Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Well, schooled by Mr. grumpy pants! Not that I disagree with your reasoning, just your approach. Clearly a boomer. Which by the way stir’s respect but also frustration. Frustration with the narrow way of thinking, respect because boomers persevered!
Don't get me wrong. The US built vehicles have their controls one way. The Japanese vehicles are another way. And so the European vehicles too. When you own a couple of different vehicles at one time. You learn to adapt to each one. The stalk controls on my Power Wagon and Grand Cherokee are different. The placement of the cruise controls are a bit different too. Everytime I drive a different vehicle. I have to do a quick relearn. Complaining about placement controls. Just adapt. If you want to bitch about control placement. Try owning a old Husky MX'er with the shifter on the right and brake on the left. And a Honda at the same time. Go out and do some trail riding in the morning. Come home and hop on the Honda for some street riding. Talk about confused feet.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly didn’t measure the length difference between the two but I’m guessing it can’t be more than an inch,my estimate is 1/2”.
More than that between the stock Overland and max tow. Wish I could find the picture.......

Look how much taller the stock Overland springs are than the Rubicon rear springs wrapped in plastic - more than 1/2" for sure longer and the max tow were a bit shorter than the Rubicon springs.

Jeep Gladiator The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 20200728_115659

Jeep Gladiator The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 20200728_115640

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Don't get me wrong. The US built vehicles have their controls one way. The Japanese vehicles are another way. And so the European vehicles too. When you own a couple of different vehicles at one time. You learn to adapt to each one. The stalk controls on my Power Wagon and Grand Cherokee are different. The placement of the cruise controls are a bit different too. Everytime I drive a different vehicle. I have to do a quick relearn. Complaining about placement controls. Just adapt. If you want to bitch about control placement. Try owning a old Husky MX'er with the shifter on the right and brake on the left. And a Honda at the same time. Go out and do some trail riding in the morning. Come home and hop on the Honda for some street riding. Talk about confused feet.
I have a American, Japanese, and German vehicle in my garage.

Then add in a Swedish project car.

I haven't read through the thread.

The good: nearly everything. The Gladiator is a great rig.

The bad: the seats, not great, not horrible. Better than the Tacoma.

Steering. I wish it was better, without sacrificing the solid axle. Maybe a different steering box with a pure hydraulic system versus electric.

The gauge brightness is never the right level. It is either too dim, or too bright. I've never owned a car that had this problem before. Yes, I know where the adjustment switch is.

The ugly: nothing

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a American, Japanese, and German vehicle in my garage.

Then add in a Swedish project car.
Does the Kawasaki engine on my lawn tractor count? I sold my Yamaha Maxim.

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I grip the outer wheel and not the center when I turn a corner.

I make the lane change anyway. 3 blinks is a courtesy.

Remove the carpet, problem solved.
LMFAO

Sponsored

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I HATE The turn signal. Not the fully engaged turn signal, but when you bump it, it only blinks 3 times! That's not enough damn blinks to change lanes. Needs to be 5 or 6 at least! Lol
i think you can change that is the settings.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
LOL.......... just don't make it without signaling as you'll find your aren't courteous enough if followed by an IHP car.

No.
nope is correct. I just went and looked. Our Hyundai does

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I hate the window switch placement. I'm somewhat familiar with it from my old JK, but when you drive 5 different vehicles and only 1 is in the center stack, it gets confusing.
When I got my first JK with the switches in the center stack (my first Wrangler ever with power anything) I was thinking out loud about why the switches were in the center.

A friend of mine said, "Well, the doors come off, right?"

I answer, "Yes, they do"

He says "Well, if the doors are off and the switches are in the doors, how are you going to roll the windows down with no buttons?"...... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ He was 100% serious.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When I got my first JK with the switches in the center stack (my first Wrangler ever with power anything) I was thinking out loud about why the switches were in the center.

A friend of mine said, "Well, the doors come off, right?"

I answer, "Yes, they do"

He says "Well, if the doors are off and the switches are in the doors, how are you going to roll the windows down with no buttons?"...... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ He was 100% serious.
Sounds like this - blonde woman comes into a store and asks if they have any wire coat hangers they can give her. Sure, here you go - what's the problem?
I locked the keys in my car and I need to try to unlock the door.
She walks out and proceeds to straighten the hanger and insert it past the window toward the lock.
Her friend inside the car is seen guiding her - little to the left, now back to the right.......

(not exactly "PC" I know, but.......... )

Has anyone looked at the wiring schematics for power window and lock switches? There's a lot to it. And raw power on heavy wires going to the switches. I remember how I had to be "creative" to add power windows and locks to a car I had and then wire it so the locks went through relays so I could run them through a keyless remote lock/unlock system.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You guys are nothing more complainers. LOL I grew up driving cars that had no A/C. No power brakes. Power steering was an option. Seat belts was an option. Drum brakes on all 4. Windshield washer was a foot pump on the floor. Dimmer switch was on the floor. Vents was under the dash that you had to open with your hand when you was stopped. No cruise control. Quit complaining and adapt to what you are driving. Try going from a 41ft diesel motorhome, Grand Cherokee, Power wagon, 370Z, and couple of different bikes. All in a day.
You just described my 67 convertible Firebird 400.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My second car, taken 1977. Manual steering, manual drum brakes, manual transmission, manual windows, manual locks, manual seats - vents were opened and closed by your feet using slides on the kick panels.

Jeep Gladiator The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 68jav-1977
Sponsored