First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
Thanks for the post. I actually ordered the 3001 just befor the stocks were depleted. So I am very interested in get this radio.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Sons football game is soon so I had to quickly throw everything back together. Stopping point until probably Sunday. Here is whats left:

1. Figuring out that two pin wire that goes to nothing.
2. Figuring out how to wire the 3 extra cameras.
3. Getting the car to shut off when the doors are not attached.
4. Figuring out why my reverse camera is sometimes black and white now for no apparent reason.
5. Finishing installing the JBL 3.5s in the dash and the Kappas in the sound bar. Wire them to the other amp.
6. Get the car detailed, haha

Things I have noticed:
1. Stereo seems much louder. I have only changed out 1 speaker to this point, so Its not that. but completely naked and cruising at 40mph, I only had the volume maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of the way up. It was plenty loud. In the old system once you started pushing highway speeds the volume had to be at 100%.
2. The screen seems brighter, I drove with doors/top off for a quick minute and I was able to read it. @willys 41 Ill update when I have time to test it more thoroughly.
3. Its much faster
4. Its much, much faster. Especially getting to the app menu and changing stuff.
5. Its crazy how much faster and smoother it is. I always thought my last one was maybe defective because things like hooking up to the hotspot and loading spotify was a chore, so I just used Android Auto. This one boots and is playing spotify in about the same time it take my garage door to open.
6. The menus are way different and I havent had time to figure them out - for example, the EQ on the last one had a separate sub controller. This one doesnt, which isnt really an issue because of the amp controller, but still.
7. I dont know how to do some things and there isnt much documentation on "how to". Thats kind of annoying. For all the nice things about IA - it kinda sucks to be guinea pigging the instruction manual. So thats a knock on the product launch.

All in all I am happy. It does seem like a real upgrade from the JL3001 (so far!). Its going to be a learning curve, and I will keep updating the thread, but it will probably be next week before I figure out all the kinks and finish the install properly.

Jeep Gladiator Insane Audio JL4001 20221014_162839

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Biggest take away from the JL3001 to the JL4001, in my opinion, is the UI feels like a 2022 product. I think the best way to explain it is like using a brand new android phone vs a phone thats maybe 3-4 years old. When you had the old phone it was fine, but when you got the new one, you experienced that "wow, this is faster, smoother, prettier, and better optimized for my uses".

It also has wireless car play listed in the menu, but as I dont have any apple products, I cant test that for you guys. Ive just been using hotspot, and man is it fast. I remote started my car last night after my sons game and by the time I got to the car it was already jamming spotify. The JL3001 never did that.

Angry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
The device has wireless carplay listed in the operating system menu? Is it the manual also? I’d like to try one of these out but no wireless Carplay and no provision for hardwired XM are holding me back. Do you use XM?

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
The device has wireless carplay listed in the operating system menu? Is it the manual also? I’d like to try one of these out but no wireless Carplay and no provision for hardwired XM are holding me back. Do you use XM?
I use spotify 99% of the time. Dont really use anything else. Not sure why you couldnt get an XM app and hotspot, or a USB or AUX XM device and connect it.

Sponsored

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Machinist / Auto Technician
Matt
I see you have not removed the protective film
That reflection that I see on the right side of the screen ( house window) is what I see on the JL3001 mostly when my wife is wearing white
Its a mirror image of her sitting in the passenger seat and that's mostly what I see
Before I put out $1500 I would really like to know if this screen issue has been improved
Soon I will post 3 pictures of the screen under different condition so you can see problem
Thanks for you help
Larry

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Sons football game is soon so I had to quickly throw everything back together. Stopping point until probably Sunday. Here is whats left:

1. Figuring out that two pin wire that goes to nothing.
2. Figuring out how to wire the 3 extra cameras.
3. Getting the car to shut off when the doors are not attached.
4. Figuring out why my reverse camera is sometimes black and white now for no apparent reason.
5. Finishing installing the JBL 3.5s in the dash and the Kappas in the sound bar. Wire them to the other amp.
6. Get the car detailed, haha

Things I have noticed:
1. Stereo seems much louder. I have only changed out 1 speaker to this point, so Its not that. but completely naked and cruising at 40mph, I only had the volume maybe 1/3 - 1/2 of the way up. It was plenty loud. In the old system once you started pushing highway speeds the volume had to be at 100%.
2. The screen seems brighter, I drove with doors/top off for a quick minute and I was able to read it. @willys 41 Ill update when I have time to test it more thoroughly.
3. Its much faster
4. Its much, much faster. Especially getting to the app menu and changing stuff.
5. Its crazy how much faster and smoother it is. I always thought my last one was maybe defective because things like hooking up to the hotspot and loading spotify was a chore, so I just used Android Auto. This one boots and is playing spotify in about the same time it take my garage door to open.
6. The menus are way different and I havent had time to figure them out - for example, the EQ on the last one had a separate sub controller. This one doesnt, which isnt really an issue because of the amp controller, but still.
7. I dont know how to do some things and there isnt much documentation on "how to". Thats kind of annoying. For all the nice things about IA - it kinda sucks to be guinea pigging the instruction manual. So thats a knock on the product launch.

All in all I am happy. It does seem like a real upgrade from the JL3001 (so far!). Its going to be a learning curve, and I will keep updating the thread, but it will probably be next week before I figure out all the kinks and finish the install properly.

Jeep Gladiator Insane Audio JL4001 20221014_162839
Thanks for running through all of this, very helpful as their page for the 4001 is worthless lol...

I had a couple of questions if you don't mind;

Does the screen auto dim with the dash? The 3001 doesn't do it very well. I have to turn the display brightness all the way up during the day and down at night. There isn't much difference in high to low brightness either.

How is the vehicle integration? The vehicle menu settings in the 3001 aren't great... I was also wondering if you retain the compass and audio info in the dash? Not a deal breaker, but with the 3001 you lose those..

Thanks!

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
That's another complaint I brought up with IA about the JL3001
The screen is to bright at night even on lowest setting and I have to turn it off
I told IA that this is dangerous and someone crossing the street is going to get hit because you are blinded by the screen
I have sent IA so many complaints about the screen that I can't remember them all
Hopefully they where listing and corrected the screen issues on the JL4001
Thant's what I am trying to find out before I replace my JL3001 with the JL4001

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Here is some pictures of the JL3001 under different conditions
As you can see the refection can be very unreadable
This is with the best anti glare fill I can find
I am hopping that the JL4001 has a much better screen
On my other Wrangler with the factory 8.4 there is no issue with glare

JL3001 (1).JPG

JL3001 (2).JPG

JL3001 (3).JPG

JL3001 (4).JPG

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
The device has wireless carplay listed in the operating system menu? Is it the manual also?
As far as I know, there is no manual outside of the installation guide. I have asked IA to come answer the questions in this thread.

Matt
I see you have not removed the protective film
That reflection that I see on the right side of the screen ( house window) is what I see on the JL3001 mostly when my wife is wearing white
Its a mirror image of her sitting in the passenger seat and that's mostly what I see
Before I put out $1500 I would really like to know if this screen issue has been improved
Soon I will post 3 pictures of the screen under different condition so you can see problem
Thanks for you help
Larry
Film is still on because I havent had a chance to finish the install. I quickly threw everything together last weekend, but need to finish working on the wiring for the cameras and what not so the unit is getting pulled again soon.

Thanks for running through all of this, very helpful as their page for the 4001 is worthless lol...

I had a couple of questions if you don't mind;

Does the screen auto dim with the dash? The 3001 doesn't do it very well. I have to turn the display brightness all the way up during the day and down at night. There isn't much difference in high to low brightness either.

How is the vehicle integration? The vehicle menu settings in the 3001 aren't great... I was also wondering if you retain the compass and audio info in the dash? Not a deal breaker, but with the 3001 you lose those..

Thanks!

1. I dont know, I have been super busy. Hopefully IA creates an account and answers these questions

2. The integration seems to be flawless and the menus are definitely updated/more attractive. Ill look for the compass, but there is a huge one on the home screen of the JL4001. It probably takes up ~30% of the screen.

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
2. The integration seems to be flawless and the menus are definitely updated/more attractive. Ill look for the compass, but there is a huge one on the home screen of the JL4001. It probably takes up ~30% of the screen.
Appreciate the response.

A compass on the 4001 will work for me just fine. I would have liked that option for the 3001 but the GPS antenna that comes with it does not have a compass built in, so I couldn't get that to work.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Im liking this newer version too. Right now the 7inch stocker is doing ok, using iHeart radio app to get what I want when traveling, and the plug in for android auto is not a prob, do it now and it keeps the phone topped off. Im about over it with the Sat radio rip off crap...so not a required need. If the budget keeper lets me I may go for one.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I'm very curious how this works out long term. I had a bunch of bugs on my 3001, then they swapped it with another 3001 and my audio quality went to shit and back up camera stopped working. Then it started crashing after 5 hours of driving. I returned it and got my money back. I was really bummed because I loved the concept, but too many software issues. Also noticed it was hot AF when it started crashing which tells me cooling issues.

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
I only had one problem with the 3001
The back up camera would not come on
They told me how to get into factory settings and turn it on and that fixed it
I replace the 3001 with the 4001 last week
The 4001 works great better screen easier to see in sun light put there are a few issues that they are working on
1. All the jeep factory settings in the radio will not save . It is not communicating with the jeep
They have a software update coming out soon to fix this and other issues
2. In rock cam mode forward camera is in color rear camera is black and white
3. I do not use the iGo GPS that came with the radio (IT SUCKS) put I notice that most after market radios use iGo GPS
What I use is a 7in. Garmin mounted just above the radio put now this is an issue
The Garmin will not acquire the satellites when mounted above the radio put will if move away from the radio
I will be working on these issues and waiting for the updates
I think the JL3001 and JL4001 are the best radios on the market
You do not need to pair your phone to use these radios . All apps are in the radio
All you need is WiFi and I have a dedicated computer hot spot mounted in the jeep
Start the Jeep and I am ready to go
I will keep you updated on the JL4001 and if the issues get solved

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I did not realize this thread was here. Glad I found it.

I have the 3001 as well, had to return it due to it just shutting down completely. Havent used it since July 1st since my JT has been in the body shop since then...

But if I have the same issues I am definitely going to look into updating to this. There is no way I would get a Stinger as it looks like shit, and has no IP Rating. The other option we have is the alpine, currently at $2,400.00 and im not paying that for a head unit.

@Matts4313 I see that on their website they state "wifi". Do you happen to know if this means it has the capabilities for wifi or does it COME with wifi? Does it also come with the option of the multiple USB ports to place in the glovebox? THe usb ports is not a make or break, but has been nice.
Sponsored