First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm ready to go through this nightmare. My neighbor just had his 2021 JLUR done and wow, nice and tight.

I've got atleast a 2.5" dead spot and wandering. However the exact dealership that did his work turned away a lifted JT due to aftermarket upgrades... His JLUR has 3.5" MetalCloak gamechanger, falcon adjustable shocks and 37s. @JeepCares took care of him and his helping him with his wifes '21 JLUR as well.
Please send our team a PM if you would like support.

@ShadowsPapa - The TSB has been updated to now include an alignment. It has been replaced with a new TSB number. Please see top portion of the TSB below. The only change to the TSB is to give the vehicle an alignment after replacing the parts.
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1610589957099

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Please send our team a PM if you would like support.

@ShadowsPapa - The TSB has been updated to now include an alignment. It has been replaced with a new TSB number. Please see top portion of the TSB below. The only change to the TSB is to give the vehicle an alignment after replacing the parts.
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1610589957099

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
THANK YOU - can I take mine back and have that done since mine wasn't centered after the original TSB and it's tending to wander again.

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Got the call mine is in while the truck is already in the shop, which is nice. I was going to get an alignment anyways after the lift install, but now it should be covered right? Service tech did mention that if they have to adjust the camber, it isn't covered for the TSB.

Snoopy 2

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So my dealer told me that I can bring it in with a lift and 35s now and they will do it...so I guess its time to install the lift finally.
You gunna keep those Rubicon rims a wheels for recon or sell them?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
THANK YOU - can I take mine back and have that done since mine wasn't centered after the original TSB and it's tending to wander again.
Yes, we recommend returning to your dealer.

Got the call mine is in while the truck is already in the shop, which is nice. I was going to get an alignment anyways after the lift install, but now it should be covered right? Service tech did mention that if they have to adjust the camber, it isn't covered for the TSB.
Yes, the alignment is covered because it is included in the TSB.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Who can give us a whole printout of the new TSB?

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator-2019 wrangler unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with that.
Have been waiting almost 4 months for my steering box to come in. Dealer keeps saying they can't get the parts because they are a small dealer. Somebody is bullshitting somebody. I dont know who to believe

Sponsored

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
Have been waiting almost 4 months for my steering box to come in. Dealer keeps saying they can't get the parts because they are a small dealer. Somebody is bullshitting somebody. I dont know who to believe
I have been trying to get 2 dealers to fix a rear window problem for 4 months, jeepcares said one of the dealers has part, dealer has no clue what I am talking about ,other ordered it 3 months ago..never heard back...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dewey in Ankeny, Iowa, is a small dealer, too. You can walk across the lot in 60 seconds - but then that's one reason I like their shop - more personal than the huge guys in Des Moines. Anyway, my point is - and this MAY HAVE CHANGED! - they got my parts in a week, maybe 9 days. OF course that was last fall and things have changed, still - small shouldn't count against any dealer unless they are on the outs with FCA because of POOR survey ratings. I was told that DOES matter as they get dropped down a notch if they can't keep the survey positive numbers up.

I'd keep JeepCares involved, work with them and lay out facts and a timeline and if you haven't already, talk to the person at the dealership parts counter - all parts, for the customer or for the shop use, go through them and sometimes they know more.......... Ask nicely for some details.
4 months is stupid-crazy when others are getting it done in a month.

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator-2019 wrangler unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dewey in Ankeny, Iowa, is a small dealer, too. You can walk across the lot in 60 seconds - but then that's one reason I like their shop - more personal than the huge guys in Des Moines. Anyway, my point is - and this MAY HAVE CHANGED! - they got my parts in a week, maybe 9 days. OF course that was last fall and things have changed, still - small shouldn't count against any dealer unless they are on the outs with FCA because of POOR survey ratings. I was told that DOES matter as they get dropped down a notch if they can't keep the survey positive numbers up.

I'd keep JeepCares involved, work with them and lay out facts and a timeline and if you haven't already, talk to the person at the dealership parts counter - all parts, for the customer or for the shop use, go through them and sometimes they know more.......... Ask nicely for some details.
4 months is stupid-crazy when others are getting it done in a month.
I have talked to the parts manager on numerous occasions. Still get the same answer. How do I go about getting Jeep Cares involved? The dealership sounds like yours, can walk the lot in 60 seconds. Have been waiting to get mine done and see the results before getting my wife's JL done. It will be out of warranty at this rate.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I have talked to the parts manager on numerous occasions. Still get the same answer. How do I go about getting Jeep Cares involved? The dealership sounds like yours, can walk the lot in 60 seconds. Have been waiting to get mine done and see the results before getting my wife's JL done. It will be out of warranty at this rate.
Click the envelope icon to the right of your login name. Then address the PM to @JeepCares
I would also talk to the GM or owner of the dealership and convey to them what you see on the forum. If they are good they will help the parts guy expedite the parts order.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Along with what Pat2Alaska said you can hover over the JeepCares avatar/icon from their message and choose "start conversation".
(odd, I have no envelope next to my login name?)
Sponsored