Sponsored

Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
While installing them though I noticed something; if you tighten down the single nut on the inside of the latch assembly too much, the spring won't have enough force to pull the latches out after you press the button. Loosened them up again and it's much better now.
OOOOH BABY! Might need to try this during lunch.
Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone found a good way to cover the blue light on the overhead light in the sleeping area? We usually put a sock over it but would like something a little better. Does anyone have a 3D printer and an interest in printing a cover?

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Would someone please go out and measure (my gladiator will be in stock trim for a least a while) roof height to the top of the Alu-Cap bed cap and if you have a roof rack to the top if it...

Just trying to get some will it fit in the garage ideas...

Ps. I searched and found nothing.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Would someone please go out and measure (my gladiator will be in stock trim for a least a while) roof height to the top of the Alu-Cap bed cap and if you have a roof rack to the top if it...

Just trying to get some will it fit in the garage ideas...

Ps. I searched and found nothing.
Around 75.25" to the top of my load bar on a sport S with Rubicon wheels/tires.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap PXL_20210414_215625467

Sponsored

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
One more question for you guys, is the rear window glass or acrylic?

OP
OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
It is glass.
Just to be clear, both the rear hatch window is glass and the front cap window, (slider on mine) is also glass.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to be clear, both the rear hatch window is glass and the front cap window, (slider on mine) is also glass.
Somehow my rear glass got a chip in it, not the slider, the rear rear tailgate side...... Hmmmmm

OP
OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Somehow my rear glass got a chip in it, not the slider, the rear rear tailgate side...... Hmmmmm
Surprised it didn't shatter into little pieces. You should get it filled/repaired. Might make it last longer.
How you doing Jon? I haven't done much posting in awhile. Have had the JT out of winter storage about a month now. Got some good stuff going on. Waiting delivery of a AluCab RTT v3.1 anytime now.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surprised it didn't shatter into little pieces. You should get it filled/repaired. Might make it last longer.
How you doing Jon? I haven't done much posting in awhile. Have had the JT out of winter storage about a month now. Got some good stuff going on. Waiting delivery of a AluCab RTT v3.1 anytime now.
I've also not been posting much. Been reading up on soil amendments and slowly finishing our basement. Has to buy steel studs because lumber is rediculous right now. Never done steel stud work before, but YouTube showed me I think what I nerd to know.

I gotta get back to my ALU Cab aluminum drawer project sometime soon. Put that on hold during covid.

My 4 and 7 year old have discovered how fun super Mario Brothers 3 is. It blows their mind when I show them hidden secrets.

Oh my $25,000 3rd stall shop will now cost $65,000 so I'm living with a cramped garage/shop for another 1-.....5? Years. Ugh.

Rtt v3. 1? Gotta look that up.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't EVER open your topper like this. I nearly busted all 4 of my fingers the other day, because as the door lifted up, the part that goes over the tailgate caused my hand to bend backwards as my fingers were curled around the handle. It hurt like hell and was sore for a few days.

I've done this 3-4 times now not thinking and before I realized I did it, the gate is already lifting.

DON'T GET INTO THIS HABIT!

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 1622730249857

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I guess it would be habit from most hatch back SUVs and vans and such, I had a Suburban before theMojave and have not had the issue.......yet!.... Jack

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess it would be habit from most hatch back SUVs and vans and such, I had a Suburban before theMojave and have not had the issue.......yet!.... Jack
That's a good point. I've had many hatchbacks, that's probably why I keep doing that.

OP
OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
In the interest of hand safety you should lift your truck so that it always requires an upward reach to get your hand onto the cap hatch handle.
Just putting that out there for anyone who's partner isn't quite on board getting a lift kit done......
Sponsored