Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I got the connectors to plug together, but as has already been stated the outer collar is the wrong size and thread.
Sponsored

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
It’s really unfortunate that we are the guinea pigs here. They should revise the design to address the compliants (harness length, harness relief, nipple issue) and send us all replacements.

also, I’m considering cancelling my preorder for flush tail lights.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Well, I've been traveling and just got back to my pile of boxes with lights and PnP harness awaiting. After reading of some of the issues, that seals my decision to wire direct to AUX switches and forgo the auto on in reverse (which, if the lights are as bright as they seem, may be good to not blind people unless needed). Plus, I get the benefit of on when parked at campsites for set up, etc. I have over 50 pages here to go over again, anyone happen to have saved a bookmark on someone with solid wiring experience and their plan?

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
After reading about the lack of strain relief and the cascading anythingbutPnP harness issues, I feel really good about my decision to order the Vision X reverse lights when they were on sale for only $10 more then these and to wire them direct to an aux switch.

Now, if only they had arrived on time yesterday instead of UPS having a delay until monday. Now I'm going to have to wait another week or 2 until I'm home again to install them.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
After reading about the lack of strain relief and the cascading anythingbutPnP harness issues, I feel really good about my decision to order the Vision X reverse lights when they were on sale for only $10 more then these and to wire them direct to an aux switch.

Now, if only they had arrived on time yesterday instead of UPS having a delay until monday. Now I'm going to have to wait another week or 2 until I'm home again to install them.
If only I had seen these! Look at that strain relief. Hmm…

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) B75A6571-6154-430D-9D98-192D3BC47A65

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I sure hope all of these issues don’t arrive with the flush mount tail lights. Lots more going on in them than there is in these reverse lights. I was ready to get a set of these too, and probably still will, but it’s going to be after Oracle has made this right with all of their customers, and revamped the harness.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Got tired of dealing with the issues of the short wires, bad fitting, overly long extension wire. So I cut the long lead of the PnP harness in half and cut a section out of the extension and soldiered it into the passenger lead and put heat shrink on all of the wires, individually and as a whole. Then routed the wires out of the taillight cavity thru the bottom and then across so as to not have any contact with any edges. Done.

backup harness.jpg

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
If only I had seen these! Look at that strain relief. Hmm…

B75A6571-6154-430D-9D98-192D3BC47A65.jpeg
I really wanted to like the Oracles. They look like they came from the factory. But when saw pics like @ShadowsPapa posted and compared it to what you just posted, it was a no-brainer. The fact that I wanted them wired to an aux switch anyway, which the Vision X ones include a harness better suited for, AND they are almost 3 times as bright, AND they were on sale for almost the same price was just a lot of icing on the cake. I did grab some Peterson reflectors recommended by someone in an Amazon review, and will add that on too. Not quite as OEM looking, but I'll personally sacrifice some aesthetics for build quality. That said, I sure hope Oracle takes all the criticism in stride, and comes out with a V2 product more in line with their rep that finally addresses the strain relief and harness issues.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1626560939204

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Got tired of dealing with the issues of the short wires, bad fitting, overly long extension wire. So I cut the long lead of the PnP harness in half and cut a section out of the extension and soldiered it into the passenger lead and put heat shrink on all of the wires, individually and as a whole. Then routed the wires out of the taillight cavity thru the bottom and then across so as to not have any contact with any edges. Done.

backup harness.jpg
This is probably what I will do. Either this or I'll hook the driver's side to the PnP and the passenger side to an aux switch. If it's as bright as people say, one should be plenty at any given time.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, received mine and had to "make 'em work" with the provided harness...
Sad that Oracle even provided the excuse of "... deliveries delayed while we QA the items..."
Well, Oracle QA needs a new manager.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Why do we yet again need to inform you of this issue. You should already know what customers requested the extension since you JUST MAILED it to us. At this

Are you wanting everyone who received the poorly designed extension to DM you to request another extension? Shouldn't your customer service representatives be able to pull ALL ORDERS for the poorly designed extension and automatically send those customers a newly designed extension?
Not everyone wants it. A couple of customers have already modified things. No need sending to 200 people if only 160 are interested in the later version - there's going to be some real time lag for this one. I expect a couple of months. Some will figure out something else. Shipping dozens of these at over 7 bucks a pop just for shipping - not to mention "handling".
It will also help them track things internally for other reasons.
We've already seen where some folks have said they don't want an extension at all, they've already "handled it". And of those that have received this one with the incorrect ends, you pare the number down further. Some have "made their own".

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Not everyone wants it. A couple of customers have already modified things. No need sending to 200 people if only 160 are interested in the later version - there's going to be some real time lag for this one. I expect a couple of months. Some will figure out something else. Shipping dozens of these at over 7 bucks a pop just for shipping - not to mention "handling".
It will also help them track things internally for other reasons.
We've already seen where some folks have said they don't want an extension at all, they've already "handled it". And of those that have received this one with the incorrect ends, you pare the number down further. Some have "made their own".
Thanks for the post. When I typed my response I was pissed at Oracle for their QC. I thought I had deleted it before anyone replied because I knew the reason (exactly what you posted).

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Well, I've been traveling and just got back to my pile of boxes with lights and PnP harness awaiting. After reading of some of the issues, that seals my decision to wire direct to AUX switches and forgo the auto on in reverse (which, if the lights are as bright as they seem, may be good to not blind people unless needed). Plus, I get the benefit of on when parked at campsites for set up, etc. I have over 50 pages here to go over again, anyone happen to have saved a bookmark on someone with solid wiring experience and their plan?
I am so glad in my decision to go aux only based on everything happening. After a ton of digging around and playing in the back I ended up just running two wires from the front, one from an aux and one for ground and installing it back there. When it came down to it the extra wire was worth the cost vs drilling a hole in the back somewhere.

I press the button when I need them and it works great. they have too much power honestly to come on with reverse.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, Oracle felt rushed to get the initial fix out and missed the end cap sizing in the haste. I'm fine waiting for the proper extension to make it work. I will say even with just the one driver side light functional at the moment it makes a huge difference at night.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Unfortunately, Oracle felt rushed to get the initial fix out and missed the end cap sizing in the haste. I'm fine waiting for the proper extension to make it work. I will say even with just the one driver side light functional at the moment it makes a huge difference at night.
If you think about it, can you grab a pic?

This may solidify my thoughts regarding having one linked to the reverse lights and one linked to an aux switch.
Sponsored