First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Stock Rubicon steel bumper with wings removed and a Warn Zeon 10S winch.

The special bits though are Frog Fabs Shackle mounts installed on frame rail ends. Had to remove the crush cans and modify the plastic fascia.
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 02b_FrontBumper
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 02a_FrontBumper
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Stock Rubicon steel bumper with wings removed and a Warn Zeon 10S winch.

The special bits though are Frog Fabs Shackle mounts installed on frame rail ends. Had to remove the crush cans and modify the plastic fascia.
That turned out great. Nice work.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That turned out great. Nice work.
Thanks.

I know it’s a personal preference thing but I hated that the stock bumper didn’t have shackle mounts. I really do like the look of the Rubicon steel bumper but when performing any recovery, I really do prefer to have a more positive attachment point over a hook.

And in full disclosure, it did take me two tries to get the plastic pieces cut correctly…lol. Thank goodness they were cheap!

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
What is that on the bed rails of your JT?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I know it’s a personal preference thing but I hated that the stock bumper didn’t have shackle mounts. I really do like the look of the Rubicon steel bumper but when performing any recovery, I really do prefer to have a more positive attachment point over a hook.

And in full disclosure, it did take me two tries to get the plastic pieces cut correctly…lol. Thank goodness they were cheap!
Agreed. I did some winching last week and several of them had the open hooks, and I would have preferred a closed point.

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Looks good. Where did you mount your control box?
I put it on top after the picture was taken, it’s in the standard spot. I’d love to have it somewhere else, I’m just not that creative 😂

Okambot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave White
Occupation
E&I Tech Oil Field
Finished installing the Metalcloak front bumper. What a PITA! If you plan on using the stock skid, expect cutting about an 1” for clearance. Also if you have a Mojave, trimming of the shock reservoir mount is necessary.
IMG_5308.jpeg

cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mojave, 20 JLUR, 18 JLUS
Westin WJ2 full width front winch bumper

It looks like, through search, a few folks here have experience with this bumper. Looking for more details on it. Like how much it weighs, how 'winch capable' it is, how well the attachment to the Jeep is, if you can re-use the factory front skid plate or what other one is needed, if it works with factory LED fog lamps, etc....

It looks like it just uses the factory bumper's 8 bolts - whereas others like Warn have an additional bracket to use. So I'm curious how well it holds up for heavy winch pulls.

Here is a link to the product in question - it is available from several vendors.
https://www.morris4x4center.com/westin-wj2-full-width-front-bumper-3.html
I know this is probably not going to help a ton, but i have this bumper on a 2018 JLUS. Factory LED fogs fit fine. The bumper is solid- my son rear ended a Silverado and nothing but powerdercoat scratches- no bends, nada. Bumper weighs in around 70lbs with bullbar option. I also picked up the Westin skid plate and can take a pic of it, but likely not going to help orient you to the JT coverage.... just let me know. I can measure and take pics of the winch mounting plate and available space if you are interested. The Warn 10S I was going to mount went to my JLUR, so this bumper is currently winch-less. I have pulled this jeep out of many a ditch with a tractor hooked up to the recovery points/shackles on the bumper and its solid. Sorry I could not be more precise but hoping this helps some.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Not gonna read back through here as I think I posted more than once about the ARB Classic Stubby fitting my Mojave with zero trimming required. The lines even line up well to the skid plate.

kabookie10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
If anyone is familiar with Stainless Works Mufflers/exhaust systems, this is a subsidiary of them, and they're known for high end stuff in the exhaust world, so I'd have to assume that same quality carries over. I've seen one or two in person and they look well made. Their plant/shop is right here in Northeast Ohio.
I have experience with them. They did R&D on my Scat Pack Challenger for the exhaust system. Their exhaust products are top notch. They installed long tube headers and a full high flow cat x pipe and full exhaust on my car. The quality was great and fitment was good. I'd have to assume the offroad equipment they are designing are on the same level. I don't have anything from Reaper on my Gladiator but I considered their bumpers at one point. Just wasn't the look I was going for with the front bumper but the rear bumper looks ok. I'm really interested in their new tailgate storage. I wish they designed some tube fender flares that were stock width.

Sponsored

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Rival 4x4 stubby bumper. It looks great and is pretty light, BUT just know there's NO space for factory fog lights. not a big deal to me since I'm going to ad alot of lighting

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread Rival4x4

Last edited:

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
Quadratec QRC w/ Badland Apex 12k winch. Don't mind the wires. Not wired up yet in this pic

20230227_203303.jpg

JarHeadLV

Banned
Banned
First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mohave, 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo
Occupation
Financial Retirement Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20230227_203303
Rugged Ridge HD Full width bumper… *note* I have an EVO Lift, with 35’s and the sway bar disconnected the tires chewed at the bumper under full stuff if you were steering*…. So there were some modifications made

it’s now a stubby…. I loved the wings under the fenders but when wheeling they were in the way ( which I thought was ludacris, especially with roughly 4” of lift in the nose and 35’s 🙄) so they got kicked to the curb, then I welded caps on both ends (3/16” steel) I kind of dig it since it doesn’t look like The factory RR stubby and I still get those meat hooks up front!

Im NOT a fan of the full length bumper look, BUT the change you made looks RAD!!!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Rugged Ridge HD Full width bumper… *note* I have an EVO Lift, with 35’s and the sway bar disconnected the tires chewed at the bumper under full stuff if you were steering*…. So there were some modifications made

it’s now a stubby…. I loved the wings under the fenders but when wheeling they were in the way ( which I thought was ludacris, especially with roughly 4” of lift in the nose and 35’s 🙄) so they got kicked to the curb, then I welded caps on both ends (3/16” steel) I kind of dig it since it doesn’t look like The factory RR stubby and I still get those meat hooks up front!

E60D4ABF-B666-4DD7-A8BA-FC8E4F39419A.jpeg
I know the feeling. I chopped my full width for the same reason, welded caps on the center section and the wings, and now it’s modular. I can remove the wings with three 1/2” grade 8 bolts for off roading. If you still have your wings you could probably do the same.

70725914690__3ECEAF4F-D8FD-4157-9AAD-8375C162513A.jpeg

IMG_5838.jpeg

70725913700__7D18C837-D019-4078-968C-2F9EACD9D2B4.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law/Public Safety & Veteran
ARB Bondi Deluxe. Instructions, not too good. Otherwise, pretty solid.

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread IMG_0031
Sponsored