Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
That makes sense if you look at it as a truck. Wranglers kind of have always been known for the colors.

LED should have been for this price, I just don't get it. For the tops I am so glad hard was not a standard option. After looking over my use I think the hard top would have ended up under a tarp collecting tree pollen.

Now if they could make the tops easier to interchange that would have been cool.
My hard top is collecting dust and unless something crazy happens don't see it going back on my truck
Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
If Sarge would have been available for 2020 that would have been my first choice! Darn...but I do love my Sting Gray.

Yea, what's this "full 4WD I'm hearing about? Better than what is currently available?

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My 2020 I ordered in May finally showed up last week. I love the truck but that 3.6L is gutless. There is no way I would tow anything even close to the 7500lbs in the PNW...maybe if you live someplace where it's completely flat.
It would be nice if they added another engine option to the lineup. At first glance the diesel looks like it would be nice but I've heard nothing good about it and it actually has less towing capacity than the 3.6 which is a joke.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
Isn't "max tow" gone? how do they continue the claim of the towing rating of max tow option...when there no longer is a max tow option?

sport s never had max tow rating? So how do they still get to advertise it if they don't sell it any

longer lol?

• Gladiator models, equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, feature up to 1,700 pounds of payload and up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity with the available Max Towing Package

Kaiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow 1969 J3000 Gladiator farm truck. 1969 J2000 Gladiator project.
Isn't "max tow" gone? how do they continue the claim of the towing rating of max tow option...when there no longer is a max tow option?

sport s never had max tow rating? So how do they still get to advertise it if they don't sell it any

longer lol?

• Gladiator models, equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, feature up to 1,700 pounds of payload and up to 7,650 pounds of towing capacity with the available Max Towing Package
Max Tow isn't gone, my 2021 was built last week

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
In other words, even worse mileage.
Full-time is a misnomer. It's called 4H Auto on the shifter. It's basically an additional, selectable AWD mode. If it's like the Wrangler Selec-trac, you can select 2H, 4H Auto, 4H Part Time, or 4L.

Apparently the Rubicon Roc-trac now also has this additional mode. That seems like the best of all worlds to me. Except, as Martin pointed out, it's not available with a 6-speed.

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So are you all thinking of trading up from your 2020 to a 2021??? Probably not the best financial move, but I might!

Sponsored

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So are you all thinking of trading up from your 2020 to a 2021??? Probably not the best financial move, but I might!
Funny you should ask....I’m only 3 weeks weeks into owning a ‘20 Overland and that may exactly be my plan if I’m able to get what I paid for it in trade. I got what I thought was an awesome trade offer for my ‘19 JLUR and didn’t want to wait for the ‘21 Gladiators and lose the offer on the ‘19 so I bought this Overland at a substantial discount, too. So it made sense (to me, not the wife). With used car prices being out of control right now, I’m hoping I can order a ‘21 Sport S Max Tow with the full time 4wd option and get what I paid for the Overland when I trade it. Fingers crossed. If not, no biggie. I’m happy with the Overland.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Punk'n is so much better than Nacho, I don't know why they made that change. I love my Sublime Ram so it will be interesting to see a Gecko Gladiator, but my wife said I'm only allowed to have one lime green vehicle at a time so I'll be keeping the Punk'n JT too. :)

IMG-0449.jpg
Bruh! Kinda funny. I have the same truck, AND a Crush orange JKR.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So are you all thinking of trading up from your 2020 to a 2021???
No. If I ordered today, I would get exactly the same. But it's fun to dream. Like if I was remunerated enough to buy a second Gladiator.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
If you also get the Diesel in the Rubicon then you don't get the 4:1 Transfer case. Very troubling that Jeep appears to be putting an engine in with capability that it's drive line and chassis can't handle. At least it appears that way.
The diesel using a 3.73 axle doesn't mean it won't have the the 4:1 Rock-trac case. Two different things.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I love it when people come onto a forum outraged about things they don't understand.
Sponsored