Sponsored

Am I the only one who thinks Jeep should’ve included an in dash CD player?

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yes I’d like a CD player in my Jeep. Funny thing is I started driving my wife’s Equinox back and forth to work since I can’t go all week without having to fill up the JT. Thanks to this I remembered her old fashioned car (2015) has a CD player! Gonna have to bust out some cds for the drive to work. I still listen to cds a lot. In the garage or the Bose wave radio in the living room. I prolly have close to a thousand. My favorites are the random mixes I used to burn for house parties and keggers before I started this crap called adulting.

I agree streaming platforms and XM are a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I still prefer the good old fashioned fm radio.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I do miss the spot to hook in a phone holder.... lol. I haven't used a CD player in my car probably in over 10 years, closer to 15 if I had to guess. The phone mounts I got a few years ago were the first time I technically used the slots for anything. Im actually looking at putting android auto in my other cars, after using it, its hard going back to a phone mount.

I was just having this conversation with my dad the other day. He doesn't want to upgrade to a JL because he wants a CD player. He has the attitude of "I will make the dealer put one in" I was like they will rip out your good well integrated carplay/android system and put in junk. he didn't care....

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I find Spotify overwhelming. There are sometimes I know what I want to hear. Other times I can't decide. It's like you have pretty much the whole World's music library at your disposal. Where the hell do I start??? LOL
Fake news. Try to find Badlands or Voodoo Highway on Spotify.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Easier to download my library to my phone and play it through carplay. I like it because I don't have to fumble with a bunch of CD's.

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
My 91 NSX has a tape player. Put an old mix tape in the other day and it started playing warp speed that Ministry sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I would rather a DVD player.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Lmao CD’s. I haven’t had a CD player in my cars in over a decade. I’ve had new cars in 2012, 2013, 2017, 2019 and 2021.

Hilariously my dads wife has a CD player in her 2021 Lexus. Weird.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Man I miss the old days of audio, like when it was common to go to audio stores with actual listening rooms. Car, home what ever. Best Buys listening area for Klipsch is an aisle in the store. WTF
This exactly. We have removed the human “journey” in our purchase adventure with the simple things like buying music. Push a button and bam it’s done.

Gone are the days of actually going down to the record store and chatting with the dweeb there and finding out what was new. Browsing through all the artwork on album covers etc. It was a journey to find your next greatest sound. Exactly how I discovered Iron Maiden Way back when. “You have to try this“ ...bought their first album and never looked back. This journey also expanded my musical tastes in same way as described. I tried things I never would have given a glance to if it weren’t for the ”record store” dweeb suggesting. My Iron Maiden sits comfortably right next to my Tchaikovsky 1812th.

Technology does have it’s advantages, but removing the above will always be missed. Sorry to those that haven’t experienced it.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I ripped all my CDs and put .wav files on USB stick. This works great at first, but, after a few months, the USB sticks start acting up and screwing up the radio. Usually a reboot is necessary and a new USB stick. The quality of these USB sticks for daily usage is terrible.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So you all are aware that Pandora has channels you can define. Easily! I have a Tyler Childers, Coulter Wall, and Jackie Green Channel. It plays there music and a bunch ostuff adjacent to it. Its like radio but with actual music I like.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
This exactly. We have removed the human “journey” in our purchase adventure with the simple things like buying music. Push a button and bam it’s done.

Gone are the days of actually going down to the record store and chatting with the dweeb there and finding out what was new. Browsing through all the artwork on album covers etc. It was a journey to find your next greatest sound. Exactly how I discovered Iron Maiden Way back when. “You have to try this“ ...bought their first album and never looked back. This journey also expanded my musical tastes in same way as described. I tried things I never would have given a glance to if it weren’t for the ”record store” dweeb suggesting. My Iron Maiden sits comfortably right next to my Tchaikovsky 1812th.

Technology does have it’s advantages, but removing the above will always be missed. Sorry to those that haven’t experienced it.
Wholly agree. If this wasn’t you you missed out on a helluva teenage period:

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
So you all are aware that Pandora has channels you can define. Easily! I have a Tyler Childers, Coulter Wall, and Jackie Green Channel. It plays there music and a bunch ostuff adjacent to it. Its like radio but with actual music I like.

Spotify Stations is much better. You can have a station with just one band. Build a station with multiple bands. Or have one with a band or bands with one's that are similar. Surprisingly when I play some of my favorite bands they play some deep cuts. Not just the popular stuff.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator

My first job at 15 was in a record store. I was the resident metalhead. There was a Fripp fanatic, a jazz fan, and some other eclectic types. It was a blast. Spent the day around music talking about music. I miss record and CD stores. I don't even think you can find CDs in Best Buy anymore. Target and Wally World carry a few. But that's it.

And that's funny you bring up Maiden. I was just starting to discover the harder stuff when I was 12. I picked up The Number of the Beast and took one look at the sleeve and said to myself this has to be good and bought it. I have been a diehard Maiden fan ever since. Still have all of my original vinyl including a big collection of European import singles.

Back in those days you learned about new bands from the rock mags and word of mouth. The very first time I ever heard Metallica was on the Metal Massacre complication that a friend had. That was in 1984. Long before many people had ever heard of them. I remember going to see them on the Master of Puppets tour opening for Ozzy. Here's a bunch of young kids totally headbanging and screaming surrounded by a bunch of older Sabbath heads trying to figure out WTF they were seeing. LOL

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I like the riffing when it plays similar artist. I have found alot of music I like that way

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
A CD player would take away screen real estate. No thank you.
Sponsored