Sponsored

Trailer brake controller gone?

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Has anyone else noticed that in the Jeep build and price tool, the trailer brake controller is no longer there. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else noticed that in the Jeep build and price tool, the trailer brake controller is no longer there. Am I missing something?
I noticed too. Wonder what’s up?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Discussed in several threads already. Was in the builder, then disappeared when prices showed up. Some speculation about it becoming a dealer installed item.... guess we will have to wait and see

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I talked to the Jeep rep at the Albuquerque show and I was told it would be a dealer add on, it would also replace the 12volt outlet

1D0F6A6B-65D6-4578-85A7-DB9ACC5CA400.jpeg

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The builder tool showed it as a replacement for the lighter unit. So we just need a part number. would think its PnP

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDog

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I just now received this. Very surprising for a manufacturer using best-in-class towing as a selling point. Seriously??!

CC_FCA_Header_Logo.png

Dear Lance,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Jeep Information Center. It's great to read of your interest in the all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Your email poses a very good question regarding our available factory specifications and I would certainly like to take a moment to discuss this with you further today.

A Trailer Brake Controller is not offered on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator lineup as standard or optional equipment. As such, we would certainly encourage customers to contact a reputable RV Upfitter for any questions concerning the aftermarket installation of such a feature.

Please be advised that the “Build & Price” feature on the Jeep Brand website is meant to reflect the Jeep models within dealerships’ inventories and not the ordering system. At the present time, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is included in this tool for customers to get an idea of the current pre-production product information only. This information is not reflective of the current factory ordering system and is subject to change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Jeep dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Jeep dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

Please feel free to sign up for updates on the Jeep brand by visiting https://www.jeep.com/en/sufu. By signing up, you will receive a quarterly eNewsletter with updates and information as it becomes available on new vehicles, special offers, upcoming events, and more.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup, you are always welcome reach us directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours of operation.

Thanks again for your interest.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I just now received this. Very surprising for a manufacturer using best-in-class towing as a selling point. Seriously??!
It was the same with my GC (and a B*TCH to install one in that vehicle btw). WTH Jeep? :mad:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Until a trailer brake controller is available, they should just advertise 3000 pounds as max tow weight. This is stupid.

OP
OP
DesertDog

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I know. Right? I worry for our friends at TFL trying to do the Ike Gauntlet

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

CC_FCA_Header_Logo.png

Dear Lance,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Jeep Information Center. It's great to read of your interest in the all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Your email poses a very good question regarding our available factory specifications and I would certainly like to take a moment to discuss this with you further today.

A Trailer Brake Controller is not offered on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator lineup as standard or optional equipment. As such, we would certainly encourage customers to contact a reputable RV Upfitter for any questions concerning the aftermarket installation of such a feature.

Please be advised that the “Build & Price” feature on the Jeep Brand website is meant to reflect the Jeep models within dealerships’ inventories and not the ordering system. At the present time, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is included in this tool for customers to get an idea of the current pre-production product information only. This information is not reflective of the current factory ordering system and is subject to change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Jeep dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Jeep dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

Please feel free to sign up for updates on the Jeep brand by visiting https://www.jeep.com/en/sufu. By signing up, you will receive a quarterly eNewsletter with updates and information as it becomes available on new vehicles, special offers, upcoming events, and more.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup, you are always welcome reach us directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours of operation.

Thanks again for your interest.
wtf is this? Any industry people care to provide the info on why this lengthy explanation?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Ford did the same thing with the "new" Ranger. Advertised 7k towing, but didn't offer a brake controller. Potential buyers called them out on it, and they released a "dealer add-on" brake controller that looks like something Fisher Price would have made in the 1980s. It mounts near the shifter on the console and looks awful.

I agree, I wouldn't buy one of these trucks until a production brake controller is offered from the factory. They should know better than to do this.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
A grand Cherokee brake interface and after market controller will work. Your connector is on the drivers side wiring harness may be taped back but there.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
A grand Cherokee brake interface and after market controller will work. Your connector is on the drivers side wiring harness may be taped back but there.
What year Grand Cherokee? And are you certain it'll work on the JT? A brake controller is one of the first mods I actually need to do. I'm hoping to use the Redarc controller in the same position as the factory option on the dash.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So waiting might not be an option, but there has been confirmation that a factory (or maybe just mopar accessory) trailer brake controller is coming later this year. TFL confirmed this with Jeep.
Sponsored