Sponsored

Whats with the package add ons ?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Thanks yall, appreciate the help...i will sort it out
The dealer most likely added some additional options that you did not. Take a look at each build.

Most dealers always try to add back in the destination charge even though it is part of the MSRP
Sponsored

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
The dealer most likely added some additional options that you did not. Take a look at each build.

Most dealers always try to add back in the destination charge even though it is part of the MSRP
Ok one more question then im good for a min...The MSRP is the base price before options? Or base plus destination....then you build on options

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
So i build a Willys on the web site, pick my options, drive train etc. Get the dealer to look it over and they add in a 26W package to the tune if $6k. So the web site is shite? It shows the base price for each model, but theres a unknown charge not being shown?? WTF?? $6k is a significant upcharge. Already getting raped on the diesel option....so building on the website is a joke then...
There are 2 Willy's options. Willy's Sport and Willy's.
The Willy's sport is based off of a Sport Gladiator. It is the K package (23k for the gas manual, 24k for the gas automatic, 26k for the diesel. )
The Willy's is based off of a Sport S Gladiator. It is the W package (23w for the gas manual, 24w for the gas automatic, 26w for the diesel)
If you're dealer is pricing out a 26w for you it sounds like they might have thought you wanted a Sport S Willy's instead of a Sport Willy's.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
There are 2 Willy's options. Willy's Sport and Willy's.
The Willy's sport is based off of a Sport Gladiator. It is the K package (23k for the gas manual, 24k for the gas automatic, 26k for the diesel. )
The Willy's is based off of a Sport S Gladiator. It is the W package (23w for the gas manual, 24w for the gas automatic, 26w for the diesel)
If you're dealer is pricing out a 26w for you it sounds like they might have thought you wanted a Sport S Willy's instead of a Sport Willy's.
So if the 26W package is there then it includes the diesel, certainly some decals and wheels/tires dont cost $6k

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
So if the 26W package is there then it includes the diesel, certainly some decals and wheels/tires dont cost $6k
Correct. The difference between a Sport and Sport S do.
Sport starts at $33,565
Sport S starts at $38,400
Willys Sport starts at $35,510
Willys starts at $39,505

You're paying for things like power windows and locks. A Sport Gladiator is a base model. The Sport S has more creature comforts.
It sounds like you priced out the base Willy's sport and the dealer priced out the next model up, the Willy's.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
26W is a Diesel Willys. There’s nothing shady or frivolous about it. $6000 for diesel, $6145 for willys- puts you at $45,860 before you checked any other boxes.
you said you picked the 8.4” radio- that forced the Alpine premium sound and together adds $2990.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
didnt add large screen or premium sound, what i didnt realize was it starts w a sport and gets add ons to make it something else. i thot the willys was a stand alone model like a rubicon or overlander. you dont start w a sport to build a rubicon do you??

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer price sheet looked almost exactly like the jeep website for build pricing (with out website savings). Building off the lower models is usually more expensive that taking a higher model as it is with the extra add ons.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I wonder if the $6k comes from adding the diesel ($4k) and automatic transmission ($2k)?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
My dealer price sheet looked almost exactly like the jeep website for build pricing (with out website savings). Building off the lower models is usually more expensive that taking a higher model as it is with the extra add ons.
Ok, im going to research w a forum dealer and get it all on paper...appreciate all the input

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
@mrmo, the easiest way for you to understand what is happening is to take a look at the google sheet in this stickied thread. It will show you every model, option and package - including the 3-letter codes for it. This is a much better reference than the build tool and using it should show you if and where the dealer is trying to screw you.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
When I ordered mine I had several dealers tell me that FCA required the factory bedliner and headliner. That’s why I ended up ordering through one of the sponsors and driving a bit. They do it to muddy the price discussion so you’re not dealing with straight numbers.
Sponsored