Sponsored

What I wish my Gladiator had.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I wouldn't mind if the hood had a bumper on it if you want to flip it back and lean it against the windshield.

...and how about some decent door sill protectors for a vehicle meant to get dirty?
I was installing some cowl lights last week and wanted to fully open the hood. Being my first Jeep I just figured the washer nozzles/rubberized portions would be the pads to sit against the glass or top. No dice, ended up having to put a folded towel down to fully open the hood.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Fix for steering is known.
what am I missing from below . I don’t know any fix that has consistently worked.
-tightning the box works for some not got others
-psc kit....pretty pricey but yes solves it
-synergy brace. Works for some
-steering stabilizer works for some

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
darn. I was hoping I missed it.
It’s not a global fix from what I hear. Most guys are having the issue again a few thousand miles later
OK, you mean from JL forum? I have only seen this thread here on JT forum about that adjustment.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
OK, you mean from JL forum? I have only seen this thread here on JT forum about that adjustment.
If memory serves me correct. Others have linked info from the JL forums to here regarding the adjustment as they've been dealing with these issues much longer than the JT crowd.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I wish for $995 that the cargo management package had a 1000w converter rather than a 400w one.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I wish for $995 that the cargo management package had a 1000w converter rather than a 400w one.
That would be nice, but it would create an issue with heat due to where it is mounted. Instead of finding a better spot, they reduced output to manage heat dissipation for the location chosen.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
That would be nice, but it would create an issue with heat due to where it is mounted. Instead of finding a better spot, they reduced output to manage heat dissipation for the location chosen.
Too bad they could not mount it somewhere else. My order was without as I can buy the bed rails online for just over $300, decided to save the nearly $700 for an inverter to mount under the back seat that could give me the wattage I could use.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad they could not mount it somewhere else. My order was without as I can buy the bed rails online for just over $300, decided to save the nearly $700 for an inverter to mount under the back seat that could give me the wattage I could use.
Wish i had been that smart. Lol

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I think mudflaps should at least be offered, they make a huge difference in keeping the sides clean in daily driving (and eliminating rock chips on the hinges, though it's a jeep so don't really care about that part). I installed them and my kids no longer get dirty climbing in and out. I think not offering a factory optional winch is a missed opportunity as tons of people, especially Rubicon owners, install one right away. Sunrider would also be nice from the factory instead of freedom tops, which even though way easier than jk units are still a pita compared to the sunrider. Otherwise they thought of nearly everything.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I think mudflaps should at least be offered, they make a huge difference in keeping the sides clean in daily driving (and eliminating rock chips on the hinges, though it's a jeep so don't really care about that part). I installed them and my kids no longer get dirty climbing in and out. I think not offering a factory optional winch is a missed opportunity as tons of people, especially Rubicon owners, install one right away. Sunrider would also be nice from the factory instead of freedom tops, which even though way easier than jk units are still a pita compared to the sunrider. Otherwise they thought of nearly everything.
When building my truck I was given an option for rear mudflaps but they were about as much as buying 4.

Last edited: