First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Analyst
Maybe look into the Rock-Trac HD on the '21 JTR.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I agree with you on the waving. Where I live there are so many Jeeps and i drive over a 100 miles a day and it does get old waving. I also think a ram would make a better daily driver as well. The road noise in the Jeep is terrible
I have a headliner in mine and it's quiet and not hollow.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Road Noise ... Call of the Wild ... I choose call of the wild

Sponsored

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
In 2008 I left jeeps for Rams. Our Gladiator is the first Jeep weā€™ve owned since then.
We still have a 2020 RAM bighorn 4wd that is the family truck,
And No doubt the Rams are more comfortable and have better road manners. Our 2020 Big Horn drives like a Cadillac, quiet smooth and comfortable.
But the Jeep is more fun to drive.
I was surprised that the JT sits as high as our Ram and is almost as long. For being a smaller truck itā€™s almost as big as a 1500.
Ive had 2 rebels that were awesome, but not good daily drivers, bad gas mileage and rode more like a Jeep with stiff suspension.
Our current Ram averages 8-12 City and 14-17 Highway. I had a 2015 Rebel that averaged 8-12 all the time and was plagued with electrical issues.
Rams are comfortable and the 4WD works great. I plan on keeping both using the Ram for Family, hauling and trips and the Gladiator for fun.
Iā€™m retired and the wife works from home. So MPGs arenā€™t really a concern for us anymore.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
How is a 2500 going to improve any of the issues you mentioned?
Yeah especially with the TRX which has an EPA rating of 10 mpg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not the thread I pictured myself posting when I picked up the car from the dealer in August 2020, but here I am.

I bought the wrong rig, thats it. My sting gray Rubi is an excellent vehicle. Decent driving on city streets, easy to commute in, handled road trips well. Reliable, fun, simple etc.

The catch, I travel up and down mountain passes 30 times a year. Shifting this thing in and out of 4H when the roads go from snow covered to clear and wet is silly. The truck handles poorly at highway speeds in 4H. The heater is atrocious to deal with. Fuel mileage is unbelievably bad for a V6, though I don't drive enough to really care about mpg.

Will be looking at selling this thing and grabbing a RAM 2500. Maybe test drive a TRX just for S&Gs.

Have only respect for this forum and Jeep folks altogether. Wish I could find a way to appreciate the Gladiator as much as it deserves.

I definitely wont miss waving at people 20-30 on my trip to the grocery store here in Issaquah. Too many jeep owners here. Yeesh! :)
Funny I traded a 2019 RAM for the Rubicon Gladiator. The new ram is an excellent vehicle indeed, just too big for everyday activities. On the shifting, I bought the b&M transfer case shifter for under $200 and it made shifts in an out of 4H effortless. (I live in the mountains too). By the way, new Rubicons with automatic come with select track that does all the work for you like the RAM.

Deleted member 28696

Not the thread I pictured myself posting when I picked up the car from the dealer in August 2020, but here I am.

I bought the wrong rig, thats it. My sting gray Rubi is an excellent vehicle. Decent driving on city streets, easy to commute in, handled road trips well. Reliable, fun, simple etc.

The catch, I travel up and down mountain passes 30 times a year. Shifting this thing in and out of 4H when the roads go from snow covered to clear and wet is silly. The truck handles poorly at highway speeds in 4H. The heater is atrocious to deal with. Fuel mileage is unbelievably bad for a V6, though I don't drive enough to really care about mpg.

Will be looking at selling this thing and grabbing a RAM 2500. Maybe test drive a TRX just for S&Gs.

Have only respect for this forum and Jeep folks altogether. Wish I could find a way to appreciate the Gladiator as much as it deserves.

I definitely wont miss waving at people 20-30 on my trip to the grocery store here in Issaquah. Too many jeep owners here. Yeesh! :)
I just traded my 2020 GMC Canyon Denali in for a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon so far I love this Jeep much more than my GMC. The GMC does have automatic or selectable 4 Wheel drive which was nice. If you need a full sized bed or more pulling power then the RAM is a better choice. I was tired of having a full sized pickup & trying to find parking spaces especially downtown it was a nightmare. The midsized truck is a better choice for me, easier to drive etc. I love the open air concept on the Jeep, Iā€™m a wildlife photographer & so far this is a good fit, I hope you find yours.

r2down22go

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, but Traded for a Rubicon
Occupation
R&D
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Jaguar Ftype Convertible for my daily drive, but the Jeep rules the weekends!

Sponsored

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
I've been averaging 18-19 mpg with my Gladiator (in the Sierra's) and as good as 25 mpg on long hwy trips. My heater works great and it handles good in the snow.. That said, not everyone is a Jeep person. If you are looking for better gas mileage then a Ram 2500 is not going make you happy! I have one of those also and it is a gas hog, 15-16 mpg at best...

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
Your post kinda lost all credibility when you said ram 2500 or TRX hahaha both gonna have worse gas mileage. Now if you said better towing or something along those lines Iā€™d get it..
4wd? Itā€™s a ā€œmanuallyā€ shifting transfer case you should have know that going into that. But given that Iā€™ve had to maybe shift once or twice in 4h to drive on the highway in the snow. Every other time no issues tires make a big difference maybe you have bad tires? Maybe itā€™s ā€œoperator errorā€ def donā€™t get a trx if you ā€œcanā€™t handleā€ a jeep
crappy heater?????? Seriously???? I decided (due to a warranty issue) to keep my soft top on all winter (northeast) I thought I would freeze boy was I ever wrong more than enough heat most times I had to keep the heat down cause it worked so well.
But hey not everyone enjoys a Jeep I get it but thatā€™s all you had to say.
Agreed. I've never had heater issues, as some complain.

DrewP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Hard worker

I own both a RAM 2500 Mega Turbo Diesel and a (the wives) 2020 Gladiator 6cyl w/ 3" lift on 37's. I love driving her baby to the beach and back, but, can't imagine a road trip in that thing. The 2500 drives like a cadilac at 90 mph while getting 16mpg at that speed.

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
You'll have to get the diesel, have a 20 year old 3500, 5.9 Cummings, 3.55 rear axle & average 23 mpg. The Sport S with the diesel averaging about 25 mpg. Good luck with the new truck.
This!

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
I bought a Rubicon gladiator February 8. And I found out it wasn't the vehicle for me either ā˜¹.
Everyday my wife tells me it's hers. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I only get to drive it ever now and than.
Sponsored