Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Fair. My point is just that towing a single with the Jt isnt as much of a nightmare scenario as people make it sound. If the op is stressing over single v/s double he may be better off with the single within his weight range as apposed to a double at the top of his range
And that definitely makes sense. That's what I did when I had my 91 or whatever it was Cherokee Sport.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™d tow it but like others have mentioned, you really have to take in consideration the frontal and side area for winds.

Also, assuming you plan to tow this trailer through the mountains (which are just a couple of hundred miles northwest of Charleston for those who donā€™t know), the power delivery from the Jeep through those beautiful, steep Blue Ridge mountain roads could be an issue. If no mountains, then hell yea go for it.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
2104s?

GVWR 6774.

You are looking at a smaller unit (good!), slide is centered on the axles, good, looks like a nice little unit.

If your stock, no lift, no 37's etc then yes I would tow that trailer with your ride.

You will need to be mindfule your trucks payload, keep things in the trailer vs the bed. The trailer weight, you, wife and stuff you'll run out of payload fairly quickly.

2021 Rockwood mini lite
SPECIFICATIONS
Hitch Weight:614 lb. UVW4,841 lb. CCC1,933 lb. Exterior Length:22' 4" Exterior Height:10' 11" Exterior Width:96" Fresh Water:52.00 gal. Gray Water:30.00 gal. Black Water:30.00 gal. Awning Size:15'

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I, like many of us want the experience of places like say... Yosemite. I have had trailers, had campers, had tents, and this is the best trailer I ever towed there.

I like many of us appreciate places like Yosemite National Park. I have had trailers, campers, motor homes, and tent trailers... and this is the best trailer I ever towed to Yosemite.......

Hotel.jpg
which one would that be again?

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
OP, really not enough information to give you an answer.

What trailer are you looking at?
What physical size is it? Long, width?
What are it's gvwr numbers?

A 7000 pound loaded 7' wide 16' long box trailer will be different than a 28' long 8' wide travel trailer of the same weight.

A 5100 pound "dry" rv with a gvwr of 7500 pounds will probably hit the road at over 6k, if not 6500 pounds. People under estimate the weight of accessories they buy with the trailer and the things they load on to it.

In short unless we know what you're looking at we can't help.

My .02$ and you get what you pay for:
90% of the folks towing with the glad are over loaded. They have 35-37" 2" lifts pulling 25'+ long 8' wide trailers.

All say pulls great!. With them tools, stuff trailer they are all over loaded on payload and tow rating.

The guys pulling 20' or less 7' wide trailers with Max Tow package (really the pay load is what you are after) with out lift kits are probably the ones you want to emulate.

My rig is a 16' small RV that is 7' wide 4k dry 5-5.5k with me set for camping. I chose it for those specific reasons.
I would imagine that even if your 8' that as long as you don't get too long or heavy you'll be ok?? maybe lose some mpg and upper end mobility??

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
There is a frontal area restriction in the spec sheet. Al I can say.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
OP