First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Along with what Pat2Alaska said you can hover over the JeepCares avatar/icon from their message and choose "start conversation".
(odd, I have no envelope next to my login name?)
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1610642061030

This is the way mine looks.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Just another data point: I was at the dealer for the clutch recall and oil change and, with a copy of the TSB in hand, I also complained about the steering. They didn't bat an eye and said they would put me on the list for parts. They even documented my complaint on the invoice with a note "Customer states the steering has a constant need for correction. As advised, please order upated steering gear. CONFIRMED CONTANT NEED FOR CORRECTION, SPECIAL ORDER STEERING GEAR" (this was in all caps.) Below that was the entry for the part order.

I was pleased that it didn't take much convincing on my part, but I'm not going to hold my breath on when this happens. They said they got a bunch of parts in last month, but still were nowhere near caught up. Could only tell me NOT to expect it within the next couple months.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Dealer told me today that they cant order the part until 20 Feb or later and quote ā€œcannot guarantee we will honor the TSB if you lift itā€.

good grief. šŸ™„šŸ™„
If the dealer gives you a tough time because of your lift, please let us know and we will start a case for you.

How do I send a DM?
A couple forum members have answered, but if you still need assistance, let us know.

I have been trying to get 2 dealers to fix a rear window problem for 4 months, jeepcares said one of the dealers has part, dealer has no clue what I am talking about ,other ordered it 3 months ago..never heard back...
Please send us a DM with your case number so that we can look into an update for you.

Just another data point: I was at the dealer for the clutch recall and oil change and, with a copy of the TSB in hand, I also complained about the steering. They didn't bat an eye and said they would put me on the list for parts. They even documented my complaint on the invoice with a note "Customer states the steering has a constant need for correction. As advised, please order upated steering gear. CONFIRMED CONTANT NEED FOR CORRECTION, SPECIAL ORDER STEERING GEAR" (this was in all caps.) Below that was the entry for the part order.

I was pleased that it didn't take much convincing on my part, but I'm not going to hold my breath on when this happens. They said they got a bunch of parts in last month, but still were nowhere near caught up. Could only tell me NOT to expect it within the next couple months.
We can certainly look into parts support for you. Please send us a message to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Canā€™t find where this may have already been covered so I apologize if it has.
My steering had always been what I felt was normal. Have had mine since June 2019.

steering Is feeling much sloppier, and seems to pull left on warm day. My local dealer has done multiple TSB repairs for the gearbox issue.

mine has been converted to a 6.4L with a AMW4x4 kit. My dealer seems to be fine with that and is still willing to complete the TSB For free.

Question is, with a whole new reprogrammed computer by AMW4x4, will they still be able to compete this job as normal without flashing my computer or doing anything that will mess up the programming for the 6.4L?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
If the dealer gives you a tough time because of your lift, please let us know and we will start a case for you.

A couple forum members have answered, but if you still need assistance, let us know.

Please send us a DM with your case number so that we can look into an update for you.

We can certainly look into parts support for you. Please send us a message to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thanks Darlene. Much appreciated. šŸ‘Œ

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So this doesn't apply to 2021 models?
2021 models already have the latest/new steering gear and programming.
This TSB is only to take care of the issues with the aluminum housed steering gear used before August 14, 2020 - 2020 model year JT

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

Iā€™m #17 in line for the new steering box at my closest dealer...

Sponsored

livewire_3020

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
had my appointment last week, they came back half hour later saying they had bad news... parts wouldnt be in till end of february. i expected that going in after reading everyone else's experience and that parts are backordered... just glad im getting it fixed with no hastles since i am running 6 inch lift, 37s and aftermarket steering stabilizers

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Iā€™m at 26,000 miles and decided to get it done. It does wander and with wind can be a handful but every open top Jeep Iā€™ve owned has always done this. I am taking your word on this here so the Gladiator is dropped off to get the new steering box and reprogram in the am. Parts took 3 weeks to get. I canā€™t wait to see the difference.

My JT even has a friend to spend the night with.
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 8EED5CCC-12D7-4FB4-A6E1-3B0E53DEDAF8

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Looks like the techs forgot to refill my power steering fluid. Reservoir is bone dry now. Could have been that way since it started or a slow leak over the last 2-3 weeks.

I will have to go to the dealership first think in the morning to refill. Already have a 30/40k mile maintenance scheduled Tuesday so I will have them check for damage to the pump then

E3257749-9A24-45E5-9534-DF65CF8D8D7F.jpeg

F70BB43C-CBA3-40A5-8BB3-438ACA0EA437.jpeg

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
2021 models already have the latest/new steering gear and programming.
This TSB is only to take care of the issues with the aluminum housed steering gear used before August 14, 2020 - 2020 model year JT
Thanks.

Deleted member 30519

I rescheduled my appointment yesterday to next Friday. I'm happy after hearing now that they do an alignment with the tsb. I got a bad vibe from my dealer though when I initially called about it. They said it has to go through a series of tests before it can be approved for the tsb and then they would have to give me a loaner car while waiting for parts and its a half day of labor. I don't understand.. they changed all JL/JT steering gear boxes on all future models so that obviously proves they knew something was wrong so why do we have to fight just to get this done ?
Sponsored