Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
It tows really well with the hitch set up properly

36D13977-8BFE-4FEE-A430-684B39FFC720.jpeg

09BBBFCF-A329-42E0-8F8D-F7FDA6ECE9D4.jpeg
If you’re ever down towards delaware Id trade you a case of beer to set up my wdh properly! Ive done it twice and it just doesn’t seem right to me. I’ll probably throw in the towel and have a
Shop do it for next season
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
@Glad_he_ate:

Looks great. Nice work on that hitch setup.

@Gren71:

Proper WDH setup can take some time, especially on smaller trucks like the Gladiator. Be patient with it and don’t give up. I still need to redo my setup that the RV dealership installed. No where near enough weight transfer going on, and far too much sag. I’m also installing some rear airbags to help (if you have airbags and WDH make sure your airbags are set before you adjust the WDH).

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
It took me 3 attempts to get it right when I swapped it from my zr2, had to lower the hitch one space then add one lv of transfer. Now I’ll have to do it again when I get my lift 😂

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
- Baja Squadron Sport Fog lights
- Baja LP6's
- Clean wired up install for future accessories to the stock switch panel (Done by Blaze Off Road here in Colorado. You won't find a better electrical guru in Colorado, PERIOD.) I don't trust anyone but him to wire my builds.

Still need to adjust the angle of them so all that light isn't just hitting the ground but pictures do not do these justice. These are probably twice as bright as the Baja S8 30" bar I had on my Sierra.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] unnamed
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0155
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0158
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0157

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
so you don’t own one but know all about it. You don’t need to gear and I can comment on this cuz I have one lifted
I agree. There is absolutely zero need to regear the diesel. Zero. Nothing wrong with regearing, just not needed. It’s a different animal to the anemic, yet reliable gas motor. After installing 37s on mine I couldn’t even tell a difference. The power is terrific.

Orso Nero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Sport, 05 TJ Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
Ok, so things slowed down enough for me to make some more progress on this rear seat conversion. Mock-up starting to take shape now. The right 2/3's will be a storage compartment using the same aluminum extrusions as my deck base.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211119_101928

Behind the aux battery holder will be a vent cutout. The middle left of the left panel will be a wire route cutout for my Redarc BCDC 1225D, which will be mounted above the cutout. And for the moment I'm looking at mounting my Trigger4 wireless controller on the upper right of this panel.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211119_101942

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
What I did to my Gladiator today (and yesterday)

Installed a ham radio / scanner inside the console, as there aren't a lot of other locations to put it. This also keeps it completely hidden (and locked) when not in use. Remote control microphone lets you control the radio even if the console lid is closed. Antenna, power and external speaker wiring is all run underneath the console.

Accessing the radio while driving is slightly clumsy, as reaching it with my right hand has my arm bumping into the console cover - wish the cover would lay farther back when open. But again, not too bad, and once I have a few frequencies entered, I do very little fiddling while driving, and the remote control microphone has most of the functions covered.

Next steps:
- take power from one of the factory aux switches instead of the cigarette lighter power adapter
- clean up the antenna mounting bracket (this is just a prototype)
- install a speaker inside the fresh air vent to the right of the steering wheel

The antenna mount is a Comet NMO lip mount - low profile, just requires drilling a 3/4 inch diameter hole into a metal bracket, and it includes a short section of very thin coax so it can be run into the cab under a door molding - no drilling or cutting. Used existing bolt hole to mount the bracket to the Jeep.

Best part of the install, besides finally having a VHF radio again, is no need for drilling holes or routing cables through the firewall or body. I didn't even have to open the hood. Factory aux switches were so worth it. At first I thought the connections existed only under the hood, which would mean I still need to run power through the firewall, but then realized Jeep provides two sets - one under the hood for "external" items like winch and lights, and another set inside the cab for radios etc. Thank you Jeep 👍

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] radio

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] antenna

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I changed the oil, rotated the tires, and installed the Oracle back up lights. Ran the lights to an auxiliary switch, so I can turn them on as needed.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Found a great deal on FB market place for a Bestop Sunrider yesterday. It took maybe an hour while watching the install video at the same time. I can already see how this will change how often I have it open...for the better and more.

20211119_105217.jpg

20211119_105144.jpg

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation