Aftermarket Diff Cover?

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Looking to replace the stock diff covers on my Dana 44 front and rear. Any suggestions? Arb? Yukon? ...
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
I like the ARB ones...build quality is great and have features that help use on the trail...

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
arb
black or red hard finish
dip stick
recessed bolts (stops rocks from chewing them up)
magnet
ribbed strengthened case
170 bucks

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Diff Cover? arb diff cover

Last edited:

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That ARB is very nice. I don't think I would need them. I do offroad but nothing hardcore crazy where I would bust a cover open (at least I hope not). $170 isn't too shabby though, maybe when fluids are changed.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Hello all,

Replacing my diff covers...front and rear.

Just trying to confirm gaskets are rubber and reusable? Or do I need some Permatex gasket maker?

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hello all,

Just trying to confirm gaskets are rubber and reusable? Or do I need some Permatex gasket maker?
Depends... Some Diff covers like the Metalcloak just barely clear the stock Rubicon track bar. So, it is important that you use the silicone that comes with it... If you use the reusable gasket, it is thicker and can cause interference with the stock track bar. If you already have the truck lifted, then, the track bar is already out of the way..

In addition, some people say that silicone or gasket maker ties the parts together better and makes them stronger than a reusable rubber gasket..., but, I do not know anything about that.

Here is a link of some discussions and my installation.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...hile-off-road-lifted.31324/page-5#post-523350

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

i have the Dana Aventek diff covers the reusable factory gaskets are reusable and work great.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Anyone know if the factory bolts can be reused with the Dana covers? I just ordered front and rear from Summit Racing and only one came with the provided bolts 🙄

Wondering if I can just reuse. I can compare the factory ones, but I’d rather tackle the job in one go, and don’t want to find out I can’t.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone know if the factory bolts can be reused with the Dana covers? I just ordered front and rear from Summit Racing and only one came with the provided bolts 🙄

Wondering if I can just reuse. I can compare the factory ones, but I’d rather tackle the job in one go, and don’t want to find out I can’t.
If the grip length is there you can reuse the factory bolts. My only recommendation is the torque spec is 30 ft-lbs but I would back off a couple of pounds as they have been know to snap the heads off at the full 30 ft-lbs spec. That is also with a dry thread so if you put a liquid locktite compound on the threads, that will affect the final torque even more.

Last edited:

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Redsummit machine works, really nice covers, will powder coat any color , but not cheap $300 powder coated. I do not have them and beings I just bought a camper the other day, and want to save as much as possible until it comes, they are going to wait. The ARB is also a great one, I just was not thrilled with the dip stick, neat idea but could see someone overfilling the diff easier, I beileve you mark the dip stick with your level before installing.....Jack,
Sponsored

Last edited: