First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
My son got to play with mini guns mounted on Polaris razors downrange...3000 rounds per minute...nothing else comes close...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
@steffen707 I saw in the new Quadratec catalogue that they sell assorted ammo cans including the large one for 40mm grenades.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@steffen707 I saw in the new Quadratec catalogue that they sell assorted ammo cans including the large one for 40mm grenades.
Nice, I found other places too once I read some of the codes off your ammo box. Not bad, like $15-30 each shipped.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Be careful taking out the picnic table mounted to the roof. It was only 84 degrees today and it was SUPER RIDICULOUSLY HOT! :sun:
I just had an awesome and probably expensive and stupid idea.
EDIT: Not probably, more like certainly.:facepalm:

Wonder if hothead headliners would make un-fabric'ed panels for the Alu-Cab to cut down on the heat issue,
They would go between the roof rails
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 1591281631130

and then I could just have them wrapped to match my interior panels.....

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 1591281565921

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Wonder if hothead headliners would make un-fabric'ed panels for the Alu-Cab to cut down on the heat issue,

Or you could get some foam board insulation and make your own. :idea:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

call them with the panel measurements and ask them. They might just do it.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

1591281565921.png
Probably should have saved that mega cardboard and wrapped that for insulation. But seriously - a sheetmetal airspace above the roof might be what you need.

Last edited:

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Get some adhesive backed heat shield. Used in the interior of our jeeps all over, mainly near the foot wells/tranny; it’ll work for radiant heat from the sun.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably should have saved that mega cardboard and wrapped that for insulation. But seriously - a sheetmetal airspace above the roof might be what you need.
i still have a bunch of that cardboard. :LOL:

What do you mean sheetmetal airspace? like if there was a cargo basket ontop of the alu-cab?
That is a good point. if I put an RTT on top of the alu-cab, i bet the alu-cab will be cooler and rtt hot.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get some adhesive backed heat shield. Used in the interior of our jeeps all over, mainly near the foot wells/tranny; it’ll work for radiant heat from the sun.
I'm wondering if hothead headliners are just a cut sheet of hardboard with a radiant heat barrier adhesive backed like you discussed, then wrapped with a small amount of padding and fabric?

Considering this is in the back of my truck, i should just tackle this one on my own.

Cut some hardboard to the right sizes, stick the heatshield to it, trim to fit, wrap with fabric after I spray with 3m adhesive.

One question, do these adhesive backed heat shields perform equally well if they aren't stuck to the sheetmetal, but instead flipped around, smooth foil side facing the hot metal?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
What do you mean sheetmetal airspace? like if there was a cargo basket ontop of the alu-cab?
That is a good point. if I put an RTT on top of the alu-cab, i bet the alu-cab will be cooler and rtt hot.
You see them on old land rovers... safari roof? Some school buses also have them.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I'm wondering if hothead headliners are just a cut sheet of hardboard with a radiant heat barrier adhesive backed like you discussed, then wrapped with a small amount of padding and fabric?

Considering this is in the back of my truck, i should just tackle this one on my own.

Cut some hardboard to the right sizes, stick the heatshield to it, trim to fit, wrap with fabric after I spray with 3m adhesive.

One question, do these adhesive backed heat shields perform equally well if they aren't stuck to the sheetmetal, but instead flipped around, smooth foil side facing the hot metal?
I believe the orientation of the foil is critical

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the orientation of the foil is critical
why do you say that? the hothead headliners have the foil facing up towards the top because its secured to the headliner panel. This is the opposite of how most would use this type of heat barrier when they would wrap the transmission tunnel/firewall area.

Hotheads have a reputation of their headliners working, so i would assume either way blocks heat, both ways.
Sponsored