Sponsored

30k Service - do I need to do all these items?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I have NEVER flushed and changed brake fluid. LOL
Mileages up to 400,000 and everything still works fine.

Hell, you'd have to do it on a dry day in January here. Otherwise you're going to add water just from the atmosphere.

Glad17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Industrial Firefighter
I’m shocked to hear about this brake fluid flush. I have owned 5 brand new vehicles well over 50000km (30000miles) and always get dealer oil changes at 5000km with whatever service they recommend and I have never had a brake fluid flush performed or offered.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
What about transmission oil change intervals? And how do we check oil level since no tranny dip stick is available
That type of service has been around for a while. I wonder if we have a standpipe and just have to get it to a certain temperature.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I do maintenance and repairs on the side for relatives and referrals. I finds that sometimes it's harder to convince the car owners that they don't needs the service just yet vs just replacing stuffs.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
On the race track, you could tell how bad your brake fluid was on the 4th or 5th turn. You won't make that mistake again. Those articles on brake fluid are accurate, you just don't heat things up enough in normal everyday driving.

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not for the brake system flush if they have a $175-$200 hourly rate. Count in the cost of fluid, putting the ABS into the mode to flush the system, you have that much in labor and fluid.

I'm just amazed at the logic - the people who won't spend $200 on safety - like BRAKES, will of course spend $2,000 for a bumper to impress their peers.

Cabin air filters etc. - go to Amazon, buy 'em, replace them. The cabin filters are as easier if not easier than the engine air filter, IMO. You can buy either OEM or name brand replacements like AC and so on for the filters.
I'm one of those guys that normally changes brake fluid, power steering fluid every couple of years at least too. And your dead on about miles drove vs time.
A few days ago I bought a un-used medical vacuum container to use with my vacuum pump for jobs like that. 🤔 My LJ and JT are kinda due for that.... if I can get that dang load or 2 of rock delivered, so I have at least a good place to do it besides the mud bog.

Now back to O.P. topic I think most of that list is overpriced or B.S. for what is being done. Just like getting the fabric protection from dealership when buying a new vehicle. Normally it's the shop detailer spraying some Scotch Guard in cab then shutting the door.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I guess whether it's stored inside or outside matters considerably. Mine is garaged and really doesn't get driven in the rain much.

Sponsored

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
Do I need all this at 30k, I'm assuming the fuel system stuff I can't do myself. Filters I have covered. I can't believe the brake fluid need replacing. And is the 4Ă—4 just service, just draining and replacing diff oil?
Jeep Gladiator 30k Service - do I need to do all these items? PXL_20230206_050654241
Run and never go back to whomever that shop is, that is straight robbery

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Do I need all this at 30k, I'm assuming the fuel system stuff I can't do myself. Filters I have covered. I can't believe the brake fluid need replacing. And is the 4Ă—4 just service, just draining and replacing diff oil?
Jeep Gladiator 30k Service - do I need to do all these items? PXL_20230206_050654241
From the manual (keep a electronic copy so you can search it easy)

AAA5E65C-2049-46BD-BE0B-0461B0A0D6E2.png

0128F029-0CB5-4A5B-9B90-833CB280E278.png

4C9D26B5-4673-4AF2-93EB-802AFEA34950.png

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
I do maintenance and repairs on the side for relatives and referrals. I finds that sometimes it's harder to convince the car owners that they don't needs the service just yet vs just replacing stuffs.
I used to do that to until a brake job turned into me being the cause of a lower balljoint failure a month later. There was no way of convincing him that it doesn't work that way. Family I still take care of, friends and neighbors must participate and get dirty.

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
The real question is the truck going to catch on fire and self destruct at 30k miles if you don’t do it…. Jeep maybe. Just remember dealers need to make money somewhere, and bulk of it is out of warranty service. If you are really concerned about it find a reputable independent Jeep shop.
Sponsored