Sponsored

2021 Jeep Frustrated & Disappointed Owner

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Sucks, seen this happen with others with the diesel when there is a problem, the dealers don’t have knowledge to fix these motors.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Start talking to a lemon law attorney ASAP

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Florida has very strict lemon laws. a new car out of service for more than 30 days can be lemon lawed. They may try and take you to arbitration/court first if they want to be jerks about it.

Try going through jeep care. Tell them you want a new car not necessarily your money back. tell them you intend to lemon law if not. Given the low milage/newness you have a strong case. They may decide to play ball with you because of this. Ive seen it on clear cut lemon cases.

If not...do as recomended above and call a lemon law layer. (say that fast!)

Zarp

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
No need for an attorney. Read your state lemon law and follow the instructions writing the letter. Sometimes you can find manufacturer specific instructions. My state is 3 times or 30 days in your first year maybe. There's no negotiation or dispute and you'll get a check for nearly full price.

Sponsored

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel. ESC, Limp Mode, and all sorts of electrical issues. 6 weeks at dealer still not fixed. Jeep won't buy back. at wits end with what to do.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Frustrated & Disappointed Owner 2021 Jeep Glad ESC error
Man I feel you. I started a huge post on here about mine. Same issue as yours. 2 dealerships and 5 plus weeks to fix. They still don’t know what the issue was. They said they took every ground off and cleaned and every harness that deals with can bus c and cleaned them. Jeep service sucks. They will not buy back. Even when you point out state lemon law. Be careful what you say bad about jeep on here. Some people get butt hurt and will start trashing you. I wish you luck.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Don't have any personal experience with lemon law but make sure you document everything now. I'd start writing down dates of when you brought it in, issues you have been having. Repairs made so far and results of the repairs. A lawyer will want this anyway. Sooner you can start documenting the better. Good luck.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Have you been working with a Jeep/FCA/Stellantis Customer Service or just the dealership?

I went through something similar with my Cherokee, after my 2nd visit I contacted Jeep Customer Service and FCA worked with me in correcting the issues. I received 2-3 calls a week while my Cherokee was in/out of the shop. I would also get a call from the dealership with an update. A few times the dealership called and said the parts are ordered and it'll be 2-3 weeks for the parts to arrive. Then 2 days later the dealership would call an update me that the parts are in (corporate would increase the the priority on the parts order).

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Modified Jeep and your complaining about Jeep not taking care of you. Your lucky they are even investigating at all.
What a ridiculous comment. In no way do modifications prevent Jeep from having to honor the warranty. UNLESS the modification is likely to have caused the issue. In this case, it sure seems highly highly unlikely to be related in any way to a modification.

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What a ridiculous comment. In no way do modifications prevent Jeep from having to honor the warranty. UNLESS the modification is likely to have caused the issue. In this case, it sure seems highly highly unlikely to be related in any way to a modification.
Based on some of things that were modified that deal with electrical as well as I’m sure programming how is it a ridiculous comment that his modification s could have caused the issues he is currently having?

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Based on some of things that were modified that deal with electrical as well as I’m sure programming how is it a ridiculous comment that his modification s could have caused the issues he is currently having?
Do you know all of the modifications he has? I don't see a list anywhere. Clearly the dealer doesn't think they're the issue as they'd be the first ones to walk away from it.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
A little late for this, but never, ever buy a used 4WD offroad capable vehicle - you have no idea how it's been used/abused. Think rental car.
Sponsored