Delivery Driver

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I can’t say that I’ve run into anything yet (650 miles) that irks me enough to start a thread about it. I had a good idea of what I was getting into though, as far as vehicle capabilties and limitations go. i.e. The ride quality complaints…to me…the JTR rides like I would expect a (essentially) lifted Jeep to ride.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This isn't true. I'm in a 2020 overland with the 7-in screen and I have rear USB ports.
Oh, because you have the Overland. On the Sport, the rear ports were only with the 8.4 screen.

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Rear USB ports are stupid easy to add later on. $20 worth of parts and a few wires to solder.

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
what i dont like is that after thought of a backup camera. Did they forget to add it during the design process and the last second come up with what looks like a after market stick on version that can be pulled off with your hands. I drove a 2500 Ram before my jeep and the backup camera is nicely designed into the tailgate handle. rant over.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I can’t say that I’ve run into anything yet (650 miles) that irks me enough to start a thread about it. I had a good idea of what I was getting into though, as far as vehicle capabilties and limitations go. i.e. The ride quality complaints…to me…the JTR rides like I would expect a (essentially) lifted Jeep to ride.
I love the soft ride of the JTR. Its nice and smooth. Its supposed to be that way - makes bumps, dips, and things off highway much more comfortable. IMO that's how it is supposed to be. I really dont understand why people want it to be stiff. I mean every truck I have been in that was stiff was terribly uncomfortable and jarring. That gets tiring on a long drive. Even my OBS that had a super slick suspension setup was soft - not as soft as the JTR but close, and it still could haul and tow significant weight just fine.

One thing I dont like, is how low to the ground some of the electronics are. I know new fancy vehicles have all sorts of electronics, but some things, especially on a Jeep, really should be much higher IMO. Things like that appears to be some accelerometers on the outside of the frame by the back of the bed. The bedside is hollow, it could easily be put up another 6 inches, even a foot.

And how there is NO fan for the seat to cool off a hot butt sitting on leather in the summer.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
LEGIT VENTING
Bought my GLADY JULY 2019 now at 35,844 miles
This is what has been replaced under warranty : drive shaft, steering box, all brakes,rotors,calipers,drums, ds door lock switch,main radio command center, inner fender,auxillary battery.
Now after crawling all over the truck before 36,000 The rear window is leaking,oil mist covering both valve covers. Contacted dealer I will call you when I have a loaner for you.
What should I ask for my compensation for the multiple visits to get factory issues resolved ?
I love this truck but damn ,now when is the axle going to start leaking ?

Last edited:

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
The vibration in the steering wheel from the stereo doesn't bother me, but it did surprise me the first couple of times I noticed it. I thought there was something wrong with the Jeep.
Yes this gets me often. Need some vibration dampening on steering column. I know turning the music off will help you determine if it's a problem or not but never had this in a car before that I can remember.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This is what has been replaced under warranty : drive shaft
Mine just went in for the drive shaft too. At 38000 miles. Was told the bolts were loose and broke off. Blessed to have a loaner available same day.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Mine just went in for the drive shaft too. At 38000 miles. Was told the bolts were loose and broke off. Blessed to have a loaner available same day.
I have been a dedicated jeep purchaser since 1989 and its just amazing the factory flaws on a $60,000 dollar vehicle compared to the $10,000 dollar 1989 jeep commanche.
I hope your vehicles issues gets resolved.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have been a dedicated jeep purchaser since 1989 and its just amazing the factory flaws on a $60,000 dollar vehicle compared to the $10,000 dollar 1989 jeep commanche.
I hope your vehicles issues gets resolved.
Mine was from loose bolts after the rear main seal was replaced.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Mine was from loose bolts after the rear main seal was replaced.
Oh a workmanship issue not surprised ,I do have a good dealership that does repair or replace what issues I have had. ITS JUST the hassle of going back again and again.
HAve a great day

TacoTruck

First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
So far, my biggest complaints are the radio glitch you mentioned, seems to happen quite often. And that when I paid for the internet it was quite crappy even in my large city. However, that’s probably more of an AT&T problem and not Jeep, but I didn’t investigate it enough to really know where to place blame before cancelling it.
Sponsored