doing it right" and limiting yourself to a $2000 budget don't fit in the same sentence when it comes to offroad vehicles. I've built LOTS of them in my life...Trust me, it pretty much never fits inside your budget parameters.
This answers it all for me. Starting with the 2" spacers, or leveling, would allow me to get going on 35s and see if the full suspension kit would even be necessary before spending that much on it.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aaaaannnndddd a month later now I am looking for a real lift.

What I have looks great and is fine on the road, but after one trail run I want bigger tires & more flex. Ordered a full bellypan already just to go a bit overboard on protecting the JT. Sometime in the next few days I am going to order a legitimate lift in the 2.5-3" range.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ordered the JKS lift about 3 weeks ago. I wish I could tell you how awesome it is, but they’re waiting on the LCAs to come in before they ship the kit. :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the JKS lift about 3 weeks ago. I wish I could tell you how awesome it is, but they’re waiting on the LCAs To come in before they ship the kit. :headbang:
I was actually debating on ordering the JKS lift. But without the LCA's. Then add the clayton full control arm kit later. I am spending a bunch of money at once & running into the end of my mod budget so saving a few bucks to get everything else & then adding some of the easy stuff later would be easier on the pocket book.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was actually debating on ordering the JKS lift. But without the LCA's. Then add the clayton full control arm kit later. I am spending a bunch of money at once & running into the end of my mod budget so saving a few bucks to get everything else & then adding some of the easy stuff later would be easier on the pocket book.
I thought about doing the same. The mechanic doing my install got the parts much cheaper than I could, so the LCAs were basically free. Yeah, I’ll spend money on labor, but that saves me a headache in my driveway and my little girl from learning a few curse words haha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Aaaaannnndddd a month later now I am looking for a real lift.

What I have looks great and is fine on the road, but after one trail run I want bigger tires & more flex. Ordered a full bellypan already just to go a bit overboard on protecting the JT. Sometime in the next few days I am going to order a legitimate lift in the 2.5-3" range.
Already started buying parts for mine. Got all the front -end parts (Evo Mfg.) and the rear 1.5" lift JKS coils bought yesterday, and should be coming in this week.

I love the spacer lift, and there's nothing wrong with them, I just love tinkering and modifying vehicles. And at the time when I bought my JTR and the spacer lift, I still had LOTS of debt, and wasn't able to afford a "real" lift. Now that I've sold my Harley and eliminated about 2/3 of my debts, I can afford to start piecing it all together.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about doing the same. The mechanic doing my install got the parts much cheaper than I could, so the LCAs were basically free. Yeah, I’ll spend money on labor, but that saves me a headache in my driveway and my little girl from learning a few curse words haha
lol... My little girl is a teenager.. she already knows all the curse words.

I have spent all evening & so far today shopping online. Trying to figure out what to order to get me the best bang for buck. I think the JKS ends up as the lowest end one. Or well I should say the most incomplete.

Technically I can afford most of the populat ones (Metal cloak, Rock Crawler etc), but I dont really wanna dip that far down into my play money. & If I do the JKS lift I can afford the synergy sector shaft brace & some sort of protection for the rear lower bed. No ideal what those are actually called, but I have been watching for a used set to carry me over till the bumper I want hits the market. Honestly I am surprised I don't already have damage there considering the damage to my sliders & my bumper after yesterday.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This answers it all for me. Starting with the 2" spacers, or leveling, would allow me to get going on 35s and see if the full suspension kit would even be necessary before spending that much on it.
If you're on a budget, it would certainly do just what you are wanting. Getting rolling and discovering the look and function you are wanting to go for. My spacer lift sent me into the direction I was hoping it would. I know that all I need is a 2.5" front coils and 1.5" rear coils to get the perfect look and function I am trying to achieve, while still having adequate clearance for 37's.
Sponsored