Sponsored

Torsen/TrueTrac helical limited slip differential?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I asked Torsen as well as Eaton and actually got a quick response from Torsen Traction’s Rick Barnes.

He said “We do not offer anything for the Gladiator at this time, but we anticipate introducing something later this year.”

That’s gives me hope that there will be one on the market in time for when the clutch packs on my trac-loc need replacing.
Well that's the most promising response thus far. I'm guessing something will come around SEMA.
Sponsored

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I am going to have to start putting money away.

OP
OP

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I asked Torsen as well as Eaton and actually got a quick response from Torsen Traction’s Rick Barnes.

He said “We do not offer anything for the Gladiator at this time, but we anticipate introducing something later this year.”

That’s gives me hope that there will be one on the market in time for when the clutch packs on my trac-loc need replacing.
VERY encouraging, thank you for sharing!

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370

I don't suppose you've heard any news since?

I'm very patiently waiting to regear in case something comes out this year....but I'm not that patient.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Agreed, I couldn't stand it and regeard anyway....but Im watching these threads like a hawk, lol

Sponsored

Sturm451

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I don't suppose you've heard any news since?

I'm very patiently waiting to regear in case something comes out this year....but I'm not that patient.
I haven’t heard anything new yet. I’m hoping something gets announced soon.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Agreed, I couldn't stand it and regeard anyway....but Im watching these threads like a hawk, lol
I'm getting to that point too...but I have this feeling that as soon as I commit to gears the torsen will be released. Was really struggling with RPMs (6MT) even in 4low at an going up a boulder hill really wishing I had 4.56s

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
I just took a gamble, I knew I could get the gears at the time so I jumped. When I was getting the gears put in I was talking to the store owner and I mentioned I had a part number for the spicer lsd but couldn't find anyway to order them. He said he couldn't either. When I picked up my JT he told me that I got my hands on track-lok/lsd to let him know...he would put it in. I wanted to do it all at once, but I think I made the right choice by getting the gears and enjoying while we (patiently) wait........

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I just took a gamble, I knew I could get the gears at the time so I jumped. When I was getting the gears put in I was talking to the store owner and I mentioned I had a part number for the spicer lsd but couldn't find anyway to order them. He said he couldn't either. When I picked up my JT he told me that I got my hands on track-lok/lsd to let him know...he would put it in. I wanted to do it all at once, but I think I made the right choice by getting the gears and enjoying while we (patiently) wait........
Well it's worth having a conversation with my shop. I know I don't want to really do another trip without a regear. Just went to the Smoky Mountains (plus a couple offroad trails) and back from MN. It was fine on the freeway but I never touched 6th gear and really wished I had regeared when hitting the hillsides, tail of the dragon, and trails.