Sponsored

Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Another neat thing about JT is that even if the AC is off, just turn the fan knob and it "knows" you must want air and turns it on for you. (Overland)
I don't know about the other trims, but my Overland with the 8.4 Uconnect always starts up with the Climate Control settings as they were when I last shut it off. I use the Remote Start so the cab is comfortable when I get in. There is a slight delay, as the Climate Control system doesn't seem to activate until the initial Uconnect startup process is complete.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
... with the 8.4 Uconnect always starts up with the Climate Control settings as they were when I last shut it off.
I believe you're right. If I could only remember to set it back to Max just before I shut down every time.

b02169

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You will likely never see that - they have to meet CAFE numbers and certain other restrictions somehow.
There's a city in MN that can ticket people for idling too long at a stop. And that's spreading around the country.
Odd that it's causing such frustration! Especially when it doesn't make the thing any less powerful or any slower.
I simply use my FOOT to control it and it only stops when I want it to, doesn't stop when I don't want it to. Light foot the brakes.
Disable the seatbelt chime and the auto stop/start is automatically disabled

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I found a utube video on it. Buckle seat belt push start with out touching brake. Un buckle and buckle seat belt 5 times push button to off. I didn't know that it disabled the auto start, I only thought it turned the seatbelt chime off. Went out and checked my truck and it appears to also disable the auto start.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well this thread lasted longer than one on Tacoma world where somebody got flamed pretty quickly.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/seats-uncomfortable.678966/
My answer to the "seats uncomfortable" bit like that thread implies would be -
There are as many body shapes and sizes as there are people in the world. Now, imagine an engineer attempting to make a seat that fits the majority of people - uh, what's the majority? So they have to experiement - of the people who buy THIS product, what is the average body size and shape - and let owners speak up. OK, new vehicle, who buys it, are they mostly 160 pound 5'5" guys with no butt, or are they, uh, well, more like me - 200 pounds (25 of those excess) bad back, bigger around the middle than some folks, or are they all linebackers?
They have to figure who will buy it, then figure the shape and size of those who buy it and go from there. There's science, but it's part guessing, too.
My silverado was not comfortable on long drives - yet most other owners seemed to love the seats.
My JT seats are great - there's only been one vehicle I've sat in that I'd say had perfect seats FOR ME - and it was a Ford SUV (can't recall the model, it was my wife's cousin's thing) Man, I sat in that and didn't want to get back out! Wish my chair in the house was that good.
If we all looked the same and had the same weight, shape and size - Jeep engineers would not be needed after the first year. And the world would be SO BORING........
I may change my mind later if I find my JT seats uncomfortable next week........ but for now.....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would say thats my # 1 problem. Nothing like in draining right all over you every time you open the door when its raining
That's a feature, not a flaw. People camping wanted an easier way to take a shower.
Solution, park with nose about 15 degrees up. Well, just an idea.....

But seriously, I've not noticed it yet - is that something that not everyone experiences? Or is it just that I'm already wet getting into the truck and those drops don't matter? Or that as exiting I'm blaming the water that gets on me on the fact it's raining as I get out?

So far I'd not consider that to be a problem on mine - so - are there some differences??? (it's a serious question, done being silly on it)

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
But seriously, I've not noticed it yet - is that something that not everyone experiences? Or is it just that I'm already wet getting into the truck and those drops don't matter? Or that as exiting I'm blaming the water that gets on me on the fact it's raining as I get out?

So far I'd not consider that to be a problem on mine - so - are there some differences??? (it's a serious question, done being silly on it)
I heard this complaint before, and asked what it meant. Still don't know.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I don't care for it dumping water inside of the truck, however if the drip rails were longer they would get broken when the panels were removed.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for it dumping water inside of the truck, however if the drip rails were longer they would get broken when the panels were removed.
That's the part I've not experienced. The most I've had would be a drop or two on the floor - but I can't say exactly where the drops came from because it was raining!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I found a utube video on it. Buckle seat belt push start with out touching brake. Un buckle and buckle seat belt 5 times push button to off. I didn't know that it disabled the auto start, I only thought it turned the seatbelt chime off. Went out and checked my truck and it appears to also disable the auto start.
Link?
I turned off the chime with 3 unbuckling, but haven't tried 5.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disable the seatbelt chime and the auto stop/start is automatically disabled
This is how I disabled the seatbelt chime. It did not disable stop/start.
Sponsored