Insane Audio JL4001

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Read and clear engine codes is intriguing as well. Imagine if they partnered with Tazer.
Sponsored

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Machinist / Auto Technician
Yes
You can download offline maps
I also ask if they could get together with Tazer and they said they would look into it

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
i'm just woried about the unit overheating and shutting down on me again. I'm in the California desert a lot, and I dont want to relive the mess I went through last time of having to reboot it multiple times while in the middle of a 50+ mile off road trail.

Does the 4001 run noticibly cooler? I think the problem on the 3001 was the screen was so bright it generated a lot of heat.

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
At this point I do not Know
I have only had the 4001 in for 200 miles
Put I never had a problem with the 3001

ChadM

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Geek
Thanks for all the info so far! I've had my JL3001 for a while now, and like most of you are bugged by the same things slow ux, too bright at night, not bright enough during the day. The faster ux would be enough for me, but with a possibly better screen I am sold.

So merry christmas to me I did their trade up and shipped my 3001 back to them earlier this week and should have my jl4001 soon'ish (hopefully) since I didn't want to put my old 5" uconnect 3 garbage back in im just driving around without anything.

Side note for anyone that was having issues turning on their hotspot, i use this free app to have my phone enable the hotspot as soon as the BT connects.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.christian_heinisch.hotspot.enablehotspot&gl=US
Jeep Gladiator Insane Audio JL4001 Screenshot 2022-12-02 181709

Sponsored

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
They had a trade up program?
I was not aware if this
How much did they give you for the 3001

ChadM

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Geek
They really are handling this product launch in the worst way possible, still not a single youtube video showing it in action.

Attaching the form I got when i contacted support asking about the trade up. I also emailed them as soon as the fedex tracking showed they received it and signed for it - with all the fedex tracking links and images of their signatures. Then they opened a case # in their system and sent me a special-order link for the JL4001 for $850. Still more than I wanted to spend, but my 3000 series was driving me nuts. I do not feel like they would have acted on it as quickly if I didn't send them the email that the ball was in their court.

the email content I recieved when asking about the trade up:

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Insane Audio! With Insane Audio, you get lifetime technical support and a company that stands behind everything we build 100%. You have come to the right place, we're always here to help you!

That said, yes, we do have an Upgrade Program! You can trade in your JL3001 Head Unit and upgrade to the JL4001 for a heavily discounted price! You'll find our Upgrade Form attached to this email.

The 4000 series is a whole new Head Unit with added features and better hardware. It's a physical as well as a software upgrade of the JL and JK series. This unit will be more reliable and have better quality overall. We're super excited for our customers to rock out on the newer models! We have also attached a file to this email that shows the awesome new specs and features of the new JL and JK units!

Also, please find the additional attachment to see what new Insane and Awesome specs come with the new 4000 Series units.

We hope this information helps! Let us know how you would like to proceed so we can assist accordingly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

Visit us on the web: insaneaudio.com
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/insanejeepaudio
Join the Insane Audio community: insaneaudio.com/forum

Attachments

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
I paid $1349 delivered for my 4001 from PVE Offroad
I think I can get $600 for the 3001

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
I think my 2018 Rubicon factory 8.4 radio just failed
At first I had to push the start button 2 times to get it to start and that went on for two days then my
radio went black. No radio at all
Ran a scan put nothing really pointed to any thing

Anybody have a problem like this
Next step pull out the radio and put in the JL3001 and see what happens

Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Can anyone comment on nighttime driving with this unit? Does it dim to a darker screen or is it distracting at night? My factory 7" is perfect in that aspect.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
I paid $1349 delivered for my 4001 from PVE Offroad
I think I can get $600 for the 3001
Would you mind making a brief video of the unit in operation, going through the various screens of the unit itself, independent of the Android apps that can be added to Android device?

Does the unit come with a GPS sensor onboard?

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Can anyone comment on nighttime driving with this unit? Does it dim to a darker screen or is it distracting at night? My factory 7" is perfect in that aspect.
Since it's a plug and play replacement, I would hope so, AND still function with the factory Screen Off button.
Great question.

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Yes it works with factory off screen button and all other factory buttons. A/C Heat / steering wheel

Here are the issues they are working on for me on the 4001
They said updates are coming to fix these issues

1 The clock on the dash cluster has change to 24 hour format needs to be 12 hour format put on the radio it is 12 hour format
2 back camera in rock cam mode is black and white no color. Front camera is color
3 home screen elevation in meters should be feet
4 Will not communicate and save jeep settings in car tuning

Right now I am having problems with my 2018 Rubicon Daily driver so I am not putting much attention in the 2020 Willys with the 4001

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
They really are handling this product launch in the worst way possible, still not a single youtube video showing it in action.

Attaching the form I got when i contacted support asking about the trade up. I also emailed them as soon as the fedex tracking showed they received it and signed for it - with all the fedex tracking links and images of their signatures. Then they opened a case # in their system and sent me a special-order link for the JL4001 for $850. Still more than I wanted to spend, but my 3000 series was driving me nuts. I do not feel like they would have acted on it as quickly if I didn't send them the email that the ball was in their court.

the email content I recieved when asking about the trade up:
Thanks for getting back to us with the details on this. I really appreciate it.

I am interested in the trade up for sure, but yea.. the launch has been a total mess, and Im gonna need the 4001 in front of me before I go removing the 3001 from the truck. Im gonna hold off and wait for more reviews / development and weigh my options next year, see if they have worked out the kinks and improved the trade up process. Seems like they may have new management trying to get their ducks in a row still.
Sponsored