Sponsored

Water in Transmission from 4WD'ing, is this covered under manufacturer Car Warranty?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You can also use your phone and software just to get temperature readings but even Jeep says it's not necessary - you can use the cluster.
The temperature range allows for some getting up and down/in or out to check the temp.
Yeah, it takes some preplanning and setup if doing by yourself and using the Instrument cluster temp gauge. If you are Johnny on the spot when you hit the minimum temp and have a good fluid pump, can usually get it to fill level in one shot.

Last time I did it, soon as it hit 86 degree, I was under and had it filled to level before it hit 95 degrees.
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Here it is. Crazy color. I still haven't checked mine yet. But I've been having some weird slipping/banging shifts lately 1&2
Yep Like I said "clearish" green light green. It is actually a semi synthetic oil . It is not full synthetic. My guess is since its life time it is probably Gramma Radiated Hulk P!ss. ?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I guess I’ll be the first to say your book tells you to change the fluid in your transmission if contaminated with water etc. It doesn’t say to change the transmission. The authors must have felt getting water in there would most likely happen and all you had to do was change the oil.
My question to FCA was can I get an interpretation of “change the oil”? Does this mean several pan drops or a one time flush? They didn’t want to tell me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yep Like I said "clearish" green light green. It is actually a semi synthetic oil . It is not full synthetic. My guess is since its life time it is probably Gramma Radiated Hulk P!ss. ?
Doesn't matter if it's synthetic or not for color.
Jeep says lifetime but that's meaning how long a typical owner has a vehicle. You change it when contaminated.
It starts green then after a couple thousand miles turns more an oil color.

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
1. don't make posts about it. Anything the Dealer can find (and they will try) they will use to Deny. Even Toyota.

2. play stupid. weaponized stupidity is one of the best ways to get what you want, when you know exactly what went wrong and why.

3. No previous review is gonna help

4. If the Dealer won't cover it. Take it to your insurance and fudge the exacts a bit. If you swing it as an failure to due accident on road. They usually cover it.

And no I'm not here to be in anyone's moral compass. I'm just giving suggestions as requested. When i was 18 i had to pay almost 3k a year in insurance even though i had no tickets or faults. So you better believe i ran em for every penny i could when i could. And there are ways to spin it with no consequences. when i was 20 i ran an insurance bill to 98 grand. And didn't pay a cent more in premiums. got multiple free motors, tires, etc. I don't like insurance. They screw over people every day so no I don't feel sorry for using a service i'm legally required to pay for.

Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
1. don't make posts about it. Anything the Dealer can find (and they will try) they will use to Deny. Even Toyota.

2. play stupid. weaponized stupidity is one of the best ways to get what you want, when you know exactly what went wrong and why.

3. No previous review is gonna help

4. If the Dealer won't cover it. Take it to your insurance and fudge the exacts a bit. If you swing it as an failure to due accident on road. They usually cover it.

And no I'm not here to be in anyone's moral compass. I'm just giving suggestions as requested. When i was 18 i had to pay almost 3k a year in insurance even though i had no tickets or faults. So you better believe i ran em for every penny i could when i could. And there are ways to spin it with no consequences. when i was 20 i ran an insurance bill to 98 grand. And didn't pay a cent more in premiums. got multiple free motors, tires, etc. I don't like insurance. They screw over people every day so no I don't feel sorry for using a service i'm legally required to pay for.
Insurance on my Daughter's Kia 3000 every 6months. My Gladiator 1972.00 every 6months ?.
I dont like insurance companies either it is like Doctors and Hospitals a money Racket .

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you also are getting water into the air filter box. There is an inlet port tube that run from just under the air box to the grill. There is gap in this but witb the kind if water your pushing there it can't be good
See his other post about engine pinging.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Scan tool can open the plug? Cool!
Now I'm glad I bought one from Amazon when @Lunentucker told us of a great sale. I wonder what else it can do.......? That takes care of my light duty for a few weeks.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
There's no way this is a real post.
Looking at his other threads he has started, I do not think this is the first time he has gone "das boot" diving with it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There's no way this is a real post.
You are correct. Nothing is real. Even our Jeeps are just a simulation. So it doesn't really matter what you spend on them - none of it is real.

Jeep Gladiator Water in Transmission from 4WD'ing, is this covered under manufacturer Car Warranty? 1714490951620-vh

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I send my Jeep into things I probably shouldn't, knowing damn well my warranty will not cover me if I break something because of my silly adventures. Best bet is to just play dumb, sometimes it works... sometimes they find mud in places where it's difficult to get mud and deny your claim.

It's the price of playing the game.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Hi guys,
this thread is an extension of a previous one that i have posted a day or so ago where i had a transmission error code and eventually found water in the transmission.

Please note, although the dealership is named in the reveiw, i wish to avoid any public naming of the dealership in print on this forum...lets just call it the "service centre" or something like that.

My question is this, given the car obviously was driven through water whilst 4wd'ing and i regularly wash it underneath both using manufal and automatic car washes with underbody spray, can i expect factory warranty to cover the water damage given i found the transmission breather had come off the top of the transmission and could be the case of the ingress?

Prior to answering, i also wrote a google review about the dealership 4 months ago after this transmission was installed into the car under warranty and they also did some top end engine work to decarbon the cylinder heads, pistons, and valves...

see google review i wrote 4 months ago here...
Check out this review on Google Maps
https://goo.gl/maps/RcJ8G6EKPQHr7wBy8

The car is currently at another dealership about 900km's from where the previous work was done and is about to be assessed to determine what is wrong with the vehicle (given the transmission fluid is white in colour, its obviously water damage).

With my google review 4 months ago as evidence, do i have a strong enough case to ensure another replacement transmission under warranty?
Dude, just a tip, that profile picture isn't making your case any better. Jeep cares see that and the NOPE stamp comes out.
Sponsored