Sponsored

June 2019 Gladiator Sales Report (US and Canada)

Mike550

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4X4, 2007 Porsche Cayman, 2012 Porsche Cayenne
The Gladiators are selling like warm cakes. I’m still holding out for the Tread Lightly Discount any any other incentives that materialize by then.

UNITED STATES

FCA Reports June 2019 U.S. Sales
  • FCA US reports best June retail sales in 18 years; best total sales in 14 years
  • Ram pickup trucks notch record as sales jump 56 percent to 68,098 vehicles sold
  • Jeep® Gladiator captures an estimated 7 percent of the mid-sized truck market in its first full month in dealerships
  • Dodge Charger posts highest June sales in 12 years
  • FCA ends monthly sales reporting; first quarterly report to occur Oct. 1
July 2, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reported its best June in 14 years as total sales climbed 2 percent to 206,083 vehicles, driven by Ram pickup trucks which had its highest month of sales since the brand was detached from Dodge and launched as a standalone division in 2009.

Sales of Ram pickups for June rose 56 percent to 68,098 vehicles. For the quarter, Ram pickup truck sales finished at 179,454 vehicles.

Jeep® Gladiator sales reached 4,231 vehicles sold, which helped the nameplate capture an estimated 7 percent of the mid-sized truck market after only one full month on dealership lots.

The Dodge Charger also reached its highest level since 2007 with sales of 9,034 vehicles.

Overall, June retail sales for FCA US hit the highest level in 18 years with 156,588 vehicles sold. Fleet sales totaled 49,495 vehicles and accounted for 24 percent of total sales.

"For the first-half of 2019, Ram has been on a tear since we made the strategic decision to enter the year with a three-truck strategy. The new Ram 1500, Ram Classic and Heavy Duty are all generating a huge response from customers and critics alike,” Head of U.S. Sales Reid Bigland said. “This is now the third month Ram pickup sales have surpassed 60,000 since December. Our dealers had a steady stream of customers all month long.”

June results also mark the end of monthly sales reporting by FCA US LLC. The first quarterly sales report will occur on Oct. 1, covering the months of July, August and September.

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

jeep-wrangler-sales-figure-stats-june-2019-jpg.jpg

CANADA

FCA Canada Reports 2019 June Sales
  • June record sales for Ram Heavy Duty (HD), up 158 per cent
  • June record for Jeep ® Grand Cherokee, up 34 per cent
  • June record for Jeep Wrangler, up 21 per cent
  • Sales of Dodge Grand Caravan up 14 per cent in June
July 3, 2019 , Windsor, Ontario - FCA Canada today reported June 2019 sales of 21,566.

"June sales year-over-year saw solid increases from both the Ram and Jeep® brands," FCA Canada President and CEO Reid Bigland said. "The highly-anticipated Jeep Gladiator pickup and new Ram Heavy Duty continue to arrive in Canadian dealerships and are resonating well with consumers."

Sales Highlights
Ram brand sales were up 7 per cent compared with sales from June 2018. Within the brand, Ram HD saw the largest increase with 2,683 sales, an increase of 158 per cent over the same month of the prior year.

Jeep brand sales were up 1 per cent this month, compared with the year prior. Jeep Wrangler set a June record with 2,497 sales, a 21 per cent boost from the same month of 2018. Calendar year-to-date, Jeep Grand Cherokee has achieved record sales and set a June record with 1,629 sales, an increase of 34 per cent over the same month last year. Jeep Compass saw an increase of 25 per cent with 611 sales. The all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator, the most capable midsize truck ever, recorded 278 sales in June.

Dodge Grand Caravan sales were up 14 per cent with 2,744 sales.

screen-shot-2019-07-03-at-11-16-46-am-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
7200 ytd sux
Does it though? I dont know but the numbers seem decent??? It may not be a full 2 months of sales yet so time will tell.

Besides, us early adopters can enjoy a little exclusivity until things ramp up!

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I think the Tacoma sold 23k in May - don’t know what they sold in June, yet. I am curious to see if Jeep throws some dealer incentives out there soon to be able to compete.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
IIRC, FCA only said they had manufacturing capacity for 100K Gladiators a year. So they never expect anything like the RAM and Wrangler sales numbers. I think once the more moderate priced base Sport and Sport S models hit the market in quantity and the dealers let off the crack head pricing mark ups, sales will pick up.

I think if they hit anything above 70K sold units by the end of the calendar year, they will be doing fine.

Sponsored

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
For the love...how is Fiat and Alfa still around!

I think it will take a couple more months (if not more) to determine if Gladiator sales are good or bad. It did out sell the Honda Ridgeline...that's something (kinda)....but damn the Rubicon models are pricey.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
For the love...how is Fiat and Alfa still around!

I think it will take a couple more months (if not more) to determine if Gladiator sales are good or bad. It did out sell the Honda Ridgeline...that's something (kinda)....but damn the Rubicon models are pricey.
Doesn't take much to out sell the Ridgeline :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Does it though? I dont know but the numbers seem decent??? It may not be a full 2 months of sales yet so time will tell.

Besides, us early adopters can enjoy a little exclusivity until things ramp up!

Didn't LE orders start on 4/4? So June should be the 2nd full month of sales. Sales only 4231 for the whole month... at that rate they will barely break 50k in 12 months.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
LE orders did start 4/4, but a Jeep isn't "sold" until the paperwork is signed. So realistically, there are only about six weeks of Gladiator sales recorded here. Over 7,000 units in six weeks is pretty darned good. I still have only seen one other Gladiator on the road in central KY. Once dealerships start getting better inventory sales will go up even more.

The mid-size truck market is a very odd market. Out of all the trucks competing in this segment, the second worst truck is the leading seller. The two newest and best entries in the segment are among the worst sellers. It's very odd. As an automaker, it can be tricky to gauge what you need to do to be competitive in this segment because buyers are so....odd.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
LE orders did start 4/4, but a Jeep isn't "sold" until the paperwork is signed. So realistically, there are only about six weeks of Gladiator sales recorded here. Over 7,000 units in six weeks is pretty darned good. I still have only seen one other Gladiator on the road in central KY. Once dealerships start getting better inventory sales will go up even more.

The mid-size truck market is a very odd market. Out of all the trucks competing in this segment, the second worst truck is the leading seller. The two newest and best entries in the segment are among the worst sellers. It's very odd. As an automaker, it can be tricky to gauge what you need to do to be competitive in this segment because buyers are so....odd.
Not to mention that the other colors haven't become available yet. I've seen numerous people waiting on the Gator and Gobi's to be released. also a lot of people aren't ordering due to some parts/items not being available yet. IE: matching hard tops/fenders, etc. Plus, Gladiators are new to a lot of areas so not everyone has seen them out on the roads yet and that hasn't helped ramp up sales. Def time will tell.

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator

For reporting purposes, a vehicle isn't sold until the customer takes delivery. I'd be curious how many orders they have, because mine is on order and all the parts are assembled (D1); waiting to be built and told I could have another 20 days. The line is working at capacity.I'm not sure the sales numbers tell the complete picture

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I think October will be the first month where all colors are in dealers and all LE have been delivered, so that is likely the first real month to judge.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
My dealership only got 3 of the 7 they were expecting in June. the other 4 are delayed with mine being here end of week. Not that many coming on lots yet. ANd wait for the new colors other than red, white, black and silver.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JK Golden Eagle
Not to mention that the other colors haven't become available yet. I've seen numerous people waiting on the Gator and Gobi's to be released. also a lot of people aren't ordering due to some parts/items not being available yet. IE: matching hard tops/fenders, etc. Plus, Gladiators are new to a lot of areas so not everyone has seen them out on the roads yet and that hasn't helped ramp up sales. Def time will tell.
Im waiting on a trailer brake controller and GOBI.
Sponsored