Sponsored

$2000 upcharge out of the blue for mojave near me....

Nhemisis

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Vehicle Showcase
There are a couple of dealers on here offering 6-8 pct. under invoice. Koons in Tysons Corner Va. You order the jeep online, wait 6 or 10 weeks until it arrives at the dealership and it's like 88-90 pct of the MSRP. Then drive it home.
Those days are sadly over. I work at a Jeep dealer and our factory orders on gladiators from April aren't even started yet... The shortage is bad and the days of a good deal are gone
Sponsored

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Those days are sadly over. I work at a Jeep dealer and our factory orders on gladiators from April aren't even started yet... The shortage is bad and the days of a good deal are gone
I just got 8k off of invoice price. That being said im not sure when my Jeep will actually be delivered but i can wait compared to paying a 17k dealer mark up at my local stealership. The mark up still doesnt make sense, if vehicles are limited, they could always sell them for the price they are worth and sell out. Jacking the price up so only rich people can buy them is all they are doing. To be fair we all get it, if something is scarce they can charge whatever they want and we can decide to take it or leave it.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Gupton in Tennese, Peterson in Nampa ID, Jim Marsh in Las Vegas…. All do at least 5% below invoice with financing incentives along with tread lightly affiliate control number.

I ordered 8/24 and got $6,600 off MSRP or roughly 6% below invoice from Peterson Jeep in Nampa ID.

Orders are taking longer to fulfill, but please don’t spread misinformation regarding “no deals”.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
OP - Here's the deal - you want to buy an iPhone. They're $999. You go to the nearest store, say BestBuy. Their iPhone is $1,299. It's totally fine if you want THAT iPhone and you want it RIGHT NOW. But just like you'd have the ability to get AN iPhone for the $999 list price, you can do the same with a Mojave. Up to you whether the time and effort is worthwhile, but you didn't miss out on anything.

The rest of my replies are snarky because, my gosh, the negativity in this thread...

Last report I read is that the auto shortage is expected to keep prices inflated until 2025. Better to buy now if you can get near/below MSRP, because car prices are going to sky rocket.
Wanna bet? I'd be happy to escrow cash against your never-in-automotive-industry-history-five-year-long-industry-wide-MSRP-is-the-floor side of the wager.

Yeah. But I'd rather have the extra off road goodies for the same price. Plus, regardless I think we can all mostly agree that Rubicons can pull a higher price and resale value than any other trim.
You build your Rubicon aftermarket to Mojave spec and I'll build my Mojave to Rubicon spec. Care to guess who'll have to spend more? As for the resale value, I'd say we can all mostly agree that you're making a claim supported by zero evidence whatsoever, no? Totally fine to prefer Rubicon btw, my wife does too, so no disrespect. But there's nothing objective or obvious about favoring one versus the other.

Hard to believe there are still dealers selling 6-8% under invoice when there is such limited supply and no incentive for them to sell that cheap.
There's plenty of incentive to sell cheap. Daniel Gupton told me he got 55 customer ordered Jeeps in in the last 24 hours. That's a lot more profit than any one seller at the $2k markup dealer in the OP likely generated. Auto sales people have such short memories, or they claim to to justify gouging when they can. After all most of them will be at another dealer or a different industry in a few years. FWIW Daniel's name is on the building so I factor that into my assessment of his choices.

Every one of those statements is wrong or exaggerated. I'd be somewhat surprised if you could point to even ONE April Gladiator firm order not yet started, though perhaps some are out there. There's tons of recent production though of July orders. And, five minutes of poking around here would show you numerous options for good deals, and that's WITH the shortages still in place. If your dealer is opting to sell on a low-volume high-margins model good for them, but other models work just fine, despite whatever your dealer may claim is the "new normal."

Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Gupton in Tennese, Peterson in Nampa ID, Jim Marsh in Las Vegas…. All do at least 5% below invoice with financing incentives along with tread lightly affiliate control number.

I ordered 8/24 and got $6,600 off MSRP or roughly 6% below invoice from Peterson Jeep in Nampa ID.

Orders are taking longer to fulfill, but please don’t spread misinformation regarding “no deals”.
Tri-City. Koons even (offered me 6% off w/ their financing).

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Pay what you want. Don't buy if you don't want. Blaming the Boomers for a free market?
Or maybe... implying people are frustrated for a lack of understanding the outdated boomer style business models that different car dealerships can choose to operate under.
Boomer style business? Really? Boomers invented it? I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership I got my JT at only has a few JT's and Wrangler's in stock so they can get about any price they ask for them especially since one other close dealership's is way above them in mark up's. I don't drive past the other "local" dealership's very often so I don't know where they stand on price and availability.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Some deals you need to walk away from, this qualifies...How long will the gouging last, probably till the 2022's are orderable/showing up on lots...If you otherwise have transportation, just wait, IMO.

Jawjadawg

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 21 Gladiator Mojave
There are many Jeep dealers around the VA area.. Go to another dealer and place your order with the one that does not charge a MVC.. You're blessed with that option and choice.
I'm I sent 2 inquiries in the last 24 hours....
A. Is there a study showing resale on Rubis is higher than on Mojaves? (correct answer is 'No').
B. Who cares about resale? I didn't buy my Jeep for the next owner to enjoy.

Seriously, though, a base, stock Sport will sell for a higher % of its original MSRP than any other model in 20 years. I'm not saying that base Sport will sell for more $$$, but it will sell for a higher PERCENT of its MSRP.T hat is just the way it works with 'classic' vehicles.

Rubi owners need to be content with having bought a Rubicon because they enjoy it more and stop pretending they made some kind of a wise financial investment decision.
I'm not aware of any. The only investment angle to my purchasing a Rubicon is how long it will last other than that NOPE. Right now I'm looking to lat move into a Gladiator from a JLU because I need a truck to haul stuff. the reason I'm looking at a Mojave is because I I'm not looking for mountains to climb but more likely to be going down a lot of Forrest service roads and trails.

Sponsored

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Wanna bet? I'd be happy to escrow cash against your never-in-automotive-industry-history-five-year-long-industry-wide-MSRP-is-the-floor side of the wager.
I dont even know what you are trying to say. Are you attempting to suggest that manufactures are not going to take advantage of shortages by raising the MSRP? Because if so, I bet the maximum amount.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
Got mine off the lot a month ago and paid sticker. (48k) I was a little disappointed at the time (They wouldn't budge), but seeing how things are going now, not so much anymore. The dealer had a TON of JT's in stock, though, so that probably had something to do with it. I got more than I expected for my trade, so I guess it worked out.

Reactions: Mac

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Yeah. But I'd rather have the extra off road goodies for the same price.
Rubicon does not have any "extra off road goodies". It has DIFFERENT off-road options. Rubicon doesn't have the Mojave's suspension or reinforced frame (or are all JTs now having that?) Rubicon has a lower ratio transfer case and front/rear lockers. Different rigs intended for different tasks, like the Sports being intended for more "truck" stuff and the Overland being intended for more "road" comfort.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
A close friend recently left the dealership he'd been working at for nearly two decades because there simply wasn't inventory for he (or his peers) to move. That was 4 months ago. He decided to get into the general contractor business to soak up some of the demand in our area as an alternative. Despite the demand, the logistical and material supply issues ended up being incompatible with trying to actually run a business while offering even something close to the level of service & commitment a good guy like him would uphold under any circumstance.

He ended up back at the dealership as of last week. Given his history, they welcomed him with open arms of course but the scenario is even worse. If I owned a dealership and adding a few k onto high demand items meant I could help my folks more, I'd add as much as I possibly could. 20k if I could get away with it. Surely I'd piss off MANY potential buyers but the actual buyer of that vehicle would be happier than a pig in mud and there are plenty with disposable cash to do just that. We all approach the things we want in different ways. I ordered, waited and then traveled out of state to land at a decent price. Others can simply drop X additional on it and relatively speaking, it doesn't impact their financial outlook. Others just head to a lot assuming nothing should change because hey, they are a big name car maker...

I suspect it's more likely that actual price gouging due to greed would result in the abandoned mines filling up with bodies in the NE. People want to hate but try to understand the human predicament of these scenarios.

2k bump given the circumstances for a well optioned Mojave is not bad at all. I'm surprised it isn't far more. Go grab the darn thing if feasible and enjoy it before someone else happily does so.
Sponsored