Sponsored

The hardest vehicle to hand wash - ever!

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You should probably read what I wrote.

That'll clear things up.
Yes, clean it with a diaper and qtip if you like.

Not too many people on the forum get so nasty.

Smell the roses, have a beer. Take a breath. Have a drive in your spotless truck.

It's all good.
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I wash the Gladiator, the Fiesta, the GT4, the Cayman T, my dad's RAM, and my mom's Odyssey.

The Gladiator is a product test vehicle for detailing. Currently has some AMMO NYC products on it. Next time I decon the truck, I'll move to 303 Graphene.

I love detailing cars and testing products. The Gladiator has quirks when hand washing for sure. Despite being a brick it has a surprising number of areas that I feel require extra attention.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I find it pretty easy to wash and keep clean, I usually use my Echo blower to blow off the water then wipe it down with a towel, last I wipe down all the door jams.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
What do people use to dry it off? I’m looking for something that won’t scratch or swirl the paint?

Chamois? Microfiber cloth? What brand?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I use a cheap synthetic chamois I have had for a few years, no swirls. Think it is a shamwow brand

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Aero Cosmetics

Not the mot expensive but the stuff works very well ... 1 gallon lasts me 2 years ...

I wash my Jeep in about 10 minutes ... 20 if I'm sandbagging or being picky ...

When I was flying a lot, I saw the guys at the local airport using this on their $800,000 airplanes because the water at the airfield was hard and made a mess of things ... If its good enough for that, its good enough for the Jeep ... And honestly, it really does work very well ...
Thanks. Ordered some

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
As a short guy (5’6”) running 35’s and 1.5” lvl kit, a hand wash just isn’t happening. Could I hand wash? Sure. Do I want to/will I hand wash? Definitely not. I’ve already taken the JT through my local drive through wash and it came out fine. I do have a specific wash I take it to that I know can handle my truck w/o concern so that’s just how it is for me. For those that hand wash, more power to you. You’re a stronger person than me. Lol.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
...local brushless wash whenever it needs it.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
I actually find it easier to clean the Gladiator than the Benz or the ///M. Buy a foam cannon and wax it to make things even quicker. I recently gave it a quick coat of P21s carnauba the day after I washed it-- and now washes are quicker than ever!

I use the foam cannon(<$20 on amazon) let it soak for a few minutes then I hand wash it(the actual hand washing takes 5 minutes) I then blow dry it with my electric leaf blower. 35min from soiled to spotless. This includes the time it takes to bring out the pressure cleaner/supplies and putting them away as well.

Get a small electric pressure washer. 1600PSI is more than enough. Also Get some quick connectors for your hose

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Funny you say this because I've had a LOT of full size trucks and I can hand wash my Gladiator in half the time. I LOVE washing this truck because it goes so fast. Much less area to cover.
agree - I hand detail between washes in about 15 min.

Sponsored

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you say this because I've had a LOT of full size trucks and I can hand wash my Gladiator in half the time. I LOVE washing this truck because it goes so fast. Much less area to cover.
Agreed. Just as easy, if not easier, than my other trucks have been. Far easier than my car with the window louvers and nooks and crannies and body lines, spoiler, complex tail lights, complex head lights, the grill is pain in the butt to wash on that car.......... I'll wash the JT first.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just like a clean vehicle ( personal preference ) but it doesn't have to be perfect. Foam canon with a cheap electric pressure washer once a week works great. And when its really dirty, hand wash is pretty easy, especially compared to my full size trucks.

Does anyone else wash their wheel wells and frame??
I can stand on the running boards and reach the roof! LOL

I need to look into these cannons people are talking about. I have a gas powered pressure washer already. This is interesting to see how others do it. I've been using garden hose and my soft cloths and distilled water to finish drying.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Wheel wells yes, frame no, I have it coated in Fluid Film which is oily, waxy and sticky, but keeps rust and corrosion away.
Was thinking of using the Fluid Film this winter. If wheeling, does dirt and dust stick to it since it's sticky? And if the frame was muddy, could you powerwash or would you then have to re-Fluid film?

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
Only thing I find annoying was getting between the fenders and the body. I bought some detail brushes to get in the cracks. I do remove any loose dirt with the power washer and then foam it up using a foam cannon. They sell the foam cannons at auto part stores and soap. Any kind of soap will do as long as its the more watery kind that is made to be in a foam cannon. I recommend using quality microfiber so you don't put more scratches into the paint than you really need to.
Sponsored