3.6L ESS Battery Cable Diagram

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
Unfortunately the N2 part of the jumper is under the fuses, so not easy to take off. The oart under the N1 on top doesn't have a part number that I can see.

PXL_20240304_171149730.jpg
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Benny has seemed to disappeared... He hasn't been on since Feb 14. I PMed him a couple times to see if my non-Tinted OEM rear windows have come (I ordered them like 5 weeks ago), but no reply.
Need someone with a active Tech Authority Subscription to look at the IPC in that system to see if it gives that level of detail. I have a suspicion it is going to be consider an attachment of another whole assembly and might not be a separate stock item.

All else fails, there is tinned and un-tinned copper bus bar stock on Amazon that should not be that hard to fabricate one.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa
This is why I have been having such a hard time understanding all these Aux Battery Delete threads. It seemed like most of them are creating extra loops that are not needed. Of coarse when I say I am trying to do it like the factory did it in the Ram trucks with no Aux battery or the eTorque Jeeps with no Aux battery, well you know the replys I got on that, just pull the fuse, don't bother taking the wires out, etc... That is just not the way I do things. Yes it is good for most that do not want to do the exact work, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did it that way...
So now that it is time to replace my original batteries in my Mojave, I am doing the delete.
If I can buy that factory jumper strap separately, then no need to buy the whole z case fuse block. If I can't and the only way to get it is to buy the whole z case fuse block, so be it, I will buy it and have an extra z case fuse block for my Jeeps.
My plan is to hopefully get the original N1 to N2 strap if someone can help me find the part number, because I can't find it. Move the direct battery cable to N1 and install the N1 to N2 jumper. Remove all the extra wires battery wires. Unplug and remove the PCR. I am also installing the Genesis battery relocation tray at the same time, mostly because I think it is a cleaner design.
Only thing now is the N1 to N2 strap, so if anyone is good looking at those diagrams online and can help, it would be really helpful. I am really bad at finding that stuff on line. I spent a few hours so far and can't find it...
I get it..
And I tried to word carefully - I am not, as I sit now, inclined to remove or change or delete anything - however, if I were - I'd prefer following along like you.
I hate the extra wiring hanging around, sticking out. I even used the N8 post to connect to my wife's window-up module for power. And I plan on in the future making my power step installs a bit cleaner than they are. I want no extra wires on the battery terminals if I can avoid it. That's one reason my winch cutoff solenoid terminal acts like a junction to get plow power from - one single cable to the battery positive, not 2.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Once I am able to buy this jumper piece and the Genesis battery tray comes in I will start a new thread with what I did and pictures.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update on this piece. Benny did some digging and this connector bar is only available with the PDC. So for $250, I am going to skip it and buy the other cable I was talking about.
I also found a Z cage fuse array listed in the diagrams that was only $20. I am going to buy that with my next order because I have an idea I want to test out.
For my truck I am buying the power cable from the eTorque and adding it in. But that is expensive, so as I am doing this I am searching for other cheap alternatives that also give a factory look. Once my parts come in, I will start a thread with my findings.
Sponsored