Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Love that rig on the front! We surf fish from St. Augustine to Amelia. Good times. Good times. Catch anything?
Thanks! - I built that thing years ago for a 2003 Land Rover I had. I've used it on a couple of other vehicles since, but it's been in the garage unused for years until I got the JT. I adapted it to hang off the tow hooks and it secures to underneath the bumper with turnbuckles - stable as can be. I can put it on or take it off in just seconds.

I would love to do some surf fishing in FL! Maybe I'll get the chance one day.

Okay - I would love to lie to you, but that day there was nothing biting. I usually do pretty well on that beach but sometimes it's not to be - especially this time of year. It was cold and windy, and it started raining not long after that picture so we headed out. We had a wonderful time together though for a couple of hours - working on her casting and catching up on some quality time in a beautiful place.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Took her all around a pretty park!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? FA809B7C-8BF0-4FE7-B8F7-5E18F203355A
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? A4532670-5781-4ED6-90AB-50C55D4FDC1C

Jeeper

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I planning to run it smoothly by changing shocks and tires since I will be more on driving it in the city.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Went to a desert with a strangely familiar name....
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? F603700E-2941-4EE7-9422-8EB7E09339D2

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Had pretty awesome day with the Gladiator. Went to the Prairie City OHV park in the morning. I was a little nervous because I went there alone. But made some friends and had a blast wheeling with them. Lockers were a little finicky. They wouldn’t always engage. Got an error, saying I wasn’t in 4low, when I was. But still manage to get them to work. Just looked like a noob out there prefrontal buttons. Tackled some things I was surprised it would do. It kicked but out there. They guys I hung out with took a few vids. Not sure how to upload them.

After that I headed up to auburn with my brother in law for an epic mountain bike ride. It was good day of play.

DSC04073.jpg

0BF63174-03E4-45EB-A071-96E5F4A3B745.jpeg

637DC307-7943-4B7B-AFB1-96065B8D11F1.jpeg

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Day of firsts:

1. 1st time airing down tires and using the STFA system.
2. 1st Time disconnecting front sway bar (with tools, replaced with 7/16 clevis pin for the way home)
3. 1st Jeep Badge of Honor trail (Peters Mill Run, VA)
4 1st time dragging the middle and rear end over rocks (ouch). Still learning line selection.
5. 1st time seeing the value in quick disconnect/antirock systems, skid plates, understanding why people pay big bucks to lift and install larger wheels.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 20210116_133208

Last edited:

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
Test towed my 22' boat today with my max tow max tow. 4k dry plus 1.4k trailer.
First impressions: suspension and brakes are up to the task! Gearing is also adequate making starting the load feel easy.
Only negative is high speed/uphill. The motor has to wind way up to keep her going.
My last truck was a chevy with a 5.3 and when you hit the highways/hills you can tell the gladiator doesn't have the same power.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_20210117_105704_01

All in all though I think this is going to work out fine :)

Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? DB8E5482-EDFB-437B-ACB3-8E51159F4A46

Explored Tumey and Panoche hills in the Diablo range in central california. Lots of razor back ridges and pucker moments but the wife forgave me after a nice long hike. If you zoom in the largest black bush is the beast from a distance.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Ran a few projects I've been working on through a "dry" run. That dry run wound up being non-stop driving rain and 50+mph winds.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? DB8E5482-EDFB-437B-ACB3-8E51159F4A46
Is that a kerosene tent heater? If so curious about the details.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Is that a kerosene tent heater? If so curious about the details.
It can burn Kerosene, but I've been using diesel mostly. After seeing the very expensive Planar2D "briefcase" heaters I decided to try building one of my own. Grabbed a 2KW Chinese diesel heater from Amazon and built it inside a Stanley toolbox. Final version will eventually be in an old Pelican case, just doing some trials while I wait for a few other items to come in. Powered off a second battery, I'm able to let it run all night without fear of battery dying/running out of fuel. Longest burn so far has been 28hrs, still have fuel in the 2.5gal tank and battery life. All in for under $250 (beats the Planar $1600). Been very pleased with it...even with the crazy high winds that knocked it over it kept running like a champ. You can also buy an "All-in-One" for a similar price, but they aren't weather sealed. With exhaust being outside on the ground, I'm only pumping warm dry air up in to the tent. No moisture added to the air like if I was using a propane heater, so no condensation to worry about. I could go on, but may bore people on the Jeep forum. ; )
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_5800
Sponsored