Sponsored

What is the most important accessory for your Gladiator?

What is the most important accessory for your Gladiator?

• Tonneau Cover

Votes: 90 55.6%
  • Running Boards/Nerf Bars

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Wheels

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • Lighting

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Interior Protection (Seat Covers, Floor Liners, etc.)

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Cargo Management

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Performance (Air Intakes, Exhausts, Tuners, etc.)

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels are strictly opinion, appearance things in most cases.
Performance? As a former tech myself, there's little that can be bolted on simply that truly adds performance beyond the whiz-bang cool factor and peers saying "hey, that's cool".
Tuner - depends.......... on what it really does, and proven results.
If I could plug in a new PCM and dyno prove xx added HP and/or 3 mpg better economy, I'd consider that, but little else is worth the tiny gains on today's extreme engineered vehicles.
Oddly, and the opposite of the Jeep engine I put into my car, this truck does better on MPG and performance with warmer air - over 50, my other engine actually does far better with humid cool air in the 40s, you can feel it.

I go for practical, useful things - that make my truck better as a truck and more useful, and also to increase the life - like protection products (keep my windshield clean or free from chips and cracks is an area of interest BUGS stick like glue to these things)
I haul stuff - so I added rails so I can easily strap things in, secure the load, I added a ladder to the tailgate (at my wife's suggestion, I'm not getting younger).
For me, it's a truck, not just a fun vehicle, so I look for practical, things that make it a more useful truck, to make loading and unloading and strapping in easier, getting in and out easier (cab and rear!).

Interior storage in these things is very lacking, so I've added "cubbies", things that will hold other things inside. Always looking for ways to organize the under and behind rear seat storage, what little there is.

For my Grand Cherokees, I've always been a huge fan of the Weathertech stuff - mats, especially cargo area mats, etc. I like pulling the mats out when it's trade time and showing off the perfect clean and wear-free floors. Worth their weight for sure.

Maybe add cell phone mounts, tablet mounts.......... better mirrors or doors-off mirrors.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
My tonneau cover is on order. That will be essential for taking trips, which I'll be doing this summer.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I live in bear country, and Jeep doors of this generation are very bear friendly (easy for them to open). I also have a toddler. When bears get trapped in cars, they panic and wreck up the joint in a furry hurry (plenty of videos on the interwebs about this). No food is allowed in any of our cars, but sometimes tasty smelling toddler squeezings occur from the mouthal area. The ability to remove and wash seat covers and hose out floors is pretty critical. Especially with soft tops, partial/absent doors, etc. I'm fully aware this isn't much of a consideration for 99-and-lotsa-nines percent of people, but that's my situation. Seat covers are ordered at the same time as the truck, go on day one (in the rear at least), and carpet replacement follows as soon as practicable afterward (owing to the more significant time requirement).

After that, it's a truck, so cargo management (topper, ties downs).

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
The most important for me was the wheel and tire combo that necessitated a suspension change as well. It gave the Jeep the performance it's name suggests, and completely changed everything about the truck aesthetically as well.

However, when I hear "accessory" I don't think of something that's an integral part of the vehicle that it could not operate without, so the most important to me has been the sunshade I put on. It allows the open-air feeling with some wind blocking and a lot of sun blocking. Living in the desert, that gives me weeks if not months more top off time

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
side mount bike rack that still allows for tonneau cover use

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
with Jeeps there is just not one thing, but several that are important.

Bruce

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
with Jeeps there is just not one thing, but several that are important.

Bruce
That's why I am loving this feedback you all are giving me!
I run a few forums and every group has different needs, as I am slightly familiar with Jeeps I love seeing what products you all are bringing up.
Sponsored