Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I got off work early and parked the work truck, luckily they finished early because it happens to be my birthday, and I bought 2 cases of my favorite beer (Cahaba American Blonde Ale) and drove back home. :like:
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I would recommend it for long distances but we dropped the MasterCraft in the water. Fully gassed up with the trailer I’d guess 7700 pounds, I was super cautious, only had to go 2 miles but with the truck lifted on 37’s it’s not an optimal tow rig, but handled the task just fine.

CF18FAB5-A0EB-4DF3-BA60-BEDF2EFA0E77.jpeg
You're making me miss my old 2007 Centurion Enzo 230 Tahoe Edition... I might have to buy another one... Local dealer has one just like my old boat for sale... Thinking REAL hard about buying it...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hauled some shit to storage... And then drove over to a buddy's house to help level a Wood Mizer sawmill, and drink a few beers and hangout.

RubStingGray

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Leo
Only 300 miles in this bad boy so far, First mod -The Banks Ram air Intake. And also installing LED’s in the headlight, fog lights and turn signals.

8C767A43-EA1B-4DFA-93E6-C89A48AE11B2.jpeg

B1A67D2A-54AC-4CA5-B815-2C3CA8E80808.jpeg

Sponsored

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Put it to work!
First real test of the max tow! Boat weighs in at 3000# dry, not sure about the trailer but it’s big and heavy! The gladiator did very well, pulling on the interstate running 60 to 70mph. And I find out after getting home the trailer doesn’t have breaks!! And looking I’m not sure how to even put them on. But either way it stopped when it was supposed to!
Happy Jeep owner!

E04D4BF4-E922-4D49-8152-24FBD26B53FE.jpeg

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Transferred into 4lo today on the way home. Got into the neighborhood and stopped, idled to about 2mph and did the switch. Botched it the first time being in 4hi already. It was an interesting (jerky) transition but I feel it's something we should practice so we know how to if we ever need it. Nothing like needing something in a real scenario and not knowing how to already, time may be of the essence. Getting it back to regular drive was an adventure as well.

Last edited:

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I got my JT rear ended after a month of ownership! :angry: And I have a MTB & 4x4 trip to Moab & back planned with a departure date of June 15th. :crying:

An oblivious driver in a Durango ran into me at full speed while I was waiting at a red light behind 5 or 6 other cars. I was hit at about 45mph with no sign of braking. I was lucky not to be pushed into the vehicle in front of me ... it was close! Despite the speed and the damage done to the Durango, the damage doesn't seem too bad on my JT! We'll see what the shop & insurance says though. Oh, and my $6000 mountain bike was on the back.

Now for repair estimates and insurance calls ...

This pic was taken shortly after the accident. The police & the Durango are at the left of the pano. Traffic has filled in the space between the collision and the traffic signal at the right of the pano. My JT was roughly in the space behind the Suburban when I was hit. After the collision, I pulled ahead to get off of the road.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Accident pano.JPG

Tailgate Damage ... it still opens & closes fine ... camera works, but is now a 'sorta-side view'.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Tailgate 1

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Tailgate 2

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Tailgate 3

Bumper & Tow Receiver Damage:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Bumper 1

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Bumper 2
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Bumper 3

...apparently Adventure also Begins where the Durango & JT meet...

The bed seems perfectly fine! Although the gap between the bed & cab is a little narrower on one side than the other. I've seen a difference on brand new JTs too, so I don't know if this is reason to be concerned. A shop will inspect and measure the frame. :fingerscrossed:

Bike damage: (2/3 of bike was in bed ... only the front end was sandwiched)

I'm not sure what insurance will do ... front wheel, suspension, and brake are toast. The forces may have compromised my frame's head tube, but I can't tell by looking, and both the headset & steerer tube seem snug & rotate fine.

If the other driver's insurance refuses to pay for my bike repairs (which may exceed my JT repairs), I guess there's small claims court. Anyone have experience dealing with this kind of thing?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
@msujedi it looks like the guy that caused it was 2 vehicles back, WTF? How fast was he going to hit the guy behind you into you to cause that much damage? That's sucks man, I'm angry for you. I'm at 3 weeks next week, I would be devastated. At least you're ok :)

Also, I doubt your bike exceeds truck damage. With new tailgate, probably camera (for good measure), bumper assembly, tow hook, who knows what else, new Jeep logo, your stickers, possibly bed since it looks crunched, tail lights,, and painting the new bumper/bed at least, I bet you're into $8k+ easy, +shop time. You need to be compensated for the bike to be sure though.
Sponsored

Last edited: