Sponsored

Where did you WHEEL your Gladiator today?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Schubarth OHV Trail. First off ..... I need to do better at photos. When we do the cool stuff I am too busy driving.
Decent trail, most of it can be done in 2wd. Some technical sections the deeper in you get.
Very sandy. I think I should have aired down. Some great narrow sections in between glacial boulders. Pretty views of Pikes Peak and The Air Force Academy. Lots of private land, so stay on the trail. I did not know the trail well. Got far in and got to a section where it was not marked correctly and I opted to just drive back out the way I came. I may try it in reverse this week and see about linking it up. Decently fun. Lots of off camber and interesting sections. I even scraped a tiny bit on some sand. Went over a roller too fast... I'd call it a nice shake down trail. Nothing crazy but a chance to get out and wheel. Ran into a guy in a lifted Wrangler taking his buddy out in a new to him jeep for a shakedown. Comment was.... "I don't like Gladiators....but yours looks good." :like:

Jeep Gladiator Where did you WHEEL your Gladiator today? E9CAD63A-1893-4752-AF6A-3CE97473C887

Jeep Gladiator Where did you WHEEL your Gladiator today? 53E218E1-0A1B-4A19-BAF9-7D531A6D9108

Jeep Gladiator Where did you WHEEL your Gladiator today? DC4D1386-F87B-46F4-8D6D-F133A7108A38
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That is AWESOME! What happens when someone comes THE OTHER WAY!?
Someone has to pull over. And back up, if necessary. General rule is uphill travelers have right of way (because it's easier to get going downhill). There are exceptions, though, so check rules from managing agency for your route before traveling. Ophir Pass is one such exception. Common sense and negotiation come into play. Folks towing trailers are given some latitude, for example. CB channel 4 (for off-road play areas) or 19 (for areas involving commercial truckers) may prove useful in these situations.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Was going to drive out to Knik glacier Alaska, but the water level is still too high... for me. Maybe I'll order that snorkel now
Jeep Gladiator Where did you WHEEL your Gladiator today? 20200708_155416
Limiting factor isn't so much the intake, but the breather hoses for the diffs. Thats why the truck is rated at up to 30". Shouldn't be difficult to extend the breathers safely tho

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Limiting factor isn't so much the intake, but the breather hoses for the diffs. Thats why the truck is rated at up to 30". Shouldn't be difficult to extend the breathers safely tho
I wonder about the opening on the grille also anyone doing something about that part of the air box??

Sponsored

granpappygd

First Name
GranPappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport
Occupation
trying to survive the madness
Looks great. Mind sharing where you were? Even a general location, if this is some secret place. That's what this thread is about.
EAST END Long GUYland :sun:

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I wonder about the opening on the grille also anyone doing something about that part of the air box??
I think u gotta pull some serious vacuum (high rpms over period of time) to really worry. The other opening to the box is a lil higher. So long as you aren't up to or beyond top of fender, should be mostly OK.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Took it up the Rock Garden ascent up Thunder Mountain. It's part of the pipeline trail near Mountain WI. My wife did duty catching the in cab video.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I do curse a couple times, the loggers really pissed me off what they did to my buddy's property. That road was just fine for 20 years, and they came in, and cut, and all of sudden it's trashed the following year of good rain.

Sponsored