Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a Rubicon with an automatic transmission, and I went with 35" Falken MT's instead of 37s after much internal debate. I'm happy with my decision and don't regret it. The stock Rubicon suspension can fully flex with 35s whereas 37s require a lift and a host of other changes. It comes down to how much you're prepared to spend, balancing your needs and wants, and your expected longevity. I don't do crazy rock crawling, like I used to in my JKs, so 37s aren't a necessity for me. I also want my drivetrain and steering components to last longer. You can do some pretty awesome things in a JT on 35s if you know how to drive it.

But the fact your asking tells me regardless of what people say in this thread, you've already made up your mind to get 37s and you'll regret it if you didn't.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
This is true. Then with 37s it will hunt between 6-8 when on highway. But will do it with 35s as well. I just regeared to 5.13s. What a difference. Truck will pull in 8th on highway unless you pedal it enough to downshift it.
whats your highway mileage like on that set up

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it depends on where you drive. I had a 4 inch lift on my JKU with 35's couldn't fit in many parking garages, but the biggest PITA was the parking garages at Bush. I had 2 inches of clearance in my home garage with my JKU. With my JT, I lifted 2.5 inches, but found that have 1 inch of clearance in that same Airport garage with 35's. 37's with the factory Soft-Top and the 2.5 inch lift would have put me over my home garage opening and many of the parking garages as well.

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Has anyone gone 35s/37s with the diesel rubi yet? If so what lift, any gear changes?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys doing with 37's in the OEM spare tire location under the bed?
I've heard you can fit them aired down. I still have my 34's so I just use the 34" spare if needed. I care a tire repair kit as well. That said, If I do ever have to use my 34" spare, I may have to shuffle tires around so I can run it in 2 wheel drive with the spare 34 on the front. So far the only flat I've had was with the junky stock tires in the middle of no where.
that said. I may pick up another wheel and 37, it would definitely be preferable & desirable.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
The only regrets I have is not getting 37s when I got 35s. Although I'd really have to lower my gears from the stock 3.73s so that's what I keep telling myself

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If the jeep has 3.73’s its going to lug and hunt with 37’s. But may not matter to owner.

jeep with 4.10s will also hunt but wont lug as much. You’ll think its ok so long as you never ride in a re geared jeep.

all the posts are right, you cant expect stock parts to hold up to 37’s as long as they would with factory tires.

then again, factory tires wont hold up to the capabilities you could otherwise unleash with a bigger setup.

35’s are cool too, not as hard on the gear, except on the parts that scrape.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
whats your highway mileage like on that set up
I'll keep you updated. Have only put about 100 miles on it so far with new gears.

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
My stock diesel handles the 37's better than my (previous) supercharged gas handled 35's. No regrets. I don't see any need for a gear change so far (Mopar lift with level kit.)
Jeep Gladiator 37 regrets IMG_2881
Nice choice of color!!

tires2.jpg

Sponsored

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
My stock diesel handles the 37's better than my (previous) supercharged gas handled 35's. No regrets. I don't see any need for a gear change so far (Mopar lift with level kit.)
Jeep Gladiator 37 regrets tires2
A bit off topic but what tires and what’s the height to the highest point?

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
No regrets here. The Ecodiesel with 3.73s keeps me in 8th gear so I’m pretty happy with it. Stuffing the spare underneath was an adventure but it finally fit at 5psi.

Brian
With 37’s?

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Nope , Was also on the fence but in my opinion it’s the perfect size 35 too small 39 too big. Take negative people with a grain of salt as they have motive’s. Like their wife won’t let them, won’t fit in garage or car wash etc.... there’s reasons behind their negative 37 inch comments. Overall most 37 inch tire comments come from people who do not have them and never owned them.
No regrets at all ! love my 37’s
Had the 35s on my ram, went to 37s Togo’s. They were heavier but looked was way better imho

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I’ll disagree. I find that the JT does quite well with 37” tires. Is all that extra stuff nice to have? Sure! Is it entirely necessary? Nope. If doing serious rock crawling with a heavy foot, yes, it becomes necessary.
My off-road was pretty severe admit. Banged that truck up good! So perhaps you have a pint there. Just stuff to consider....

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I think my response is going to be contrarian to most. I had a 2019 JLUR that I moved from 35” KO2’s to 37” Ridge Grapplers. I loved the look but it does compromise ride quality and drive a bit. It’s not drastic and I did not re-gear. If you are mostly on road, like 95% or more, I would consider sticking with 35’s. Now I just got my Gladiator Mojave, just lifted it, and put on 35” KO2’s the other day. I love it as much as I thought I would. Just my perspective.
Sponsored