Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
....can't tell difference between gobi and gator unless they are next to each other
In pictures, yes, but real Jeeps - the difference is obvious (to me).

I would like to see more in the blue range. Hydro is just too vivid for my tastes.

But how hard can it be to offer a lot of colors? Look how many they offer on Wranglers. I think it is just marketing strategy.
Sponsored

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
I would like to see more in the blue range. Hydro is just too vivid for my tastes.
Yes! outside of burnt orange, blue is my favorite. Really wish for a midnight blue....not as dark as navy where it looks kinda black and kinda blue....but not so light either....baby blue would probably be cool for a mall crawler, but I'm not a fan

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I need some more pics of sarge asap. I was in love with hydro after deciding gator wasn't green enough but that just might tip the bucket and make me change colors. Also led for sport s is a plus..........edit i just googled it... curse you jeep i already had my mind up but now I'm going to have to find a sarge green jeep in person :lipssealed:

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Lol. You might want to get your computer monitor calibrated. They are nothing alike.
I don't think it's his monitor. it's the Jeep website. Almost none of their colors are accurate (except black and white!)
search on here. there are entire threads on what color gator would be. The closest we had was the wayout concept. The website color was almost exactly sarge green.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added 1598975177311

This is what stock photos and the website would show for gator

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
The loudness of Gecko makes me smile. I love a "punch you in the face" color. White, Black, Silver, Gray are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dull.
This is so true. It took me so long to get mine since all the initial colors except for sting grey were just so bland to me. I still don't get why they had such a lame initial offering. Looked like a damn gradient on the website due to the seemingly duplicate color sets they had.

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
This is so true. It took me so long to get mine since all the initial colors except for sting grey were just so bland to me. I still don't get why they had such a lame initial offering. Looked like a damn gradient on the website due to the seemingly duplicate color sets they had.
It's due to the majority of truck sales being bland colors. Every time Ram introduced a bright color, like Sublime or Crush, those trucks sit on lots for a long time. Meanwhile the white, black, silver and maroon trucks fly off the lot.

Demographics of sales set the colors.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I need some more pics of sarge asap. I was in love with hydro after deciding gator wasn't green enough but that just might tip the bucket and make me change colors. Also led for sport s is a plus..........edit i just googled it... curse you jeep i already had my mind up but now I'm going to have to find a sarge green jeep in person :lipssealed:
Well for what everyone is paying for these trucks even the sport models I still find it shocking that LED Light packages are not standard on all of them along with Aux switches and a few other bells and whistles. I have had a number of people kind of shocked that my truck didn't have those things with the price paid for it.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
  • Gladiator models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame and tailgate to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
Ok, I remember when they had said hood and doors were aluminium but not any of the other stuff. I presume "Fenders" in this case is referring to quarter panels? Or is the reason that all but the base Sport have painted fenders now... because they're making them out of aluminum and needing to paint them? That'd be a curious change.

But maybe they've said they were aluminum all along and I just missed it.

Edit: They've said aluminum all along.

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2021 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
In pictures, yes, but real Jeeps - the difference is obvious (to me).

But how hard can it be to offer a lot of colors? Look how many they offer on Wranglers. I think it is just marketing strategy.
need ocean blue

Sponsored

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
are those changes proposed for the September Order Guide? or Jan 2021?
Why didnt start with the new orders for 2021 model this past month? im so mad hahahaha, i love the new colors.
Smh

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Well for what everyone is paying for these trucks even the sport models I still find it shocking that LED Light packages are not standard on all of them along with Aux switches and a few other bells and whistles. I have had a number of people kind of shocked that my truck didn't have those things with the price paid for it.
I agree completely. Or at least have a hard top as standard and soft top as an option

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
S### Um guys I just told my wife there coming out with gecko for the gladiator and now she wants one too ...his and hers gladiators it is i guess ha ha:movember: im gonna love being more poor than I already am :surprised:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I had some quick fun with seeing what Gecko and Nacho Gladiators would look like...

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added gecko2

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added nacho1

(apologies for the MDX in the reflection but this shot was taken right after our detailer performed the "paint protection" coating and it was shiny AF)